Old Content Scaling and Ion's response in QA

Watch this space in the coming months this will be Wildstar 2.0 the wow version.
I see the writing already. I love how some are saying mount hunting and loot box is content now…

As for you

really I reported issues in BFA that were still broken ever since they appeared in Cataclysm I had one GM who said yes it’s been broken for years now, it will get fixed if it becomes a problem.

REALLY GOOD MINDSET TO HAVE.

1 Like

Well, regardless of what you want, its important to realize that you CAN group and solve this problem.

And that is part of why its not a pressing issue right now, I’m sure.

Sadly, its the only mindset you can have with a game this large. You can fix everything, because fixing one thing might cause a new thing to break.

So that means don’t fix anything? LOL

2 Likes

It has nothing to do with disagreement. You’re a complete and utter shill. You only spread misinformation across these forums, which is far more toxic and detrimental to the community as a whole. You are a bold faced liar and nothing you post here should be taken with any grain of seriousness. I’m sorry, but you are a joke my friend.

3 Likes

You go into every single thread that is upset about something Blizzard has done and try to bully and invalidate their feelings. You’re a toxic individual. Go watch your 3 kids and pay attention to your 2 jobs.

1 Like

Ya, I think the main thing to take away is that they don’t actually know its an issue in the first place. Sounded like Ion believed it was just players upset they weren’t absurdly OP.

What I HAVE seen from this topic goes way way beyond that, so its important to discuss that specifically, with as much fact as possible to get it fixed.

1 Like

guys can we stop feeding him already? i think he’s gotten fat enough off of all these replies.

Thing is, I don’t understand what’s so hard about fixing the scaling. If its a hassle for Blizz then just turn off scaling COMPLETELY for old raid content.

But yes, I do agree with your premise. It is a solution, just an unfortunate one at this point in time.

I sincerely hope they do end up fixing this overtuned scaling.

1 Like

Sure, but I doubt they really are going to fine tune each encounter on specific old raids when a blanket fix is the easier overall solution. They already have enough problems with class balance in pvp and pve in the current patch to worry about fine tuning old raids.

And it’s also just the way its stated. “Get geared and you’ll be able to solo old stuff just like before”. But that ignores the stated progression of a MMO, as you should be able to kill stuff easily when youre 10 levels higher than you were. It shouldnt rely on secondaries and stats.

They didn’t do the squish very well and its coming to show. And while it isnt enough to quit over just yet, it just reflects how Blizzard treats WoW nowadays. The product has become shoddy in many areas, and they obviously don’t have the reputation they once had of being a high quality company. It shows.

Simply put: Ion is an idiot and should be scaled out of a job…

4 Likes

No, that is not what that means, obviously?

It means small things that aren’t causing game-altering interactions usually end up staying how they are until they turn into game-altering interactions.

You absolutely can and will continue to be able to farm old content.

Both of these are completely inaccurate statements, just in this thread alone i’ve done nothing but voice my opinion and I get met with constant hate and ridicule yet I don’t ever show the same energy back. I’m mature enough to understand that we can all have different view points, and that’s OK but clearly not everyone is as inclusive to people’s view points.

Wow. shakes head. Like I said this new direction screams of wildstar. And most of us know how that went. I can imagine the crew over at FF are laughing their backsides off at how stupid the company has become.

It’s easy. Turn of scaling completely for old raid content.

except right after that they basically said “it’s intended we’re not changing it deal with it.” just not worded exactly that way. also the only reason im still subbed right now is to run some legacy content. take that ability away and im gone i have dozens of other games i could be giving my time and money to.

2 Likes

Its really only because you are obviously being a contrarian/ or can only see things through your own eyes…either way just from reading the forums today its clear you are a troll.
You troll trolls…
boredom makes its own fun. BOTH you and Metrohaha seem to think your playstyle is all that matters…and everyone else can just hang…that alone makes any “argument” or “discussion” a waste of time, so may as well fight fire with fire.
you say toxic whilst yourself being a toxic elitist crapping on anyone that doesnt hold the same values in the game as yourself so you get what you get.
keep cranking out the posts though still got 2 hours till servers come up …maybe.

2 Likes

What the hell are you smoking. Jesus Ion has cloned himself a few times and is going full tilt on this dumb idea of not being able to solo old content. I bet you voted biden :frowning:

I doubt it, because they are dealing with it themselves for sure.

You don’t make a game this big and expect for everything to work perfectly always.