Okay, so. Was gonna buy Dragonflight:

Well this gray haired, handicapped old lady has this thought. The day I see a gray haired, handicapped old lady npc is when I no longer have the wonderful fantasy world I use WOW to enjoy. Don’t even try to include me so you can say you included everyone. I pay every month so I have a place to go and leave all the crap in this world behind.

4 Likes

I mean, somehow Everquest 2 is more fun than WoW atm.

And it’s like Nintendo 64 graphics. :confused:

thats what woke liberalism is its just divides this tool is goign to cause a lot of people to think twice about playing wow.

1 Like

Pretty sad. They give us a garbage version of Marvel Endgame for Shadowlands story but at least they have a diversity calculator! Woo!

2 Likes

It’s just another Tuesday for Blizzard.

They’re basically assigning points based on the “uniqueness” of a particular individual. It’s like estimating the value of a rare Magic the Gathering card.

1 Like

I shouldn’t even have to say this, but as a black man I am so tired of companies trying to pander to this stuff… Make a good game… that is all… I could care less if there are more black made up characters… So tired of woke white people trying to act like they know what day to day black people want.

7 Likes

Only difference is magic the gathering cards are actually valuable.

1 Like

This tool basically confirmed my suspicions that the Dracthyr are designed to be some sort of ‘nonbinary’ representation to excuse lazy design.

2 Likes

Did you see the story about netflix memo to its employees? lol

Pending lawsuits.

Divide and conquer is the name of that game.

Most things in life can be summed up with boxing. Every where you look you’ll find people pushing crap and using clever words to try and evade honest questions. There is only one way to stop it too. You have to block out all the psycho babble and just muscle through.

This is precisely why I have a zero tolerance policy on certain bad-faith posters. We know their vain and like to talk. They spew their drivel because they want to feel cleverer than they really are.

So what you do is ignore them and beat their claims with facts. Emotional posters, rhetoric driven posters, incendiary posters, zealots and demagogues do not like cold, hard, immutable facts. They don’t like them because they can’t control them. They can’t change them with clever spindoctoring.

So the best way to fight such things is with that as your foundation. Don’t respond to baits, just keep pushing back on the important topics. But until they stop, by hitting the proverbial mat; you do not let up.

In the words of one boxer…

I am speaking proverbially, and not literally; if it was not abundantly clear. Do not punch anyone in the face ever. That should go without saying, but the road seems to have veered off from reality to Toontown.

2 Likes

This is how we know the world is messed.

South Park episode in a nut shell.

:panda_face:

I still have trouble believing this new word exists. I liked Peter Pan as a young child, but I left Neverland decades ago. I also never took the opportunity during my youth to make up words. Perhaps I should have? Shazbot! Yeah, maybe I should leave that to more creative writers.

Thanks to World of Warcraft general discussion forums I actually know that some people believe: “Dreams do come true, if only we wish hard enough.” I leave this quote in reference to the fantastical “non-binary” phrase.

How is it that I learn non-game related social terminology here? I definitely didn’t go looking for it on my own, since the word is fantastical in nature. Perhaps the fantasy theme of the game makes it relevant? :thinking:

1 Like

What I want to know is WHY does Blizzard continue to use white text on black background still? Like get a clue Bliz, its not the 90’s anymore! Plus, if you really care about your customers convert to black on white (or light) so we don’t ruin our eyesight! :roll_eyes:

Not just that though, it allows for targeted racism by users. The greatest thing about the internet and games is you don’t know who you are talking to or with and when you find out you are surprised and more humbled by the experience since you are proven wrong from your internal thoughts of that person.

It is perfectly fine to allow that level of change but forcing it won’t help those movements work. For instance how they do gay relationships in TV or other political correct issues, they are blunt and straight to the point but those issues aren’t good in a blunt format.

A natural flow for characters in media are the best and there are a lot of shows which do this really well. The more you push stuff in the fact of people the more they will reject it. So making a program to “create diversity” is really off putting.

1 Like

Personally, I like beating them with mockery. And if it’s their thread, I like injecting random off topic things in their threads. I won’t take those people serious.

Agreed. Wokeness is ruining everything.

4 Likes

Nah people can just grow up and get over themselves and deal with the fact that a minority being represented isn’t an attack on their psyche. I mean look at reality, after 200 years and 43 presidents the US finally got one (ONE) that wasn’t a rich, geriatric, straight, white dude and insecure white people reacted so viscerally to an articulate black man being elected that they put a blatantly corrupt, senile, moron conman into office simply because he was ‘white guy failing upward with 0 accountability for any of his actions’ personified. That fragility is pathetic and dangerous as hell and it’s way past time to pretend that catering to it is in any way the intelligent or responsible course.

And as loathe as I am to believe anything Activision says at this point, this tool does seem pretty blatantly designed to catch blind spots. It’s super easy to unintentionally fall back on stereotypes or miss a demographic when creating content, this is just an algorithm to help prevent that. Whether that ends up being a replacement for actually including those underserved demographics in the creative process or not is the real issue here.

3 Likes

It doesn’t even say what the tool will be used to create or what metrics it will measure the data by.

But you be you and cancel your sub over nothing.

2 Likes