Ok we tried it. AoE cap feels horrible

Just tried this out, rounded up 7-8 mobs, used Swipe (cap at 5)…only hit 5 :frowning:

Neither. If i swing my sword and it phisically hits all the enemies infront of me, it should also deal damage to all enemies infront of me.

F this new WOW and F Classic.
Time to find a new game

2 Likes

They don’t want you to mass pull anymore.

Go go go mentality with mass pulling techniques is not making World of Warcraft look good on streams…

Accept the changes, adapt and move on.

2 Likes

Can still mass pull, just better know how to survive as a tank while the group whittles away at it is all :slight_smile:

I didn’t even know it was such a thing until I only saw that my aoe wasn’t hitting all the mobs

I thought it was a bug??? It’s an actual intended design? Why??

1 Like

Awesome, working as intended!

Bahahahha sucks to be a DH feel free to quit the game

1 Like

AOE cap makes combat feel a lot slower for no reason. Please remove it Blizz. Just balance the game around the fact that players have aoe ffs

1 Like

Aoe cap is not the way to fix this. They could… idk… make the mobs not hit like wet noodles?

1 Like

Bye-bye. Maybe try thinking before pulling ½ the dungeon.

1 Like

I don’t understand what problem they are creating that this solution is meant to solve, all it tells me is they want to stop people with the “Go go go go go go go” mentality and slow the game down for the dummies.

But while doing that they aren’t making anything mechanically engaging to make that slowdown worth it. I really don’t understand it. Is this a different way to time gate us? Just make everything take longer so they don’t need to have an arbitrary release schedule?

Honestly I’m getting tired of fighting their designers more than the bosses.

I thought this was diablo the minute they added g rift I mean mythic + keys

I wasnt ok with it…then I was…now Im unsure.
after playing with it it feels seriously clunky when I get hit by a pack thats more than the cap…which some mobs are, even in world trash…those WoD boar packs helped me figure out that its not working very well pretty quick.

1 Like

you sure?>?

1 Like

Based on how island expeditions and M+ are designed it makes sense the devs don’t play their own game.

This isn’t vanilla where you pull one mob at a time as a Rogue saps.

What is BlizZard doing?

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

I’m not gonna lie. This change sucks. There’s no other way for me to say it.

1 Like

BlizZard: Lets put a timer in M+

Also BlizZard: Lets put in a hard AoE Cap.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

3 Likes

That’s a Blizzard move, to be sure. :sweat_smile:

you are talking bout kiting during mitigation gaps yea? and just kiting huge packs in general?

i bet it would be really easy with a frost mage. kekw

I disagree, aoe caps are great uwu