Ogre playable race

Ogres would be cool. They would have fire resistance and stuff. And they belong in the Horde. If goblins returned to the faction of the nitty and gritty, Ogres would fit right in as well. Ogres was a Horde unit in the RTS games.
no. they arent very bright , huge and clumsy.. Id rather play an actual turtle than to see these become a playable race
12/13/2017 11:08 PMPosted by Dæmonjesùs
no. they arent very bright , huge and clumsy.. Id rather play an actual turtle than to see these become a playable race
That was the old ogres. Or, the new ogres, via retcon. Gorian ogres are a proud race of Roman inspired sorcerers.
12/13/2017 01:17 PMPosted by Kybeorie
They'd have to be shrunk to Tauren size, having similar problems that Tauren have.

so you talk about the problem, give the solution and still complaint, for what?

ogres are small than taurens in lore, they WILL be shrunk to tauren size. If tauren have "problems" and are playable, why the heck ogres can't?

12/13/2017 01:17 PMPosted by Kybeorie
an someone in Boomkin form try to go in that inn, by the AH near the Bank, in Stormwind?

probably yes, but you know, horde ogres would not care too much to enter a in on stormwind.

And come on, head clipping through a door is not a game breaking thing, you guys can live with that
ogres are small than taurens in lore, they WILL be shrunk to tauren size. If tauren have "problems" and are playable, why the heck ogres can't?

I'll try one more time.

Generic Tauren were never represented in the game as always being gigantic monsters, Ogres WERE. Hardly anybody knew tauren were supposed to be huge. I've played WoW for 13 years and had no idea until I looked it up for this thread.

But EVERYONE knows ogres are supposed to be huge because they are almost all huge IN GAME. So shrinking them is going to be immersion breaking. Prior lore is less relevant here than the in game design.
I wouldn't expect to ever see playable ogres. Tauren already have enough trouble fitting through doors, and their models are scaled down from how big they should be. That's not to mention that we still have not seen a female ogre in the game.
12/14/2017 12:59 AMPosted by Gigabear
Generic Tauren were never represented in the game as always being gigantic monsters, Ogres WERE.

who cares? worgens are always represented a mindless beasts, now they are playable, Draeneis are represented as the broken, twist little guys in outland, now look at the playable. ( where is the immersion break?)

Ogres were represented as a race who can be in any shape of size, there are gigantic ogres and small ogres, all across azeroth and WoD only reforce this, if you play the expansion you will see there are small ogres, there is one who even is a rogue

12/14/2017 12:59 AMPosted by Gigabear
But EVERYONE knows ogres are supposed to be huge because they are almost all huge IN GAME. So shrinking them is going to be immersion breaking. Prior lore is less relevant here than the in game design.

well not everyone, if not we are not having this converse.

Almost all is not All, Lore is made for background on gameplay, if the lore says so, they can do it, like they did before.

Shrink then down will not be immersion breaking when the lore and ingame supports, wtf, ignorance about the game is not immersion.

do you even know what is a retcon? i bet people will claim that Tauren paladin and night elf mage are damn more immersion breaking, and they still exist.
12/14/2017 01:09 AMPosted by Syegfryed
Shrink then down will not be immersion breaking when the lore and ingame supports

In game does not support this at all though. The VAST MAJORITY, if not all, ogres are enormous.

If they shrink them, WHAT IS THE POINT of having ogres in the first place? That's like, their primary attribute.

What's next, thin pandaren because their bellies were too big?
12/14/2017 01:20 AMPosted by Gigabear
In game does not support this at all though. The VAST MAJORITY, if not all, ogres are enormous.

again, majority is not everyone, it was already said there are small ogres in some clans
If they shrink them, WHAT IS THE POINT of having ogres in the first place? That's like, their primary attribute.

Ogres will be bigger and taller than everyone else, and the same size of a tauren, this is perfectly fine. Big as a house is not the primary atribute, you are forgetting appearance, features, design, culture of a new race bring.

What's next, thin pandaren because their bellies were too big?

its a bad comparison, since the Lore support small ogres but not thin pandarens

"oh but i never seen one" again, this is your fault, your ignorance about the game, just because you don't know about this not mean it don't exist. Read about the worgens and Draeneis and about retcons, and you will se ti will be totally fine
Big as a house is not the primary atribute

It is for me.

12/14/2017 02:06 AMPosted by Syegfryed
"oh but i never seen one" again, this is your fault, your ignorance about the game,

I'm not ignorant about the game, because tiny ogres don't really exist in the game, only outside of it. I'm also not ignorant about the rest of the lore, I just recognize that it has been PREEMPTED by the actual design of WoW which affirms ogres in this continuity are, in fact, GIGANTIC.

As an example, If the lore said Stormwind doesn't have a harbor, and we all know in game it does, THEN STORMWIND HAS A HARBOR in WoW, regdardless of what lore says. What is in game takes precedence over what the lore says should be in game in player's minds.

If Blizz implements ogres then they better be the size of a house, or it's just WRONG.
12/14/2017 05:09 AMPosted by Gigabear

It is for me.

ok... blizzard will not do a playable race, because will hurt your fellings....

ask about Alliance players who want the elves how they fell in TBC

I'm not ignorant about the game, because tiny ogres don't really exist in the game, only outside of it.

oh boy you are wrong, meet Gregg ->
https://i.imgur.com/BgxAQ8h.jpg ( as you can see not big as house, tauren size, perfectly fine)
im also will go to loch modan and take pic of some ogres there, but not now

Then again, just because it not ingame, this did not mean it don't exist.

