Official: You die yet? Megathread

Saw a mage get taken out by starting are wolves
first warrior died in the first mine out of a starting zone in the forest to getting mauled my six kobloids
DELETE
second warrior was killed by three morlocs and two wolves as toon was fleeing
DELETE

Still alive on my mage

But i am not doing quests solo. I always invite others to join me in questing.

Increases our chance of survival

2 Likes

Yet some of y’all still download addons like ElvUI to make cosmetic changes and Questie or RXP so you can know where to go.

These are the cosmetic changes I was referring to.

Still alive on my Warrior. Def like Warrior better than Hunter.

1 Like

Died at 14. It was top kek. I think I’m at 16 now, but I’ve got 3 alts so I’m super prepared for my next ultimate demise.

1 Like

My mege got Princess and her friends down solo at level 14. But next time I am waiting to 15, just to be safe.

3 Likes

My mage is only 14 since I’m taking my time, but smooth sailing so far.

80 tailoring, 1.5g in the bank, ezpz frosty

1 Like

Closest I’ve come so far was due to layers. I accepted a group invite from someone while I was in a cave that I had cleared out. Got sent to his layer and all the npcs spawned around me.

1 Like

My main is a level 19 Night Elf hunter. Just got to SW last night!.

This morning, while my HC buddy was asleep, I was messing around on a Paladin alt. That alt JUST ding’d level 8. Went to the class trainer and picked up new spells and stuff.

Went to continue questing. Tried to pull a level 10 wolf since I’ve solo’d a level 10 wolf before. Didn’t realize how close a second one was, and it ended up fighting two level 10 wolves.

When it started looking bad I started running. But got slowed.

…and I died.

Afterwards, talking to a friend,

Friend: “Didn’t you just hit level 8 on that Paladin…? And learn Divine Protection…?”
Me: “…”

Y’all - I main a paladin in retail (this toon <.<) - and I just completely pulled a dumb and forgot about pally bubble >.<

I kind of deserved that death ngl

7 Likes

Rofl I treat Classic and Retail like two completely different games, so I have a different mindset for each :laughing: I get it

4 Likes

Part of the issue (I think) - on retail I have my bubble on Shift+4, where as I put my classic HC it on “=” so there is no risk of my fat fingering it.

When I looked down at my action bars, my paladin brain must have been like, “whelp, there is no option to save myself on Shift+4. GGs”

I legit most likely just got tunnel vision and froze up in the stress of the moment. :stuck_out_tongue: - at least that is what I’m going with!

2 Likes

Not yet!

MADA MADA DANE

Bubble has saved me from a few bad pills now.

I’ve been playing Paladin since TBC but I almost forgot about it too :rofl:

1 Like

Avoid anything that casts fireball….That’s what did me in.

3 Likes

many thanks for those who commented the pathway on getting from kalimdor to eastern kingdoms (and vise versa), I was so confused on how to do it! lol

I am at 17 now and haven’t died (yet). I think my plan is to finish out darkshore before making the trek to Stormwind. Really enjoying myself so far. Will definitely take the transfer to era if I do fail on her (but will continue attempting HC as my personal challenge).

1 Like

Did that trek last night on my 18 Nelf with my HC buddy who was a 19 Nelf. It was stressful >.< Track beasts, track humanoids, and taking it slow saved us. Also we went during a very populated time - so the path was being heavily traveled too. But one wrong move and oh boy, its scary.

(I ding’d 19 off of walking into IF!)

2 Likes

Just when we didn’t think Azeroth could become more dangerous it did.

Day 1 foe reaper spawned in westfall and racked up quite the death toll.

I accidentally pulled 4 murlocs near the lighthouse in westfall and barely lived with 7hp. Pucker factor set to maximum.

3 Likes

I died once at level 16 because I was getting too ambitious. I saw the pack runner coming. Him and his hyena were running through the bushes directly at me. I was busy taking care of a centaur and didn’t really want to abandon the fight since – hey, I have a void walker. I can take two more mobs… this one’s about to die.

Welp, I neglected to remember that this particular pack runner had three hyenas with him. Upon realizing this, I attempted to pick them up one by one with the voidwalker. It was taking me too long, since I didn’t have the AOE voidwalker taunt yet. Meanwhile, the voidwalker was melting, and I was half life. So I turn around and ran the other way. But the voidwalker was just gone. The pack runner immediately caught up to me with the three hyenas and they ate me alive.

F me.

But hey, now I’m 31 because WE GO AGANE!

3 Likes

I also thought hardcore was silly, the whole addon cult was gross. I ended up leaving and playing era because trying hardcore really reminded me of how much i just love classic.

Then i started with the new servers and man its really fun again. Because its fresh, everything matters, people are socializing and grouping. I love it so far.

I have not lost any toons yet but i just freshly leveled a warrior to 60 on era and i have a 53 priest on era so i know what to sort of avoid.

My priest is still alive and doing well and i started a warrior as well to level if priest gets boring. I might try and make warrior main though because already im seeing the tank shortage in looking for group.

1 Like

Warrior has got to be the toughest class for leveling HC. I salute any of them that make it to 60.

1 Like