Oh well we trie

Who am I? Someone who will live and let die. One more enemy against MSV. I would even take sides with the community AGAINST MSV now. *Give up MSV and we can talk more.

Edit: Also, it’s a good thing I’m semi-retired lest I smoke every MSV I see in WPvP. I hear MM is doing really well in PvP these days.

I actually don’t even care if it stays melee or goes range just the arguments people make are so cooked. Funnily enough mm is honestly the hunter spec that needs a rework the most lol.

1 Like

Too few people even bother with Marks. What would be the objective to rework it?

I mean its actually bang on middle of the pack with total heroic parses so bit of a weird statement. In terms of whats wrong with it the current playstyle is awful, the variance is way too high and is built on top of BFA mm which was just straight up worse than the legion iteration.

Yeah, I would think that’s weird too because that’s the most desirable state to be in: middle of the pack.

On top of BFA MM? I played BFA MM.

So far at 60, I like how it’s set up. They improved Wind Arrows just now. Despite the lack of Double Tap, we’re still doing pretty good. I’m not sweating much over what we USED to have that was good.

The wind arrows change is awful WRG is one of the worst designed talents in the game and has made the rng swings of mm way too large. Also total parses does not paint a picture of a specs health I just used it cuz you said too few people bother with marks which is just flat out untrue. You have a pattern of just spewing out random conjecture as fact maybe you’d have better luck with the msv crowd if you worked on that just food for thought.

You understand BM is still the majority, right? That’s not going to just change overnight.

Well no, the new change was still better because you are guaranteed CHANCES to proc WRG instead of hoping to see if you’d get Windies at all. The new change got rid of the exponential RNG.

*Do you see how I knew this stuff because I actually READ and DO RESEARCH on this? The change being awful? Were you just hoping to have closer to 100% uptime on Trueshot? And you don’t see how that can be considered OP?

You think I’m stupid and I don’t know this stuff because I’m still playing SL, but it’s all open-source information. I was looking at 10.0 stuff before it went live.

Better luck? Is it not better luck to me if they all just QQ together or get the heck out of my class? Now that kind of luck is outrageously good. But no, I don’t care about them anymore. Let them eat cake.

??? mm is literally the highest dps variance spec in the game and its because of the WRG change.

and the fact that you didn’t know how bad the variance is with current mm proves that u clearly haven’t read or done any research or if you have whatever sources you are using are cooked.

I’m not the one arguing anything about DPS variance. That’s not unique to Marks. Some DPS specs are bursty, others are sustained. That’s riding on a different tangent if you want one or the other. I don’t have a dog in that fight. If it DPSes well, that’s usually enough for me.

what do you think causes variance

Besides procs, there’s also how skillful you keep the rotation up. *But definitely making Wind Arrows a guaranteed thing instead of a proc off of AShot was a positive change regardless. Because if I was active in 10.0 I would have skipped that leg in the spec tree. Not to mention that they made Windies SCALE BETTER from your AShot damage, so that’s actually MORE THOROUGHPUT which REDUCES variance.

See? I only have so much gasoline to burn all these strawmen down lol.

what strawmen?

this was the exact statement I’ve been arguing the whole time lmao

also I’m talking about simulated dps where skill isn’t a factor purely procs and the reality is that wrg procs made the spec have wild dps swings from pull to pull due to the nature of the talent. This is known as variance and is not fun or rewarding design.

The ones laid down gratuitously to try and trip me up, so I can be made a spectacle here. But the good thing is that I can restock on gas better because MSV is anathema and 110% wrong-wrong-wrong now.

But you omitted all of the other important details, PLUS you talked about variance when removing some of the RNG in one change helps with it. But in 10.0 the Windies did bad damage by themselves. It had to be changed because that talent leg was completely garbo.

But I’m going to be nice and pretend you didn’t walk it back this time, despite I’m not in a good mood.

Not every boss is Patchwerk. But despite it not being fun or rewarding, if that’s what’s picked now because of damage, then that’s what’s picked. Nobody cares how the sausage is made as I said it to the wrong person a while ago.

But I would think that you can predict TShot procs a lot easier now in 10.1 than in 10.0, and not to mention your own TShot is going to be on or off CD on the side.

??? walk what back I’ve been making the same point the whole time and you aren’t getting it because you don’t understand how current mm plays compared to 10.0.

I mean plenty of people do I see complaints about mm all the time in the hunter discord, yes we play it cuz its the talent build that does the most damage and we still dislike it.

You can’t lol wrg is just a rng proc of trueshot theres no skill attached u either proc or u don’t and if you proc a lot you do more damage if you get unlucky you do far less damage.

1 Like

“It’s not what you like, it’s the consumer.” --Joe Dirt

Welcome to group-based play btw. Raid leader says, “You need to spec this,” and if you don’t, sorry: you just lost your raid spot.

Each Wind Arrow fired has a 3% chance to grant you 6.0 sec of Trueshot.

That’s what WRG is.

An RNG proc off TShot? No, TShot is an RNG proc off WRG. I’m wondering if there is a language barrier, because it doesn’t seem like English is your first language.

However, it’s important to look at averages. If the AVERAGE looks good, then there’s nothing to worry about. Doubtless, WRG is probably better for raid bosses as opposed to dungeon cleave.

yes as in windarrows give u rng procs of trueshot didn’t think I’d have to dumb it down.

yes but the spec still plays like crap and is a sentiment shared by a lot of people regardless of the numbers hence why I think it needs a rework.

Also mm has the highest dps standard deviation at 6.8 next highest is 5.2 with the median being around 3.5-3.6 doesn’t seem very healthy for a spec imo.

Certainly not, given that your command of English cannot be that from a country that speaks it as a primary language.

Good luck to that. Hopefully it won’t make the spec worse.

Now given this, you were just saying that it was untrue that too few bother with Marks. If plenty more Markses are making parses, then it follows that they are getting more representation, right? You may think it’s not healthy now but it’s a lot healthier than it used to be, so there’s not as much more room for improvement this time around. I think that means that after a long 6+ years MM finally got their groove back.

my brother in christ half your sentences make 0 sense lmao. Just because you didn’t understand what I meant by trueshot proc I’m somehow ESL? You truly are something else.

and given you just said this clearly you are unable to comprehend my point. I think maybe you’d understand better if you actually played DF rather than pretending to have any knowledge on the matter.

Of course it’s not going to make much sense to you. Go back to adult ed for remedial and try again.

I’m playing the DF version, which means that despite being 60 I still have ACCESS to the DF talent system, smart guy.

yet you are still clueless and had no idea what I meant by trueshot procs so idk what you are doing on your lv60 toon but its not giving you any meaningful insight clearly.