Ogre playable race

I’d love to see an Ogre Shaman. Maybe one day.
what happened with our lord Rickflairwoo FeelsBadMan
I 100% support Ogres for Horde. They were part of the original Warcraft game.

To be honest I can not to this day figure out how Ogres and High Elves have not been made a playable race for the Horde and Alliance respectively. They have been around [both in-game(WoW) and in other Warcraft games] longer than any of the other non original WoW races.

Blizzard give us these iconic allied races that have stronger ties to their factions than any of the other allied races to date.
Agreed, Aresia.

The game almost feels incomplete without those two races.
the new Rexxar gives us hope this will happen.

https://youtu.be/F9TNeTuRot8

But it might mean they are going to do Mok'Nathal instead of Ogres...
I'd personally love Ogres. I can get why they wouldn't be for everyone but lets hope we can get ogres and everyone else can get the races they want! I'd play an Ogre in a heartbeat!
04/21/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Drede
the new Rexxar gives us hope this will happen.

https://youtu.be/F9TNeTuRot8

But it might mean they are going to do Mok'Nathal instead of Ogres...

I saw this too! I'm hoping he brings the Stonemaul Ogres into the fold. That would rightly be awesome. I'm not the hugest fan of Mok'Nathal over Ogres but that would be equally awesome for the folks who want them!
BRING OGRES
I really think storywise, this would be the ideal time to create a third faction. Sylvanas could be ousted as Warchief, and is forced to flee. She then creates her own horde, like she did back in WC3. You could add murlocs, ogres, banshees, and have a choice of Undead who are still loyal to her.
some people want to play horde, but not any of the horde races

what
11/05/2018 03:55 AMPosted by Trollapse
some people want to play horde, but not any of the horde races

what

Some people just don't like the more savage and primal appearances of the Horde races. Just comes down to taste.

Also stop, you're making me miss Rickflairwoo. He was our biggest over advocate and I'm afraid he has left us.
I'm still waiting for them :( they should have been here a looooooooong time ago.
Unfortunately, I don't see ogres becoming playable ever. I feel like their last chance was in Cataclysm, where goblins ultimately beat them out for the Horde's new playable race in that expansion.

They don't have much in the way of variety, their animations are outdated, by and large their equipment rigging doesn't work, and they have no female model. It would cost too much time and resources to bring them up to speed, and to be frank, all that effort would be for nothing since, comparatively speaking, almost no one would play them.
11/05/2018 04:20 AMPosted by Muyfeagrande
all that effort would be for nothing since, comparatively speaking, almost no one would play them.

That's the sad part. As much as I love and want Ogres, I know they aren't really popular enough to be brought to fruition.

I don't know though, the Ogres brought in through the Mag'Har questline gave me hope. It's probably not going to happen, but I'll always be hopin'.
Blizzard said they would consider Allied races if they made sense in the story.

So here's a story suggestion.

Ogres see Horde smash Alliance.
Ogres ask 'why Ogres not smash Alliance?'
Ogres smash Alliance.
Horde is grateful.
Ogres and Horde have a party.

Make it happen, Blizzard.
11/05/2018 04:27 AMPosted by Nindraine
Ogres see Horde smash Alliance.
Ogres ask 'why Ogres not smash Alliance?'
Ogres smash Alliance.
Horde is grateful.
Ogres and Horde have a party.

See guys? It's perfect. I swear, the moment Blizzard lays eyes on this is the moment Ogres go into development.
11/05/2018 04:25 AMPosted by Targosh
11/05/2018 04:20 AMPosted by Muyfeagrande
all that effort would be for nothing since, comparatively speaking, almost no one would play them.

That's the sad part. As much as I love and want Ogres, I know they aren't really popular enough to be brought to fruition.

I don't know though, the Ogres brought in through the Mag'Har questline gave me hope. It's probably not going to happen, but I'll always be hopin'.

I along with everyone I know would love to play an ogre. They are definitely in demand. They have always been in demand.
Anarchy WoW is going to beat blizzard to this (I mean tech they already have back in the days when the Private servers were up, but looks like they plan to bring those servers back up again sometime in winter) crazy how "fans" with private servers will go out of there way to make it possible but not the actual company who owns the game. I <3 blizz btw no hate at all on their part or decisions. Just saying crazy that if they do end up doing it (because i mean it could just be a lie as well and never actually happen) they may have people going over there just to play ogres. I know i'm one of them, the idea they have so far seems pretty nice, good models, entire starting zone for them, quests etc. If they pull that off i'd def play. i'd still stick to obv WoW as well but i've been wanting to play as ogres as well since day one, i don't have a single horde character (serious one anyways, i have like a low lvl tauren i use to just mess around and fish with when i'm bored :p) because i've just been waiting for the day they add ogres. Then i'll join the horde and that would most likely be my perm/main character.

just like all the allied races, start them at 20, give them their own starting zone, quests etc. n i'd 100% go back, hell i'd play them starting at lvl 1 and do literally everything all over again. wouldn't bother me, because since this game came out, way back in 2004, that's literally all i've wanted to do. Play as an ogre <3
I am all in for adding the classic races in warcraft 2 has playable races. That being

Horde: Ogres and Forest trolls(Revantusk Tribe)

Alliance:High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves
I hope it NEVER happens