Oh no, a collector's edition mount! TBC is ruined!

Reported.

Couchy

Meh it really doesn’t tho lol. Not for tbc at least.

I don’t know what it was in the original BC, cuz I don’t like the idead of pay to gain.

If you could pay dollars to gain a mount in original BC, or if you could gain it in anyway beside playing the game, then it was wrong in the original BC and needs to change. Original BC was awesome, but wasn’t 100% flawless as you see.

1 Like

But yet this “slippery slope”, “cash shop” rubbish is getting out of hand. Every WoW expansion and also Original Vanilla WoW had a collectors edition that included a cosmetic item.

In Vanilla it was a choice of a Mini Diablo, Panda, or Zergling pet.
In TBC it was a netherwelp pet.

In TBC Classic it is a mount.

WoW has since day one offered a CE with a cosemtic item. How is this mount with TBC Classic anything new or some indication of some money grab cash shop.

It is the cosmetic item for the TBC Classic CE, nothing more nothing less and something that has been in the game since the original Vanilla Launch in 2004.

If you’re actually worried about vanity items ruining the game, you’re fighting the wrong fight. The boost discussion is ———> that way.

Pretty sure they have had max-level boosts late into expansions, starting from WoD.

Ah it’s in the “things that don’t effect me at all but I still wish to complain about it” isle.

1 Like

Maybe in the pre patch for the next expansion, never for the current expansion.

Because it happened in the past, it doesn’t mean it’s right… A good game maker learns a lesson and doesn’t repeat the mistakes…

Again, everything and everything , cosmetic or functional, you gain inside in the game after logging in should be earned inside the game after logging in. Period.

5 Likes

I don’t recall super clearly, but I do remember playing a hunter in WoD which I think* I boosted. I specifically remember learning survival for arenas, before the prepatch that made survival melee.

I could be wrong, but I think that they may have offered max-level boosts, before the pre-patch, but late into WoD. (it’s also possible that it wasn’t max-level, but for some reason I seem to think it was).

Yes. As in you get it by playing the game.

1 Like

I like to fight druids. :wink:

1 Like

Nope sorry, boosts have only been to the new minimum level for the expansion the boost is associated with. When a pre-patch goes live the boost is offered and it is only to the new minimum level.

What you recall is during pre-patch. In the expansions from WoD on, the boost became available for the 2-3 weeks of pre-patch, maybe you could if you squint real hard call that a MAX level boost, but it was only for the last 2-3 weeks of that expansion, and only opened up at pre-patch.

They might have done a promo at one which had a max level boost with prepurchase of an expansion. I want to say it might have been prepurchase of legion because of how bad WoD was tanking.

But yes the generic store boost has always been to the entry level for the current expansion, or the next expansion in pre patch.

Because it looks objectively cooler than a lot of other mounts and you get it by swiping a credit card instead of actually playing the game.

2 Likes

It improves it because my friends don’t have to put up with terrible leveling zones like vanilla wow. They can get straight to the actual good content.

And collector’s editions with a cosmetic item have always been in the game, all the way back to Vanilla.

This has ALWAYS been a part of WoW, if you spent the extra money to get the CE you got a special cosmetic item.

Why, after 17 years is this now such a major issue?

Everyone is running around screaming, “It is a change we do not like”, but it is not a change at all, WoW has always had a CE with a cosmetic item.

Nope. Definitely not, as Survival became a melee spec during pre-patch.

It is possible that I boosted to 90, and leveled to 100 on several characters, and just don’t have a clear memory of that.

The difference is that rare mounts are “cool” because they are rare and barely anyone has them

store mounts are lame because you can walk around a major city and see 50+ people with that same mount

that’s why I don’t care about store mounts: because they’re normie bait that everyone will have

a collector’s edition mount in TBC will not make Ashes of A’lar or Raven Lord any less “cool”.

“objectively cooler”
How is coolness “objectively” defined?

If you ask me, a mount is pretty crap when you can walk around Shattrath and see hundreds of people all on that same mount.

Yeah, sorry, the only time there was ever a possibility of getting a boost to max level was during 2-3 weeks of pre-patch.

It was not till the expansion went live and the new level cap went active could you purchase a boost in the shop and that boost was always to the current menimum level for the expansion.

Never in WoW’s history have you ever been able to flat out buy a max level character for the current expansion.