Oh, Just One: Danuser, You Have Turned Sylvanas Into a Mary Sue

It’s not their biggest IP but he definitely was one of the key people who ran it into the ground.

WoW is trying too hard to copy FF, but doing it wrong.

There was a time long ago when it was the other way around, but at that time, FF at least made what it copied better:

why it gotta be like this man :frowning:

Going to correct you on a few points:

This isn’t accurate. Elune says that in the wake of tragedy she sent forth a cascade of souls. She didn’t show up in time to stop or even prevent the burning of Teldrassil. She did however ensure that their souls passed on to the Shadowlands (where as had she not done that many of them would have become wisps).

She didn’t cheat in the mak’gora. Magic is not outlawed in a mak’gora, so what she did was 100% legal. She could have used that ability right at the start, ended the fight then and there and kept her position as Warchief, but instead she unleashed that spell only after she realized she had lost the respect of the Horde.

That’s debatable and different sources will actually give you conflicting information.
But generally, use of magic is seen as dishonest and frowned upon. Mak’gora is about sportsmanship and fair play.

2 Likes

You’re the one who should probably let go of the crayon. No offense, I am concerned that you are willing to let Reddit and Twitter do your thinking for you.

2 Likes

It’s adressing the fact but at the same time portraying her as a victim that we should feel bad for because her other half of the soul didn’t want it.

3 Likes

Bahamut was always one of the big “destruction bringer”, even before FF14. I remember him in the older games, it was somewhat known.

1 Like

Like I said before, today WoW teams are led by either people with no experience, or people with experience in ruining games.

That is no news. :laughing:

1 Like

No actually it won’t.

The only ‘source’ that states that magic is forbidden is the Warcraft Movie which is non-canon. Every other source either doesn’t mention magic, or shows it being used without anyone calling out the other for being a cheat.

The Cairne and Garrosh fight doesn’t even forbid magic, it states that they use traditional rules, which is no armor, one weapon, that the weapon may be blessed by an elder or shaman and that the fight is to the death.

There is only one hard set rule in a mak’gora, only one, and that rule is that if you drop your weapon you may not pick it back up and you must fight with your bare hands for the rest of the battle.

That is incorrect.

The rules clearly state, since Warcraft RTS that you can only have a blessing of a cleric.
It is not because you cant find base that there is not.

??

There are no references to the mak’gora in the RTS.

There are, in Tides of Darkness you have the tale of it told. It is further expanded on the book of the same name.

In their own game, they state that the elements abandoned Thrall because he called on them during his Mak’gora with Garrosh.

Did they recon that too and I missed it?

I can’t keep up with all these conflicting story “rules”.

2 Likes

Ah but you see, I play World of Warcraft, AND I post on the forums.

1 Like

Warcraft II doesn’t mention a mak’gora. In fact, Blackhand’s death isn’t really mentioned in Warcraft II as the first mission for the Orcs has you taking orders from Warchief Doomhammer.

The book Tides of Darkness mentions it, but that book was released in 2007, three years after World of Warcraft launched.

That is not actually stated in the game, if we are being painfully pedantic.

It does, I have the game here and I have played it a lot. You can read about, as I also have the book right here.

And since it is the case. You can check it or not, I dont care. To ignore with “Ya”.

-shrug-

No skin off my back.

End of the day, there is no rule against the use of magic in a mak’gora. That’s just a simple fact, as magic has been used in multiple mak’gora contests without any issues. It’s only been declared as cheating in the movie.

• A popular misconception among the fanbase is that Thrall cheated in his final mak’gora against Garrosh when he used elemental magic. However, there has never been any rule forbidding the use of magic and spells. Moreover, there is a precedent for the use of magic in mak’gora, as both Shagara and Ashra made extensive use of it during their mak’gora. Thrall had also already used magic in the first mak’gora between him and Garrosh, by throwing lightning bolts.
  • Another popular misconception is that Thrall became a weaker shaman as a result of killing Garrosh with elemental magic. In reality, it was his tremendous guilt, self-doubt and internal struggle that were the reason for him not hearing the elements anymore.[26]
1 Like