Old Content Scaling and Ion's response in QA

If my transmog runs are a thing of the past, so will be my sub. It’s a part of the game I really enjoy doing. I keep hoping the scaling is a mistake, but if it’s not, that’s one less thing I’ll pay for every month I suppose.

5 Likes

This could make Raiding with Leashes a bit ugly if they release it for Legion. Hrm. Unfortunately I already leveled my one Mythic geared toon. I had planned on doing 1 for each covenant… But if I can’t do my Tmog or RvL runs, now I’m unsure.

I don’t think they’re making an honest effort to understand the issue at this time for whatever reason but don’t want backlash so plea ignorance instead.

1 Like

Par for the course. I don’t think I’ve ever once agreed with something they’ve said around here.

What’s the difference between accidentally logging and going there with the intent to log to post on the forums? I would ASSUME that anyone there is giving their best effort.

But that doesn’t matter, that’s irrelevant, these raids shouldn’t be posing a problem for anyone. They are and need to be fixed

1 Like

Cool, make it a new mode.

I hope not. That seems overly pessimistic to me.
I know everyone hates Ion and everything to do with this game’s development by default, but when I listened to that interview I had a very different viewpoint.

He genuinely gave insight on topics, and it seemed to me he (and likely all of development) just misunderstands what is happening in old raids because they are not concerned with it themselves right now, and there is no compilation of hard evidence being shoved down their throats.

Sadly, that is how you have to go about it if you want them to notice.
And once you do, they will have no choice but to act, even if its in the middle of a world first race.

This would alienate the new population from the old, the entire purpose of Shadowlands is to bridge the gap between casuals and hard core and it’s been doing a fantastic job at that.

All three new players? And what is up with us needing to go see the art and having to die for it?

The difference is sample size, like I said.

The logs there are from weeks apart and contain one boss pull basically.

There are like 5 relevant logs from each raid total.

HOW?!

There’s a new mode added, you can opt to do it or not.

An admirable opinion.

I swear these people think Ion’s s*** don’t stink.

We have hit a new peak in WoW subscribers so it means that clearly it’s more than 3 new players, and there’s all kinds of beautiful art and lore from every expansion. I understand as a veteran you played through it, but not every has. I find these changes to be very inclusive of everyone.

Normally I disagree with you on the forum but this time your correct. I want to know what company drug they used to say this is good or this is fine.

1 Like

But this has been talked about for a long time, now. It’s not like the weird legacy scaling is old news, it was prevalent even back when the pre-patch hit. And it still wasn’t properly fixed back then, not completely. The stronger you get, the easier old raids should be. That’s how it’s always been and now, magically, that doesn’t seem to be the case.

2 Likes

You speak like a CM. You use we when you as a player would not have that knowledge.

1 Like

Probably because they can’t get past the first boss they encounter :rofl: I don’t get the first boss to 50%, there’s 0 chance of me killing him. Defensives, Avatar, Covenant ability, it just ain’t happening. How many times should I repeatedly kill myself before it’s enough?

2 Likes

The option to opt out will be used by those who hate the new system, and this is counter intuitive to making sure there’s a seamless transition which is why the new changes are all inclusive.

This is really my only issue with their process. They have quality testers, yea? They’ve heard the basic complaint (Old content much harder at 60 than 120/50). You have people who are trained professionals when it comes to this kind of issue and who have a direct line to other departments. No randomly posting longs on game forum and hoping someone just happens to see it. No worrying about how that data was gathers.

This is not something that Blizzard should need crowdfunded to solve.

3 Likes

what is important to the players SHOULD be important to the developers as that is what gives them their paycheck.

1 Like