Old Content Scaling and Ion's response in QA

They shouldn’t, but they do.
Millions of people playing this game daily ARE the testers.
These issues only arrise when you are sure its widespread, and not some niche case of a spec or class bug.

Either way, also important to remember this main complaint started after launch, which really should be taken into consideration.

Way bigger fish to fry than old raids, right?

No matter how much you like doing them haha

I’ll never understand this sense of entitlement. Read below.

am i sure glad they are getting their priorities straight with making sure the top 1% have it good while the rest get told to pound sand.

3 Likes

I just wish this Tupac guy would do something with his life. Look at his post activity. His poor “3 kids” must be severely neglected. Oh, remember, he also works 2 jobs. His only job is apparently to be a shill for Blizzard on the forums all day. His post content is garbage, he is a garbage human. People like him turn this game to garbage.

He selectively replies to posts, and ignores the ones calling him out on his bull, because he can’t formulate a valid argument that would make sense.

4 Likes

I agree, I was overly stubborn early on, when I was sure I understood the issue.
Now I am unsure, so I am trying to reach out and understand it better.

I don’t care about winning arguments or whatever you are accusing me of with this soccer net nonsense.

I just want to see people take this serious so I can help spread word on it, contribute to getting it fixed, and understand it entirely.

1 Like

I think they key is really Blizzard doesn’t find this a priority. Asking for the logs does seem to be a deflection, when they should have internal data, tons of reports about these already, and could just put a blanket % dmg change on the old raids if they really wanted to.

Very disappointed Blizzard seems to not really care about this issue. Not quite at the point we’re im going to unsub over it, but it could reach that point if the scaling becomes annoying enough

3 Likes

He also contradicts himself all over the place lol.

1 Like

There’s already logs up on WarcraftLogs

Sadly, you may be right.

It is important to realize though that just because they have the data, doesn’t mean they know where to look.

That’s why the player SHOWS them where to look directly, by posting their own logs.

The point is that something is broken. I should not be dying in Normal mode Throne of the Four Winds at max level. A Cataclysm raid, of all things. You can see how many people have posted on this thread all telling you the same thing: that something is amiss with scaling and it seems like you keep deflecting and telling us that it’s our responsibility. None of us are quality testers - we pay to play. If we keep saying that there is something wrong, I think you owe us just enough to investigate that issue. Soloing raids has been a thing for a long time. There were never any issues with it until very recently - the Shadowlands pre-patch, but magically, all of these issues start to appear. When the outcry is so large, isn’t that a sign?

1 Like

Well there’s only a handful of reasons it doesn’t concern them and maybe a combination of them. The most likely is that it’s low on their priority list given all the maintenances they keep having to do lately. Less likely, but still possible, is general ignorance of what players are specifically complaining about which would be worrying given how good of a track record Blizzard has with responding to these kinds of issues. The third is a bit of an elephant in the room which is design philosophy or intent for content. The WoW team has competing design philosophies as you would expect in a creative environment. Maybe they simply don’t think old content should be easy to solo. If that’s the case, there’s little players can do in reporting it. I’d like to know what his actual design goal is with old content. Should it be blown through and soloable 2 expacs and older like previously stated or is he changing his mind on that?

1 Like

Reported. This is incredibly toxic, just because we disagree doesn’t mean that this has to devolve into ad hominem attacks. Is this how you treat anyone doesn’t share the same thought as you?

It’s just BFA 2.0. It’s only fun because the scenery is new. Give a month and see how you feel.

oh yeah, dont forget that when legacy rules are active, everything have less health ond does less damage… and you still get killed by something from 10y ago that your auto should insta kill

Isn’t that the Dunning Kruger effect?

1 Like

How about you go try for yourself.

Oh make no mistake about it. It is FAR more than 1 percent of the playerbase participating in raids and dungeons right now.

There was a LOT of stuff to fix and consider these last few weeks, even just with world content too.

Stuff that has been in the game for years is obviously a lower priority than stuff that was just added.

Problem is 99% of players don’t want to group for raid they grouped for 2+ years ago. And why should we? We already did it before. We spent the hours planning the mechanics, farming the mats for our flasks, potions etc, etc.

This is just SAD on Blizzard’s part. Sorry, I meant Ion. Sack the useless ******

3 Likes

What you’re saying is only true to a certain extent.

I know many people, myself included, for whom running old content to farm mounts and transmog is a huge part of what keeps us subbed. Eventually Shadowlands content will dry up and we’ll be looking for other reasons to keep playing. If I can no longer farm old content, then I will unsub.

1 Like

That’s fair. New content is more important than old content, and I believe all (constructive) feedback, even just talking, is important. Data is infinitely more useful.

That said… something just irks me about the idea that they know where the problem is, but unless we (the consumers) do the ground work for them and report back then they aren’t going to do anything.

Guess we will see in time. For the most part, I’m just happy to hear that it’s a bug and not a feature. I like transmog farming lol

2 Likes