Ok to play Horde war within?

To this I’d add:

1. The Horde is more politically charged than the Alliance due to the cultures they drew on for visual effects. Fewer risks of missteps when writing Alliance characters.
6 Likes

Trouble was guaranteed the moment that Midnight was announced, regardless of how things pan out.

It all centers on Silvermoon, which will either be:

A. The expansion’s central hub that both factions use on account of whatever crisis is occurring within Quel’thalas.

B. Silvermoon will be lost to the forces of the Void, and the players will have to work to reclaim it over the course of the expansion.

If it’s A, there’ll be no shortage of complaints from Horde players who won’t want to share established Horde territory with Alliance players, which in a way, is understandable. If the shoe was on the other foot, I don’t think Alliance fans would be so keen on housing Horde soldiers in Stormwind, if something similar was happening there. I know there’ll be Alliance players who won’t want to help, or be in Quel’thalas, for similar reasons.

If it’s B, then we’ll get Horde posters complaining about having to rely on the Alliance, and Alliance-related characters, in order to reclaim their own territory. It doesn’t matter if there’s a Black Hole manifesting that’s already absorbing the Isle of Quel’danas, Sunwell and all, there will inevitably be some on both factions who would rather see total planetary annihilation than let factional grudges go.

Either way, you will have players who are completely disengaged from the narrative of what’s actually going on in the story, who are altogether are more concerned with factional representation, and saving face against the other faction and its respective players. On one hand, this is indicative of a flaw in Blizzard’s storytelling, on the other, the priorities of the players themselves might have to be brought into question, sometimes.

Clearly, not every argument made in this forum is made in good faith.

Blizzard has already set upon this course of action, there is no feasible way for them to make everyone happy with what will soon follow.

4 Likes

I rather lose Silvermoon forever before I allow Umbric and Vereesa enter the place ever.

1 Like

Or it’s both. Both is good.

Hey, I didn’t side with Saurfang. Or Sylvanas. I was team “Screw y’all, I’m going on vacation.”

So does Dalaran, supposedly, but we all know how that went.

But all High Elves are permitted to visit the Sunwell.

Or it will be lost to the forces of the Void and will not be reclaimed.

2 Likes

I’m going to be honest, I don’t think this is a very constructive stance to have.

Think about this, you would sooner see the destruction of Quel’thalas and its associated characters, and all the values and themes contained within, rather than anything in the way of reconciliation?

I could be wrong on this, but it seems to me that you might be more anti-Alliance than you are Pro-BE, or even Horde. Which seems like an exhausting way to engage with the material of this game, to me.

What is there in this stance, other than spite?

Also a possibility, given how both factions have stake in its reclamation. Everyone loses.

They both want to see the dimise of Quel’thalas and want them to return to the alliance. You can’t concile with people who want your worst just because they made a political decision they disagree with. That is what the blood elf fans will to have suffer through. Snarky comments from people who judge you because you didn’t make yourself a slave of humans like they did.

And yes the alliance sucks 100%. Humanity never did anything good for the elves yet these characters act like they are the holy grail.

1 Like

If the horde loses something, the alliance doesn’t have to.
If the alliance loses something, the horde has to.
If the alliance gains something, the horde doesn’t have to.
If the horde gains something, the alliance has to.

This is the “parity” the game offers.
I do not want to share one inch of horde territory with the alliance. They already owe, what, six racial leaders?

9 Likes

Yes and it is bad and cost the Horde way too much by now. It needs to stop.

1 Like

Much more then that.

Nazgrim
Sylvanas
Gallywix
Rastakhan
Nathanos
Garrosh
Zaela
Cairne
Vol’jin
Saurfang
Dranosh
Broxigar
Krenna

and that is just the playable faction not even counting the original leaders.

1 Like

But at the same time it’s acceptable that two to three cities of the Alliance are available to the Horde, which is ironic.

Horde-players, and especially several US forum Blood Elf-players, need victimhood in their cognitive daily functioning to have a purpose in life, which they do not find outside the game.

The true culprit is awful writing but for some reason it is easier to bash the other players but this will not help them in the long run.

Literally no one has bashed the other players, saying “i don’t want to share the capitals” isn’t bashing anyone

2 Likes

Quick google search indicates he’s a human warrior.

I was gonna say, I don’t know much about the man except that he is annoying. He strikes me as an Alliance Player, the way he is just annoying to even see.

I thank the lord You Tube lets you block channels, I used to hate when his face would pop up.

That is the face of the Alliance.

(I kid, the Allince isn’t that bad)

1 Like

IN lore the Horde has no access to any alliance city so far. The Forsaken retretead from Gilneas and Bel’ameth is nelf only witht he sole exception of Hamuul. What you want is turning Silvermoon into the next Dalaran which every blood elf player isa gainst. Stop being entitled we don’t owe you sharing a core race capital with the alliance.

1 Like

:dracthyr_cry_animated:

You wound me, sir. See if I fix your glowing magic hot tub when Xalatath comes to stick her feet in it come Midnight.

3 Likes

That’s rude. Nelves are free to visit TB if they’re on your best behavior.

But you gotta wear your provided “I’m sorry for not helping against the Centaur” tabard and sign a binding pledge to not try to void nuke TB as a ghost if the Twilights hammer kills you.

4 Likes

Nobody cares for your tribalism.

1 Like

Anduin decides he’s going to let us die in a cave.

Nobody cares for alliance players being greedy.

1 Like

Look, there is a near zero chance Blizzard will give both Kul Tiran and human models with elven ears to the Horde. Now that I think about it, where elves with short ear even added? I don’t recall seeing them in the Arathi.