Ogre playable race

They are coming in 8.1 for the alliance in the guise as fat humans. The alliance is waiting for you.

1 Like

I was so disheartened that Kul’tirans have to be “plus sized” when I loved the skinny models, they’d be perfect for spellcasters, reminds be of old school D&D most wizards looked so frail and weak, but were so powerful!

worgens didn’t have a female model too, they just created one

Ogres have strong ties to the horde even tho we kill them most of the time, they’re are a group of Ogres in the horde already the Stonemaul Clan in Dustwallow Marsh they helped Thrall in warcraft 3 and they are a questing hub in current wow for the horde.

Some Ogres came with the Mag’har so maybe they can teach the Stonemaul how to do things like they did on Draenor.

+1, showing support for this long requested Race, pray one day they are playable.

I wouldn’t play one, but totally support them for those that want them of course.

1 Like

To me, it’d be better if we had the orc/ogre combination as a playable race like Rexxar. A different flavor of orc.

They really don’t have any excuse with the Kul’tiran frame already in game. Ogres have been well overdue as a race.

Considering the Arathi revamp gave the Ogres there a Draenor-like architecture cave, you can bet they don’t even need a reason, just retcon that ogres know how to do stonework. The official Chronicle lore shows ogres knowing to do such things.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

As I posted a few days ago: I think playable ogres (or mok’nathal) are possible quite soon:

I’d play an ogre in a heartbeat. Especially if choosing a spellcaster gave your character two heads.

Weren’t a majority of the ogres from WoD killed off by the lightbound?

And the remaining few were converted in the Mag’har unlock scenario no?

Here’s exactly why this will never be:
No…Female…Ogres! :frowning:

Devs never put in the work and time to design the fairer of the sex and that’s totally unfair for many of the old races. Bleh. Bleh I say!

If they end up using kun tiran model for ogres, like I mentioned in my last message, then the female would also be based on kul tiran female. I see no big problem there.

I’ve always wanted Ogres and Naga to be playable. I think they’re more creative than some of the unoriginal allied races we’ve been given. What are we going to get next expansion? Some kind of different color worgens and gnomes for horde then cleansed undead and emo goblins for the alliance?

I agree that ogres should be a playable race eventually. But they aren’t allied race material. They would require far too much work, including completely unique (and updated) models and animations.

Edit: I did not mean to bump this thread two months later. It popped up in suggested topics, and I decided to post. Sorry. Oh well.

Not really, all they would have to do is reskin Kul’tirans.

yes orgres as a race