Ok we tried it. AoE cap feels horrible

I don’t really think it’ll make much diff I did a few dungeons on beta and wasn’t like “OMG THIS IS TOTALLY UNPLAYABLE LOL”

only situation I see it being annoying is in legacy content.

Meh, same people said that they would quit over Global cooldown too…still waiting for them to leave

2 Likes

Just another example of Blizzard designing the game around a spreadsheet, instead of what is actually enjoyable to the playerbase.

5 Likes

What choice had been taken from you? You can still do all the same things, just worry slightly more difficulty. Most the caps are like 5 mobs? You’re saying you can’t press tab a few times, or deal with slightly longer pulls?

I’m done discussing it, because the reason this is a thing is exactly because blizzard says so. Complain all you want, but it’s done. Don’t pretend everyone else had so many choices before, mass pulling and gogo happened right down to the first leveling dungeons. You can’t escape it, and blizzard for a small thing to limit that play.

Get over it :slight_smile:

all excellent questions.

I don’t get it either. Misusing aoe can be a death sentence if not done correctly. Maybe this is an attempt at slowing dungeon pulls…which if tank can pull whole room and live, then dps shoule be able to aoe the hell out of everything.

I am 100% willing to quit retail over this change, Every class (!!! NOT SPEC!!!) Should have access to some AOE, Usually when people talked about cleave in MoP it was basically “Throw some AoE into your relation”, that was still fun.

You’re saying they made an all-encompassing change for M+ only?

That doesn’t add up.

:cake:

#boxingischeating
#endmultiboxing

I completely agree this is just not fun at all. I really hope they just scrap this aoe cap idea quickly.

No, they don’t want to do that. This ain’t black or white binary folks. Just because they don’t want you pulling 30 mobs at once, doesn’t mean they want you to take 5 minutes between pulls to carefully mark it and sheep it.

You can pull a +15 and time it just fine doing it pack per pack with no hard CC and going full on chain pull speed mode. Is pulling the whole front room before the first boss faster ? Yes. That’s what they are trying to stop, not speed chain pulling.

It’s pretty much the reason for the change yeah. There’s no other reasons really.

What doesn’t add up ? There really isn’t anywhere else in the competitive game where these mass pulls are occurring that Blizzard would want to limit. A lot of very high key strategies revolved around mass pulls to make the timers.

1 Like

I’ll still never be able to wrap my brain around why they did this. It’s just not fun. : /

1 Like

The choice of mass pulling or doing smaller pulls. The choice was there. Now its not. Limit to m+ fine i can actually agree with that but taking to all of the games content now thats just excessive.
I keep having to say this. Im an advocate for the decision to either take your time or pull the whole dang room.

Ive leveled 7 characters to max. Yes the epeen anti new players will always be around making leveling dungeons a drag but this doesnt happen in every single dungeon.

Lol duh the decision has already been implemented it does not mean we who disagree have to be silent about it. Dont like my stance? Okay no problem get over it

1 Like

Blizzard is probably going to continue to make changes to anything that results in players forcing a gameplay style on the masses.

Mass pulls generally start becoming a thing once the hardercore players gain a gear advantage over a specific content…then everyone else is expected to get on the chain pull wagon or get kicked.

Next people stop inviting classes that are not good at mass pulls… many players late expansion can handle mass pulls gear wise but that doesnt matter because now its clear there are several classes that are the meta for mass pulling teams. If you didnt roll or reroll one of the “meta” classes then don’t bother trying to catch a pug…

It just keeps going…the only way it stops is if Blizzard stops it with a design change like AoE capping…

I don’t mind the change…

2 Likes

I think it’s smart, it makes balancing much more simple and will force a more standardized way of approaching dungeons as a tank. Currently there is so much variance depending on your skill/gear/m+ level on the tank pathing, it’s really complicated.

It will also lead to them making individual packs much more challenging, and potentially more sparse because they won’t be able to be grouped up into a mass pull anymore. Less trash is more fun, more significant feeling trash is more fun imo. They could add more mechanics to the trash as well, because there will not be mass pulling anymore.

It was fun seeing a lot of numbers on screen at once, but it was also not the greatest design.

1 Like

You’re saying that Blizzard is implementing a change to the entire game to fix a Mythic Plus behavior?

That’s what isn’t adding up.

A sledgehammer substitute for a ball peen hammer project.

:cake:

#boxingischeating
#endmultiboxing

1 Like

I prefer AOE cap. Less people smashing their face in their keyboard and clearing content.

2 Likes

How is it not adding up ? It’s not like they haven’t done stuff like this before.

AKA : the Blizzard way.

I warned people about this.

Now pay up.

And the haters have gone silent lately…hmmm.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

On these forums, which are full of complaints about every little thing possible, was there ever a complaint during 8.x that players didn’t like AOE hitting so many targets?

How did this piece of work rise to the top of the developer to do list???

1 Like

That makes no sense.

I remember people mass pulling when undergeared.

Some players like mass pulling and some don’t.

It has nothing to do with superior gear or “hardcore” players. Leave that thinking at the door!

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like