Ok underperforming specs who plays you for fun?

What would it take to make prot/fury warrior and all those other specs like surv bm frost arcane outlaw assassination demonology mw (for the love of god help mw) work in PvP?

Buff damage a little more and make pets easier to heal or reduce cast time of summon demon by seconds for demo only.

3 Likes

It would take alot.
This class is in very bad shape for a large list of reasons.

All survival needs is better tools to keep their pet alive or revert the res to 2s

Is the 20% dmg for pets enough

We will have to see but on MM my pet has died to double melee accidentally in just a few seconds so many times I’ve lost count

A complete redesign of the specs.

1 Like

Some of these specs sure! But if the spec is preforming well in pve they can’t redesign it without complicating the pve version.

But you can’t fix them with just some damage and/or defense tuning. Imagine you would buff frost mage to a level that they could compete with fire damage wise in this fast meta. They would be totally broken versus any kind of melee because of the control they have over them.

Just as an example to understand my point.

Pretty much for all those specs, a buff to damage. They are horrible in their own right but the reason youd take most of those are for things outside damage; but this meta is all about how mongoloid you can be. Sure frost has tons of cc but it can’t combust every minute to kill all living things it has line of sight of, so why bother?

For hunters/demo specifically, need to buff pet survivability but for demo its because the spec is 100% hard cast and demons can be aoe cc’d to stop all of its damage, it can do respectable damage if not trained but it will absolutely be trained. Might as well go affi where your dots are ticking at least while you’re being constantly kicked.

Mistweaver? Needs a lot, like a massive amount. Their heals don’t heal enough, their heals are hardcast, they die in 3 hits if they precast all their defensives that have 5 min cds (or 2 hits if they fail to so), have literally no damage to the point where you could probably straight afk for a whole minute and let just the MW hit you and not even be dead. The spec is just… awful.

That’s understandable.

For Arcane we either need a flat damage buff or increase the amount of damage transferred through Touch of the Magi. It also doesn’t help that we don’t have Dragon’s Breath to setup a Touch window like Fire does.

Buff mw defensives to their bfa cds (1.5 fort brew and 20% reduc instead of 3min and 15%) chrysalis pvp talent needs to go back to a 45 sec cd reduction instead of 25 because we dont even have access to the azerite trait that also reduced its cd so it would still be nerfed over the 8.3 version. Possibly bring back dematierialize as a damage reduction while stunned instead of a straight immunity to damage. Let cocoon be castable while stunned again. Make statue or invoke chi ji baseline and buff chi ji to increase our dmg and gives us a freedom again. Thats probably enough to make us playable again. Idk about S tier tho

1 Like

Keep buffing Fury’s damage by 5% every 2-3 weeks until they’re no longer in the garbage can.

I have no idea how Fury is doing so bad because their rotation is one of the most fun for melee dps.

1 Like

Fix Call Fel lord and Call observer for demonology and the spec instantly becomes viable overnight. Even if its a one trick pony spec.

Issues with Fel Lord: The Fel Lord NPC has too little health and dies as collerateral to cleaving. On my 36k health warlock, fel lord has 11k health. Literally a paladin can accidently kill it with Kyrian spell + passive AW aoe. Infernal for destruction has 27k health.

It also does little damage. 5% current max hp is basically nothing when you factor in the time in between its attacks and it can be CCed. Prior to BFA it did something closer to 40%. They changed lightning lasso from max % hp to a flat amount in BFA on elemental shaman and they need to do the same here but just havent because no one on the dev team plays a warlock let alone demonology.

Issues with Call Observer: Once again, a major cooldown spell with pitiful health at 4k Health. Not exaggerating. This thing will last about 2 seconds and die accidently to firemage passive cleave/starfall/anything anyone does. THIS THING HAS LESS HEALTH THAN WILD IMPS DO. ON A 1.5 MINUTE CD.

Second issue, is it was changed from a 40 yard aoe targeted reticule summon (ala blizzard/Death and Decay) with a 40 yard hit box, to a 20 yard hitbox and around the warlocks feet summon. This is an issue because not only does it mean it wont hit casters at max range because it summons at your feet AND it only has a 20 yard range instead of 40, but if someone is currently cleaving you it can die before its animation even finishes on summon.

FIX THESE 2 TALENTS AND DEMONOLOGY IS PLAYABLE. AND ITS PVP TALENTS TOO THERES NO SIDE EFFECT IN PVE AT ALL.

1 Like

Also make nether tempest great again. Another relic spell that is basically useless in all regards SINCE MOP. THIS SPELL HAS BEEN AWFUL FOR 8 YEARS AND ITS STILL A TALENT THATS SEEN NO BUFFS.

I’d rather shoot myself than have to play Nether Tempest.

This is assuming frost has to be doing the same damage as fire to be viable, but that isn’t true. That’s an oversimplified view.

Why do you think people play fire? Because it’s the burst momentum they want and need. So if you want mages to switch to frost you either need to destroy fire or to buff frost damage to a level where it generates comparable pressure.

So it’s not an oversimplified view, just a realistic view. I mean, they buffed frost damage by 9% - how many mages did swap to frost after?

Now they nerfed combustion damage by ~8%. How many mages will swap now to frost, what do you think? Estimated I would say like, hmm, not even 1%. Why? Because fire makes it easier to kill stuff because they generate a lot more pressure with their burst.

Last but not least, a lot depends also on what top player do. If they would all swap frost for a reason, most people would follow. If they switch back to fire after a few weeks, everyone would follow. No matter if there is a reason for the switches or just personal preference.

That was a lot of words to not really say anything. ‘spec go brrrrrr’ is an oversimplified idea of things, and that’s what you’re equating it to.