As an example, If the lore said Stormwind doesn't have a harbor, and we all know in game it does, THEN STORMWIND HAS A HARBOR in WoW

this is just not how it work

If Blizz implements ogres then they better be the size of a house, or it's just WRONG.

again you are being ignorant about the subject, im gonna say again the exemple of Draeneis

This is what a draenei before TBC look like ->
http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/705/705785/draenei-2_1147135635.jpg

By your poor logic, if blizzard want to make then playable it should be like this, or haha, its just "wrong"

but see what we get -> http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2014/april/STHVLQLWAUH01395689693094.jpg

So, no, just because some of ogres are big, this don't mean they have to make the playable gigantic, if the lore supports, cause you know, they make things based on lore, and put ingame
I've been wondering why they havent put Ogres in the game for a long time... They were a core part of the Horde when it invaded Azeroth and there are still many Ogres loyal to the Horde.
Needless to say if Ogres got added to the Horde I would scream "take muh moneh!" and faction change a couple toons =P
12/14/2017 05:38 AMPosted by Syegfryed

It is for me.

ok... blizzard will not do a playable race, because will hurt your fellings....

ask about Alliance players who want the elves how they fell in TBC

I'm not ignorant about the game, because tiny ogres don't really exist in the game, only outside of it.

oh boy you are wrong, meet Gregg ->
https://i.imgur.com/BgxAQ8h.jpg ( as you can see not big as house, tauren size, perfectly fine)
im also will go to loch modan and take pic of some ogres there, but not now

Then again, just because it not ingame, this did not mean it don't exist.

As an example, If the lore said Stormwind doesn't have a harbor, and we all know in game it does, THEN STORMWIND HAS A HARBOR in WoW

this is just not how it work

again you are being ignorant about the subject, im gonna say again the exemple of Draeneis

This is what a draenei before TBC look like ->
http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/705/705785/draenei-2_1147135635.jpg

By your poor logic, if blizzard want to make then playable it should be like this, or haha, its just "wrong"

but see what we get -> http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2014/april/STHVLQLWAUH01395689693094.jpg

So, no, just because some of ogres are big, this don't mean they have to make the playable gigantic, if the lore supports, cause you know, they make things based on lore, and put ingame

I like you. To further back your point with ogre lore, they also get bigger the older they become. Unless they retconned that haha
I know that as a proud horde player you want ogres to finally rejoin the horde, but how about I give you some night elves instead.

-Blizzard
Ogres would make a great playable race.

They would make a terrible allied race.

The entire point of allied races is that minimal effort is required to implement them. Ogres require brand new models to use armor with, brand new female models, enhanced animations, and so on.

Void elves, or Dark Iron dwarves, for instance, just require a reskin and some new hairstyles... (and will probably be played quite a bit more.)

High elves are never going to happen, though. Ogres might happen someday. But it won't be in Battle for Azeroth.
Blizzard will continue to add elves, I still wish belves had gone too alliance and horde got the broken which would have made way more sense but TBC was all about that retcon.

Ideally they would have still given horde cool races like goblins and ogres, and the alliance could have all the elves, like all of them, nelfs, belfs, velfs,nightborne, and any other slight variation on legolas blizzard decides to use.

The horde never recovered from the ally rerolls in TBC, rip old horde, you are missed.
12/14/2017 06:41 AMPosted by Berid
I know that as a proud horde player you want ogres to finally rejoin the horde, but how about I give you some night elves instead.

-Blizzard

yeah but... you know what.. i mean..

never mind, is sad as !@#$

12/14/2017 06:53 AMPosted by Nalliah
Ogres would make a great playable race.

They would make a terrible allied race.

The entire point of allied races is that minimal effort is required to implement them. Ogres require brand new models to use armor with, brand new female models, enhanced animations, and so on.

its not like what it seems, i far as know, every playable race have the same skeleton, so they just need a base model.

All the allied races, needed a new model to use armor and itens cause they could not before, and since they are giving then new animations and voices, is not that easy, or "minimal effort"

Ion already said the Allied races are New races, not sub-races, o reskins, and could e everything they want if make sense inlore. BTW ogre female is not a problem, or too hard to do, they can just follow the same idea of trolls and orcs.
Why not just please the masses? High-void ogre. And is only horde and they put a blonde wig on with blue contacts some plastic pointy ears!
12/14/2017 06:41 AMPosted by Berid

-Blizzard

That cracked me right up haha. Sounds very similar to Blizzard's public announcement of Alliance are getting high elves, except they glow purple/blue.

12/14/2017 06:53 AMPosted by Nalliah
Ogres require brand new models to use armor with, brand new female models, enhanced animations, and so on.

You're only patrially right. They got brand new models in WoD, updated alongside all the playable races. However, they DO need to make a female model/skeleton/animations/etc, and they do need to make the armour textures fit the current ogre model. But no, they already got an updated model that's in use in game.
12/14/2017 08:37 AMPosted by Lonwang
You're only patrially right. They got brand new models in WoD, updated alongside all the playable races. However, they DO need to make a female model/skeleton/animations/etc, and they do need to make the armour textures fit the current ogre model. But no, they already got an updated model that's in use in game.

i saw a post in other forum who confirm every race have the same skeleton, modeling to the model of the race. Make a new model is not that hard, blizz do all the time