Ogre playable race

Ogres already playable.

They’re called moonkin. You’re not getting a reskin of an existing skeleton.
I think it would be awesome to kill some ogres...

That being said, ogres are pretty awesome, so hopefully alliance will get something pretty cool too.
12/12/2017 12:05 PMPosted by Pryde
Void Ogres.

Nah. Void Ogres would actually make sense. If they came from Highmaul and got infected by the Pale or something.

It would have to be something stupid like Lightforged Orges. Mecha-Orges. Pygmy Ogronn.
12/12/2017 06:19 PMPosted by Malorum
I think the ship on playable Ogres sailed around Alpha. When they never went through with them, they built the game around PCs being a certain size.

do you guy at least read other comments before post? come on, it is stated in lore that taurens are bigger than Ogres, size is not a problem, never was

12/12/2017 06:32 PMPosted by Pryde
They are awaiting to release them with High Elves!

only if we get blood ogres and void ogres before
12/12/2017 12:04 PMPosted by Hargruo
I think ogre's would make a good neutral race. Let em pick a faction like panda's do.
Why?
Playable Valkyr when? I want to be a valkyrie of light or of the undead, damn it.
12/12/2017 12:02 PMPosted by Frostscythe
inb4 Orges one day get added and Alliance cry Horde bias because they got Void Elves.
I am fairly certain that Alliance would not be doing any crying if Horde got those very ugly things added.
They're horrid to look at. I can't see anyway to make them look appealing at all.

Human nature is we go for the most visually appealing - that's why you see the same Undead Fem faces, and Orc Fem faces, and Troll Fem faces.
People don't want to play 'ugly'. They want to look good.

That's why the most played races in WoW are Blood Elves, Draenai, Night Elves and Humans. They're considered by the vast majority as the attractive races. The numbers don't lie.

So, even though a few people ask for Ogres, I truly believe if Blizzard wasted their time and resources on it, it would be a total flop. It would have been time, and money better spent elsewhere.

And I'm sorry that I feel this way knowing that there are a few people that would love them. I don't think 'a few', or heck, even 5000 people wanting them would be enough to justify creating them for character models. Even though Ogres exist in WoW, for them to become playable models, a lot of work would be required.
Ogres are a big part of World of Warcraft

Emphasis mine. I'd like playable ogres, but Blizz would probably shrink them to normal player proportions and kill it for me.

do you guy at least read other comments before post? come on, it is stated in lore that taurens are bigger than Ogres, size is not a problem, never was

The actual design of WoW directly contradicts whatever lore there is on the matter, and takes precedence.
12/13/2017 02:51 AMPosted by Vivienas
Playable Valkyr when? I want to be a valkyrie of light or of the undead, damn it.

the angel-like creatures? obviously never, the vrykul woman? probably

12/13/2017 02:53 AMPosted by Gigabear
The actual design of WoW directly contradicts whatever lore there is on the matter, and takes precedence.

yeah and? it just to ilustrate how stupid is the idea of "ogres will never be playable because they are too big", thats a lie, ogres are small than taurens, if taurens are shrink to normal proportions to be playable, they can do it with ogres without problem.
I don't get how the "Ogres are too dumb to be playable" is even a viable argument. There's always a dumb race in most other MMOs. Hell, way before WoW Ogres and Trolls (both really low IQs) were in Everquest! SINCE LAUNCH!

It's absolutely no excuse at all.

As for them being too big. There's Ogres that are super big yes, but there's some over at Loch Modan that are the damn height of humans. So it won't be far fetched having ogres the size of Tauren or few inches taller or so.

To further point out the flaw of this argument from Blizzard, there's other MMOs where there's races that tower over humans as well. Again with Everquest, Trolls are twice the damn size of a human and Ogres are even bigger than the Trolls! In Guild Wars 2, I could make my Norn be so tall that humans didn't reach my belly button! On the sci-fi side, we got the Granok that have humans only come up to their stomach.

So again, no excuse Blizzard.
People (including me) have been begging for playable ogres since this game opened.

Damn I'd make a big mean 2-headed female Ogre warrior with pigtails and a mohawk (cause 2 personalities, one is the good cop the other is the bad cop) the SECOND it became available. Only thing that could make it even more perfect is if I could name her Mary/Wary, with the slash.

