Okay, so. Was gonna buy Dragonflight:

“Woke” culture. It’s quite hilarious and sad.

2 Likes

I find the whole thing to be a bad joke. The future of this world is done for if it doesn’t go up in nuclear fire very soon, which I kinda hope it does.

3 Likes

Still can’t get past semantics, can you?

Try reading context.

Let me know if you’re ever capable of having an actual conversation instead of some ridiculous “BuT sEmAnTiCs!”

Sorry you’re incapable of grasping context and no, your reading comprehension is terrible if you can’t get past some obsession over wording.

Stating things as fact versus illustrating them as a concern isn’t semantics, it’s an inability on your part to craft your words.

I shouldn’t need to explain that with an example, but I fear it wouldn’t sink in even if I did.

3 Likes

It’s not a joke though unfortunately. Many companies are pandering to the movement to keep the “SJW cancel culture” off their back. Funny thing is the companies don’t start the pandering till they have to, and everyone falls for this crap that blizzard cares bleh blah bloh.

What’s hilarious the company can’t even do it without the help from an tool / app.

Rediculous.

Oh I know. It just feels like a bad joke. Nuclear winter cannot come soon enough.

2 Likes

Never thought I’d die fighting side by side with an elf…

What about side by side with an aboriginal north American trans gender void elf?

Aye… I could do that.

That’s horrifying

1 Like

Instead of using buzz words like “woke” or “SJW” why not just use the word progressive/progressivism?

Putin and Biden might make your wish come true.

Maybe. Time will tell i guess.

That just shows how ignorant this whole thread you made is. You don’t understand how disabled or lgbt makes a character? They are just a check-mark? You know disabled and lgbt people exist right? And they probably have had a different life story than others like you, and are in communities that have their own culture due to years of exclusion (ex. Deaf people, lgbt people)…. Having that represented is showcasing another human experience that is often excluded from fantasy imagination.

Disabled people, lgbt, deaf people, black people, etc deserve to imagine themselves in fantasy worlds too.

3 Likes

So, how could the game be more inclusive for a disabled person? Say someone who is paraplegic? Have a wheelchair option for character creation? I would really like to know.

Nothing was stated as fact. And that’s your problem. You still refuse to read and comprehend.

1 Like

A lot of people confuse opinions with facts and visa versa.

1 Like

If you don’t know, then you don’t know. That’s probably why Blizz has a team that is diverse to address this.

As someone who isn’t wheelchair-bound idk how they would like to be represented. And I’m not about to speak for them. Maybe wheel-chair bound people like imagining themselves in the game as if their not, maybe they feel included when a cool character is wheel-chaired bound.

1 Like

NPCs in wheelchair maybe?

If we’re going to go that far, then I’m going to suggest that blizzard add more depressed / anxious characters into WoW because I deal with severe depression and social anxiety and I want to feel included too so blizzard please add more paranoid / sad people.

:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I mean you’re not wrong. This is why I bet Blizzard will hesitate to go too far down that rabbit hole.

Unconscious biases aren’t a thing. You don’t have deep rooted prejudices that you never knew you had. Racists know full well they’re racist, they simply don’t care because they also think they’re right. If you asked a Klan member if they were racist they wouldn’t have to think about it. If you ask a good person if they’re racist they might have to think about it, because they care about that sort of thing. Do you see the issue? It’s a fleece, that was created to take advantage of good peoples good nature, and for morons and abusers to use as clubs to win stupid conversations that don’t even need to be had.

Supposed unconscious biases are going to go down in history as a con at best, and anyone that believes in that crap needs to do more research than reading buzzwords on tabloid magazines and websites.

1 Like