Oh well we trie

:rofl:

IRL, I honestly laughed in reflex to that. Boy howdy, I’d be permabanned if I let a computer do everything for me. LEL.

But real talk though: “garbage in, garbage out”. Make sure your precious computer isn’t giving you garbage.

*I’m so glad I chose the WPvP route as a Hunter. Because you know what, there’s things a computer cannot and shall never do. A computer can’t gank a Glad-rated Monk.

I don’t know who you are inside your head, but you are nobody to me and likely 99% of other players. I’d bet no one cares that you ganked a ton of people outside of stormwind. I know I’m not impressed with a camouflaged, double tap, aimed shot. World PvP is the least skill oriented activity I can think of. Be a legend in your own mind, the rest of us don’t care.

Edit: bro, you’ve been lurking here all day and night. Get some sleep before you wake and gank some unsuspecting people.

Starting to see why you’ve only been spouting garbage this entire thread.

It certainly isn’t can’t say the same for you tho sadly.

1 Like

Thank the stars I’m in semi-retirement, yea? If you had WM on, and if I catch you in the field somewhere, you would definitely know who I really am.

That’s cool, dude. Enjoy your Hello Kitty Island Adventure, and I will enjoy true World of WARcraft. I would have had you pegged as someone who sympathized with the mopers and whiners of WPvP. You pretty much ruined my experience, so that’s cause for me to take a personal interest in you. You took my game away. shrugs, curls lips And this is how you want to act about it?

It’s because silly and stupid computer programs cannot mold me into the success I became. And I know this is shhhhhhhhoooocking to the younguns, that computers don’t quite do everything for you in life. Some things you have to USE YOUR HANDS, and USE YOUR BRAIN. Hunter WPvP has been one of those things.

You can expect to get ganked in WM by a Marksman of my caliber. You can expect it, and that day may never come…but why take a chance, right?

truly delusional no one has heard of or cares about you in reality I’m sorry to say. I know wow is a fantasy game but you are truly living in a fantasy world in your head. Might be time to put down the forums and get that checked out.

Yeah I think you might be a dedicated troll at this point

1 Like

Not every success story is one that will bring great fame. Are you the kind of person that expects ticker tape parades whenever you accomplish something? Given the narcissistic youth, I’m not surprised to get this take from you, actually.

“Might be time to put down the forums and get that checked out.”

If we’re going to get into the real talk of this, you already don’t have a substantial life that matters. But you want to matter here. You want to be somebody here. You want friends and people to respect you…here. Because you’re probably not getting that from the outside, and is it any wonder why? That people like me who are much better adjusted in life overall can screw around and have fun like it doesn’t matter anyway?

You care about this way too much because you’re escaping and hiding from something. This isn’t the time and place to talk about it, but it bothers you that I am nothing, I come from nothing, and I mock and scorn those who think they are something here by claiming the same.

Make no mistake: I started off WoW and Hunter as a nobody, and I accomplished things somebodies never did being a nobody. I would think that being of something better IRL might have something to do with that…

I’m a self-made guy. Whether that’s trolling or not, I didn’t need anyone. I made my bones just fine without being in a guild, and the guild experience has been more detrimental to me than anything else about the game.

I’m the poster boy of what you could have chosen to be, but you instead enslave yourself to guildmates, to computers, to streamers, to whoever you shackle up for. I’m all that’s free.

Ugga bugga out here for all the hunters

4 Likes

Huh??? Firstly, lot of assumptions about me. Secondly, look in the mirror you’re pretending to be some living legend in wow and trying to flaunt it on the forums.

But you have so much time played on wow what were you doing in the real world if not glued to a screen pretending wpvp is peak accomplishment.

No I just get bored working from home sometimes.

Hard pass on that one

Well, I am a living legend. That’s what that is. I don’t expect you to grovel with the whole “We’re not worthy!” thing, because that’s the thing: I’m really just an ordinary, regular guy with a mind to work[on Hunter]. I’m not somebody who gets in with the right crowds, and go through the motions. I’m not even somebody who just wants to put a happy smiling face on in front of the camera. But great things in this game happen from the people you least expect, perhaps in SPITE, not because of, the advice and guidance of experts.