*sigh*

However, for some reason Blizz thinks you can't have really obese player characters in the game. They probably think people would use the characters to promote harassment or something. You can have fat pandas because pandas are cute, not huge meat juggernauts like Ogres.

Which is sad, Ogres are amazing.
12/13/2017 03:20 AMPosted by Syegfryed
yeah and? it just to ilustrate how stupid is the idea of "ogres will never be playable because they are too big", thats a lie, ogres are small than taurens, if taurens are shrink to normal proportions to be playable, they can do it with ogres without problem.

I wasn't aware that tauren had been shrunk, however this goes to my point. That was done BEFORE WoW launched, so there is no precedent ingame for their size to be any larger. There is a LOT of precedent for ogres being way bigger than players though.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to implement a race that's twice as big as everyone else. I just never expect to see it.

Edit: I checked he lore. Indeed tauren are supposed to be like ten and a half feet tall. My condolences to their entire race for this travesty of shrinking them, even if their mounts are stupidly big still.
12/13/2017 03:56 AMPosted by Gigabear
I wasn't aware that tauren had been shrunk, however this goes to my point. That was done BEFORE WoW launched, so there is no precedent ingame for their size to be any larger. There is a LOT of precedent for ogres being way bigger than players though.

you don't talk with sense dude. every non-playable npc is bigger than the playable chaacters.

There is no need of precedents ingame for their size to be any larger, in fact, the taurens npcs are way bigger than us, Go look for Baine.

There is no need of precedents of ogres being smaller if the lore says so, but if you need one, there is a tribe of ogres in Loch Modan who is the size of humans, already talked in this thread, so, again, there is no problem
12/13/2017 04:22 AMPosted by Syegfryed
every non-playable npc is bigger than the playable chaacters.

there is a tribe of ogres in Loch Modan who is the size of humans,

you don't talk with sense dude.
12/13/2017 04:31 AMPosted by Gigabear
every non-playable npc is bigger than the playable chaacters.

there is a tribe of ogres in Loch Modan who is the size of humans,

you don't talk with sense dude.

??????????

the tribe in loch modan is the size o humans npc, not the playable ones LUL
I honestly don't think size is an issue.

I want bigger Ogres sure, but the idea of them and doorways confound people.

Like their head clipping through a door would be the worst thing ever.

Not like clipping has existed in this game forever. Weapons, beards, we walk through each other.

BUT NO! Doorways are where we draw the line guys!
12/13/2017 05:12 AMPosted by Rickflairwoo
I honestly don't think size is an issue.

I want bigger Ogres sure, but the idea of them and doorways confound people.

Like their head clipping through a door would be the worst thing ever.

Not like clipping has existed in this game forever. Weapons, beards, we walk through each other.

BUT NO! Doorways are where we draw the line guys!

Half of my body is poking through most buildings, and that's without even trying.

Blizzard wouldn't deny big ogres to us for a good reason. They will do it because they seem to suffer from an acute case of mass megalophobia.
Man, if they added Ogres, especially the two-headed variety for warlocks and magi, I'd race-change so fast, I'd crash the Blizzard Store server.
1 Like
12/12/2017 11:54 AMPosted by Furyeon
Ogres are a big part of World of Warcraft they already have the model for it. Are the highmaul ogres just going to sit around or will they join the fight? Please make ogres a playable race.

No, because they are a "Too Big" part of the World of Warcraft.

They'd have to be shrunk to Tauren size, having similar problems that Tauren have. They could be no taller, since Tauren have had size problems. They'd have to be Horde only, for the same reason.

People mention Boomkin, having the ogre "skeleton" evidently, but my guess is you can turn Boomkin off? Can someone in Boomkin form try to go in that inn, by the AH near the Bank, in Stormwind?

For similar reasons, you'll never see a Vrykul player race. There are so many roughly human sized races they could do instead.
I rescind my former arguments against ogres. I realize that if they added them at a proper size, they'd have to fix the doors so they can walk though them. This has been a major issue for me for several years now with banging my knees on the tops of these stupidly small doorways like the SW auctionhouse.