Old Content Scaling and Ion's response in QA

Oh god please dont remind me of getting 3shot by his OP fire spell.

People get very defensive if they don’t share similar opinions with you on GD, this is a good example of that. Extremely toxic individual who feels like everyone has to agree with them or they are a troll and a shill, or they resort to ad hominem attacks.

It’s funny, his very first post was the one calling everyone boomers and “simps” for blizzard, but since then his trolling has done a 180 and he’s the one doing the “simping”.

Also your post might have been reported for censoring the F word, that will still get you in trouble around here since apparently we’re in middle school and can’t handle bad language.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but no. I think this is idealistic at best and naive at worst. The likelihood is people just won’t run old content.

5 Likes

If we only had something like this, we could call it “Time Walking” where veterans and new players alike could group up for an old raid, and go into old content and get the full experience of the raid, lore and art style of that expansion. You should totally suggest this to Blizzard. I’m sure they will put it into the game.

2 Likes

Like I said, your idea is very niche. There aren’t droves of new players suddenly coming to WoW to experience 16 years of content.

You must love the taste of boots.

6 Likes

you’re talking to a wall. focus on the issue at hand.

Clearly my idea isn’t that niche considering Ion and the dev team are pushing forward with it, I understand not everyone will appreciate the new direction of legacy content but I think it’s a needed change to introduce more players to the deep lore and background of WoW.

The level squish was 2.4 levels per 1 level. We levelled 10 levels in Shadowlands. That is the equivalent of level 144 after maxing out at BFA. I think a 144 level character should be able to beat any 110 level elite. Ion’s quote was moronic and disingenuous. So far I have seen a lot of bait and switch happening this expansion, mostly Torghast. The majority of players won’t come on here to complain. They’ll vote with their wallets. I can’t even get my 2 daughters to play anymore and I pay for their accounts. GG Blizzard.

3 Likes

What do you not understand about changing content to cater to a VERY SMALL POOL OF PEOPLE vs hundreds of thousands and maybe even millions of players who solo the content instead?

uncommon sense.

6 Likes

GD doesn’t speak for the majority of players, I don’t think we’ll know the impact of these changes until they go live and we see how players feel a month or two from now.

The new business model implemented for this expansion is pretty hard hitting. They went with the Diablo 3 method by wanting people to buy tokens to buy the legendary items vs time invested for power.

They also did everything they could to squeeze more (money/time) out of the subscribers. You can see this with every design decision made in expansion, from making old content harder for capped players, time gated heavy progression.

I think they wanted another way to keep players subbed longer just in case the expac failed, and this was an alternative way to to it. Expac is a huge cash grab by blizzard. (imo)…

I enjoy running old raids for transmogs and mounts rng, This increase in difficulty once lev capped is a slap in the face for all the wow vets still playing.

4 Likes

how can you say that when transmog and mount farm is literally what most of the players do in this game, from casuals to hardcore players

5 Likes

But how does making the fights harder extend how long people farm these old dungeons for transmogs/mounts?

Even if I can one shot the whole raid, I’m gonna continue to come back every week until I get what I want and that’s completely dependent on RNG luck and not boss difficulty.

Uhh they have pushed forward with bad ideas before. You are guessing this is a good idea with no data to bck it up.

I’ve waited over two years to be able to grab something transmog related in the LFR version of Antorus, because that’s what we were told… as soon as you gain a level in the next expansion, the stuff from two expansions ago would be on ‘legacy loot’.

I can’t do it on the character I want it on (my mage).

Between that; the fact that I’m unable to solo anything higher than level 2 in Torghast on the mage, because it’s too damn difficult for me; and that world quests are mandatory for anima just to keep up with the story… I’m rapidly losing interest in this game. And I was so excited for Shadowlands. :frowning:

6 Likes

Ion Hazzikostas

2008 - Game Designer (credited with many others for Cata, MoP)
2014 - Lead Encounter Designer (credited with three others for WoD)
2015 - Assistant Game Director (re: Wowpeida; also credited as such for Legion)
2016 - Game Director (re: Wowpeida; also credited as such for BfA)

He has only been in charge for BfA and Shadowlands.

Lol you think I’m just talking about the people on the forums? Just how broken is your thought process

Yup, I said when the transition happened. I surmised as much that he led the charge of BFA and Shadowlands respectively.

Makes sense that this expansion is slow and boring (wish they’d have someone who has experience leading a AAA game.)

Then who else are you speaking for? Did you survey the entire WoW population?