Oh no, a collector's edition mount! TBC is ruined!

People just love making mountains of molehills, don’t they?

It’s a vanity mount. With no impact on gameplay. And nobody is forcing you to buy it.

Calm down.

31 Likes

Ngl I’m somewhere in the middle for this one.

Is it the end of tbc? No it’s not, this one specific thing I really do not care about.

But it does sort of suck seeing something like this in tbc. But that’s about it, I’ll see it, I’ll go “pfft that’s dumb” and then move on.

But I will say, for me specifically, if they add something like transmog to wotlk or wow tokens, I might be pretty upset.

But that doesn’t mean I’m going to get angry at this specific change just because I dislike another different possible change.

6 Likes

‘sPiRiT of ClaSsiC’

4 Likes

People have been doomsaying since before words were even thought up. No matter where you go will always be those that think its end of time. This mount and toys affect nothing game related and Blizz has yet to add anything that truly affects gameplay. Could argue tokens but again doesnt harm as gold is already easy to make.

Personally gonna order it soon as it comes up. Probably wont use mount much but still cool to have. I just hope the dark portal toy is in TBC classic. Adds an awesome affect to hearthstone.

2 Likes

Outrage!! TBC will be an epic failure now!!
Raaaaaaaaaagee!!!

Did I do that right?

3 Likes

Yay! Targets to camp until they log off.

17 Likes

Yes because buying a level boost doesn’t affect gameplay /s

6 Likes

TBC is game where everyone rode around on Gryphons, and having something other than gryphons and wyverns, was a great achievement. Adding a store mount doesn’t make the game better, it’s a greedy money grabbing move, nothing less than that.

41 Likes

The boost is worse than the collectors edition. We’ve had collector’s editions for every version of the game. TBC originally had a collector’s edition too, even if it didn’t include a mount at the time.

Though personally I wont be buying either.

Don’t you see that this diminishes the accomplishments of people who EARN rare mounts in game? Back in the day cool mounts were reserved for those who earned it by doing something in game. This only serves to increase general apathy toward the game.

29 Likes

I got 16 store mounts on retail, transmogs too.

They don’t belong in TBC though, retail has 500+ mounts, so it doesn’t matter. But in TBC, mount is status, an achievement.

19 Likes

I’m so angry I’m going to unsubscribe in six years!

Couchy

14 Likes

It doesnt one bit… lets see a level 58 boosted character go into Kara… oh wait they cant even enter… The boost just allows people to skip classic content and jump into TBC content quicker… those 58 levels dont do nothing for anyone. Player is either good or their bad. And if you really want to go there could easily show how skipping levels actually better for new players. If they started at 70 would have all abilities so their not just stuck with low level crap abilities that 8 times out of 10 arent used at 70.

3 Likes

I care far more about the lack of communication regarding tbc and prepatch. The purely aesthetic store mount should be the last of peoples worries. Especially in comparison to a 58 boost lol.

3 Likes

You really can’t beat smart into stupid. Like oil and water, they don’t mix.
:woman_cook:t4:

1 Like

“skip classic content” in “TBC classic” :thinking::clown_face::earth_americas:

7 Likes

From a purely new player experience standpoint, handing them all the abilities at once is actually a negative. Not that a player couldn’t figure it out but showing a new player a ton of options at once has a habit of overloading some players.

You’re actually better off giving them the abilities slowly and letting them play around with each before unlocking the next, determining for themselves which ones they think are useful.

Even if they say it’s primarily for new players, the boost is better suited to existing players who just want a quick alt.

4 Likes

You really said “It doesn’t affect gameplay” and “allows players to skip content” in one sentence.

15 Likes

Can I have your gold when you do?

1 Like

It’s cheesy af, but not game breaking. Now if they were to put Netherwing or the mounts that drop from TK or ZA in a cash shop, that would be something to get pi$$ed about, because it would be paying to achieve something others accomplish through gameplay.

Still, it’s more of the same trend. I expect they’ll just keep chipping away at it, adding more and more trash, until by WotLK we’ll have a full cash shop, wow token, unlimited max level boosts and all sorts of other crap, and that’s when I’ll have to find another game to play.

7 Likes