I didn’t even want Blizzard’s official recognition, although that would have been Gucci. Imagine seeing a goblin NPC called “The Jackal of Stormwind”, because he had a different name from the beginning that only a handful know.

My legacy: ganking Alliance high-value targets in the city, the place they feel safe. It’s not too much unlike the film.

The Jackal (8/10) Movie CLIP - Assassination Attempt (1997) HD - YouTube

So much time played on WoW? What, 500+ days played over how long? Almost 18 years? I definitely know I’m not the longest played by far, and a lack of certain privileges might have something to do with that.

Something about the idea that I work two jobs…yeeeeeah, something about that pesky thing. I had other projects on the side too, and other video games.

Even so, my 200 as Hunter trumps the 0-50 days of some here. Because if ANYTHING that is distinct-able, it would TAKE TIME.

That would be one of the said privileges I don’t have. One(two) of my jobs, I got to be out and about. I could imagine how much more I could do if I had such privilege.

But you know, I’m a two-jobber pleb who can’t maintain an online presence to be seen. But it was never really about being famous, being seen. When people get into fame these days, that undermines true player power. It used to be back then, you became famous if you were truly good and only because you were truly good. But nowadays everyone’s got to promote themselves, promote a brand, be an entertainer, etc…

If I wanted to be a true Hunter and practically be the best, that’s nothing a household name can do. Even with professional hackers, they don’t want to be famous(that’s somewhat antithetical). They just want to do the impossible and dominate the Interwebs.

Okay…you didn’t have to do what you did to be what you are. That’s what I’m saying. You could have gone your own way, start your own gig, and hit it off that way. Dang, you could have gotten City Attacker solo before I did, with what you had logistically in life? Sheesh. I had responsibilities that kept me back…some.

All the same, I’m here to support Hunters in all I can. That’s the end-of-the-day line. Hunters have always been the soloist choice: sometimes I think we forget that Hunters are meant for those who don’t want to mingle with groups. Aesthetically, if you’re a Hunter main, you can and should do your own thing. Anything. But people that say you have to do certain things, especially to be respected, is no bueno.

Why are people being so toxic on this thread ? The op has a fair and vaild point. I was able to read it prefectly fine. Thought it was very true and pretty funny even.

it’s a truth universally acknowledged on the hunter forums that no matter how a thread starts, when it reaches critical mass of 100 posts it will devolve into a minimum of two (sometimes more) of the following:

Doolb vs Bepples/ghorak on survival hunter
Bepples vs the world on MSV
jackalswind talking about cashmeowside, or his time ganking in stormwind
melee survival hunters complaining about bepples before he even gets here
toxiktraktor living up to the name
covlol complaining about beastmastery
someone who runs +5s lecturing everyone else about how the class is doing fine and they need to play better
someone complaining about hunters being op on a classic alt
jinday posting something irrelevant to the thread
a necro 6-12 months later by cashmeowside posting a video with 3 views because he googled his name and saw jackalswind talking about him

9 Likes

Ya but my dad can beat up your mom

…you need help.

Edit: I’ll entertain the possibility this is epic roleplay as well. If so, /bow.

1 Like

That was well summarized.

imagine what we could do if we had a unified front and championed for unique and powerful hunter utility

we should unionize

1 Like

Well, the community was pretty unified on that topic during the development stage of the expansion. Sadly, the only thing they mustered up for us was Sentinel Owl.

The greatest, most powerful utility in the game. Temporary, party wide leech :frowning: /s

No, Jackalswind. 50 days? 200 days? Nope, you’ll need at least 259 days played or your Hunter Card is revoked. :rofl:

Ah, so he finally admits the truth. I’ve always had faith in him.

This is true but I’d also note that doing this and calling it a day would be a terrible idea because having a Hunter spec being melee by default is a terrible idea, regardless of which spec it is. Such a melee style for BM should be a talented option; not the baseline state of the spec.

Yes the idea that there was a serious problem with MM and ranged SV overlap was a made-up issue. It wasn’t a problem. Only clueless newer developers thought it was a problem. They thought many other stupid things, too. That’s what led to most of the infamous design mistakes that plagued the last few expansions.

