Old Content Scaling and Ion's response in QA

mostly cause Bob Kotick wants sum of that mony with all the partners and merch the worlds first race gives, so they will focus on that instead of what troubles the player base

Logs linked above, Ion take a look plz.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Sounding pretentious isn’t a good look. People have been begging for legacy raids to be fixed for months. “If it was bothering me so much”, but it’s bothering a majority of players. Maybe it doesn’t affect you and perhaps you cannot see it, but many other players can see the difference. Kiwi is also correct.

6 Likes

Well, the number is irrelevant. We don’t know this wouldn’t have happened or has any correlation to our character’s level.

Its more than likely just some bug with the scaling of the actual creatures you are fighting.

You should apply that logic to why people are complaining about the low loot drops by the way. Another hot topic issue that you love to defend with the same logic you just argued against.

Also, take a gander at the outcry of people complaining about people dropping dungeons when their lego item doesn’t drop off the first or second boss. It’s an issue that is causing a disrupt in dungeon runs and leaving people stranded in a dungeon because someone didn’t get the item they needed, and all that’s being suggested is that the drop get moved to the end of the dungeon so that people don’t leave halfway through if it doesn’t drop for them. You going to defend that as well?

1 Like

The wall is more reasonable than this person is.

Because he’s deflecting. The more honest answer is “legacy content is not a priority right now” and leave it at that, because that’s likely the actual reason.

Also maybe he (Ion) should try running this stuff himself. Also, I wish we still had Ghostcrawler.

1 Like

I had looked at that before joining this thread man.
There is no consistency there.

Needs to be presented in a controlled environment.

Man, I still hear this in my DREAMS. >.<

ion don’t like transmogs… he never uses the system, that’s one reason he don’t care about farming old content… he is a dev, if he wants he just add the thing in his acc and all good

Oh sure, that IS the answer. But still, when it gets fixed, they will need to understand what the issue is.

It seems they do not right now.
At least to me.

Or are you suggesting they do, lied about it, and literally don’t care about it?

Yeah, I believe it’s on record somewhere that Ion hates the transmog system and never uses it. We probably would have never gotten it if he was in charge back in the day.

I get he is looking at the game as a dev but he should also be looking at the game as a player.

2 Likes

This is true! But here we are.

I’ve said this so much since yesterday when the interview was posted lol. Not that Ion should run them himself but that Blizz merely has to step foot in the raid to see. It takes me like 2 minutes to hearth to Legion dal, fly to ToS and get stomped by the first boss.

Oh you mean like Blizz HQ?

3 Likes

I’m not concerned with what I sound like, but I apologize if I have offended you or anyone else.

My point is, there is a clear path foward.

If you guys would walk down it together, it WOULD gain traction.

Everything in Legion and older should be easily soloable by any class right at 60 right now. We should not by dying on ANY of this content. It needs fixed. They can squish everything for players, but not for instances? Not buying it. If they wanted to fix this, they already would have.

6 Likes

No, I mean in a log where the express intent is to test the various scaling factors across multiple raids and expansion splits.

And if needed, across multiple specs and characters.

Those logs there are people who were accidentally logging and just went and killed one boss or something.

I don’t understand why players feel so entitled to going back and being able to one shot every single legacy raid. Ion is thinking of all the new players who have missed out on years and years of incredible art and raid designs, and he’s making it so the content is scaled properly so players at 60 can access both old content at new with the gear they have now. Just because veteran players have enjoyed the content, doesn’t mean the new players should be exempt from it as well.