Okay, so. Was gonna buy Dragonflight:

Adios, buh-bye, go play another game.

I just canceled my sub over this. I’m done with blizzard. I will use every opportunity to call out these “white saviors”

Yeah, IMO and what I said to him was: “This basically translate that we have high up people running a gaming company that is out of touch or out of depth with its audience/clients and its products, making the decisions… Lets just enjoy the game and if it suck lets just move on don’t pay attention to this. Clearly this is a management issue, not our problem to solve”

Anyway at this point I’m just laughing at the memes and crossing my fingers for a Carbot or Captain grim parody video of it…lol :rofl:

Not me, I think I’m finally done with WoW.

1 Like

Go woke, go broke applies here.

3 Likes

So you’re not going to buy the expansion because you will now have to look at diverse range of inclusion in a video game?

Good riddance! :wave:

3 Likes

And here we go with the “Racist” crap lol, every time.

1 Like

From how ABK describes the tool, it is mostly a checklist for character designers to go through to verify they aren’t accidentally reinforcing racist stereotypes. It doesn’t seem that interesting.

Why would I care what the suits are doing if the product is fun to me?

There are companies doing worse, and do not have the energy for faux outrage I’m playing a vidya gayme.

You clowns can keep this pile of garbage. I’m tired of my entertainment being tied up in your political worldviews. I come here to escape. Not to read about your gay rights, LGBTQ, and Muh “perceived racism” garbage. Take care losers.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the alt-righters come on here the moment diversity or inclusion is mentioned. The game is still fun and will continue to be fun with added bonus of the above. I am rooting for Blizzard 100% to add more customization options!

2 Likes

That is such a wall of text.

The chart is really, really stupid.

Would you mind explaining this to me a bit?

Why would it be “brave” to make Zarya gay in a world that already includes Soldier 76 and Tracer? What’s stopping them from just… doing it?

Also, wouldn’t the assumption that she’s “gay-coded” just because she’s a bit macho be a pretty antiquated stereotype?

3 Likes

I wonder how many diversity points i have as a human being.

I mean why are characters sexuality even a thing in a shooter like overwatch? Do the straight characters all have sexual partners or do just the gay characters? I am generally curious because i only played overwatch once when it came out. For a game like overwatch which doesnt even have a campaign\story elements its kinda weird.

Well as someone with a physical disability (not the one you specifically mention) I actually enjoy playing the game where I get to be a character without said disability.

So I personally get where you’re coming from with this.

1 Like

Technically, it isn’t.

Literally all of Overwatch’s lore takes place outside of the game purely for marketing reasons. The game itself has virtually no story, aside from insight into character relationships gleaned through pre-battle voicelines.

Yea i thought so, i dont remember there being a campaign.

Coming from a token human, I find nothing wrong with change.

1 Like

You know, when I was going through puberty I thought about sex a lot, but I never felt a need to talk about it to everyone else in the world on an hourly basis. Is this what the new generation is all about? It’s pretty sad honestly.

5 Likes