This “better identity” has caused it to become a pariah that most people avoid. So maybe it’s only far better in the minds of a fringe niche of particularly melee-obsessed people.

I have to wonder what cohesive identity puts bombs and pet-based attacks in the same toolkit.

It’s not irrelevant. In all of WoW’s formative and most successful years, SV was a successful ranged spec. Even since becoming melee, it exists in an otherwise thoroughly ranged class and has to make awkward compromises to make the slightest bit of sense. The ranged pressure and influence is always there, even when SV will have been melee longer than it’s been ranged. Which is still 4 years away, by the way, despite revisionist claims to the contrary.

Yes, actually, that’s far more unique and visually interesting than yet another toolkit of physical melee. Physical melee has been well and truly explored by several specs in the game already. I know it might not seem like enough to someone obsessed with melee combat, but there’s already a long list of specs that focus on primarily physical melee attacks. Like I said, there is nothing thematically preventing Butchery for being a Warrior ability. Whereas Wildfire Bomb is closely tied to the utilitarian munitioneer nature of a Hunter.

Yes it’s something that ideally would be kept in a hypothetical ranged Survival. It could even stand in for Explosive Shot.

No because Rogues don’t use ranged weapons like Hunters do. They only have one attack that uses one in animation only. They don’t equip them or have a full toolkit of abilities using them. Concepts like Explosive Shot and Serpent Sting are intrinsically Hunter-specific.

Wow it performs better yet still Hunters avoid it and play MM instead. And we’re to believe MM is the one in a worse state?

It doesn’t have to be fully mobile, and typically when people think of the depth of gameplay it could provide they think of spread cleave and dots. Sure would have done Hunters better these past few years than a melee option.

Looking forward to another 7 years of SV being abandoned and the few remaining fanatics complaining all the time that they don’t get preferential treatment enough.

Believe it or not doing a bit less DPS would be more tolerable to most Hunters than not being ranged, by virtue of common sense.

I would sure love to hear the mental gymnastics again on how limiting SV to melee as opposed to the rest of the class that’s still ranged somehow gives SV appeal and benefit that would be lost if SV were ranged. I’ve heard it a lot but it’s different for every SV Hunter.

2004 to 2016.

Check the link. His guild’s mythic logs are private so what shows up to the public on his character’s page is heroic logs, and on several bosses he has 99th percentile parses. Which means on those bosses he did better than 99% of MM Hunters.

Because in mythic attempts are often messy. Especially on progression. You don’t always get the opportunity to perform optimally, and bosses can die a lot more slowly when things don’t go perfectly well.

This is one of those areas where your lack of experience betrays you. You would know these things if you actually engaged in the content but you haven’t. It shouldn’t need to be said, but it’s not enough to stick to strictly non-competitive content and say “oh the competitive content is easy anyway, I can’t be bothered”. It’s like people in real life declaring significant achievements like writing a thesis, creating an application, starting a company, etc. to be “easy” without having done them. It’s easy to say without having engaged in those activities and seeing the level of complexity and nuance, and the amount of work required to get it right. Classic Dunning-Kreuger.

This is a weird thing to bring up, but if it makes you feel better I have a Bachelor of Science. Not from some “diploma mill” but from the University of Sydney.

If I’m going to get as weirdly pedantic about people’s education as you’re being, I could say that you mustn’t have a science degree or anything adjacent because you don’t seem to understand basic parts of the scientific method. For example, controlled variables: you can’t make extrapolations about level 70 Hunter performance based on testing against a level 60 Hunter. There are too many variables that are different, and any one of those can influence the results you’re seeing. You can only have one independent variable at a time.

I’m sorry, did I ever argue or give the impression that SV is a ranged spec? Do you know what’s the tense of “is”?

The contention has always been what SV was, particularly in classic WoW (because I correctly identify SV as a ranged spec in that era while you incorrectly say it was melee), as well as what SV should be.

Why so serious?

And who exactly do you think you are to determine what Survival should or should not be? I do value your opinion, however.