Oh no, a collector's edition mount! TBC is ruined!

Ah, that’s actually not true. I did indeed buy a level 100 character boost, during WoD, previous to the Legion pre-patch. I just checked my transaction history, and June 5th, 2016 is earlier than July 19th, 2016.

Interesting to know.

I want to say that was a one time thing with pre purchase of legion.

1 Like

It was separate from the Legion pre-purchase boost.

Just another unnecessary cash grab that no one asked for.

2 Likes

They might have upped it to max level during WoD just because of how badly WoD was tanking. In general it’s been to minimum level for the current expansion though.

That’s very possible! I’m also not sure how long prior to my purchasing a max-level boost it had been available. The pre-patch did come out about 6 weeks later.

I distinctly remember, because I was learning hunter, because one of my arena partners mained a hunter, and it took me quite a while to really appreciate Survival, which eventually became my favorite hunter arena spec, and I was disappointed when it changed so much in the pre-patch.

No point in buying this mount if you’re a Druid, because instant-cast flightform > all other possible mounts

No point in buying this mount if you’re a Belfadin, because the hippogryph mount > all other possible mounts

ironically, I’ll be playing a Druid and a Belfadin, so I guess I’ll buy the C.E. mount.

It’s a ground mount anyways, which means it’s solely for leveling or cosmetics for all classes.

Oh boy I’m all for it, mount, boost, character transfer. YEPS

I’m glad I’ll be gone before I have to see the threads with this exact same title, but with other awful features instead. Like “Oh no, Gold Tokens! Wrath is ruined!” and so on. Just the smol muscles trying to normalize bad features. Meanwhile, real big musclies recognize how bad it is.

3 Likes

I don’t think a ground mount is that game breaking all things considered especially with the TBC mount price changes. It’s not like its a flying mount like the sparkle pony in WotLK.

I think it’s Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

2 Likes

It is just another hill to plant the Faux Outrage flag on!

I thought the boost in retail was max level. I was wrong, and I apologize.

I haven’t played retail much since Cata because it’s so bad, and all the boosts that have ever been given to my account are all still sitting there unused, because I would never be caught dead using a boost, free or not. Boosts are trash.

Anyway, delete the words “max level” in my post and it doesn’t change or lessen my argument. Slippery slopes are very real. Trends are very real. If you deny that then you’re just ignorant of the history or being disingenuous, probably the latter.

1 Like

It’s really no wonder the mmo genre has become as corrupt as it has.

3 Likes

We’ve seen seen what “all sorts of other crap” is. It’s not max level boosts, it’s not end game gear. At most it’s a few more mounts and pets.

No, it wasn’t. There were Nether Drakes, Talbuks, Holiday mounts, Engineering mounts and Nether Rays all being handed out like candy

3 Likes

No, it wasn’t. There were dozens of mounts available. If I’m not mistaken, I dinged the 100 mount achievement when the WotLK prepatch was loaded

Ah yes nether drakes the original sparkly flyers :slight_smile:

Still have a couple in my random fav mounts in retail.

If I could buy a sparkly mount through my TBC garrison, that would be so convenient.

2 Likes