Official: You die yet? Megathread

Havn’t died on my main yet.

Level 12 mage. Wish me luck boys.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s just a suicide button.

So, testing the waters on my level 12 Bloodsail mage, I decide to go for the Relic Quest…

I get pretty far into the cave, two relics in my pocket… and then come the shamans three of those terrible Gnarlpine meanies, healing each other faster then I can kill them, meanwhile trying to reduce my health bar to 0, the nerve!

So I freeze them up, and run out of that cave as fast as my clumsy human legs allow.

I made it out alive, but with only 3mm of life on my health bar.

Therefore, I have concluded, I am not doing this quest on HC!
(At least not until maybe level 15)

2 Likes

the undead hyperspawn in deadmines, wiped our group and there wasnt 1 person under level 20 lol lesson learned. stay away from undead section

3 Likes

I saw a 25 Mage in Darnassus the other day. Pretty sure you can get a portal.

I was pretty confident on my first attempt and then just 1 bad pull at the wrong time and DEAD! Some classes might be able to take lots of hits, but is mages get a tiny window of time to flee a mistake or it’s over.

1 Like

Yup.

If you take the boat from darkshore to wetlands then run to the other side of the dock where the other boat arrives and swim left from that dock you can make it to Westfall without dieing. The murlocs on the coast of westfall are like 10-12 so it’s good to be at least that level when you make the journey. If you jump off the end of the dock to theramore you avoid the murlocs near the sunken boat in wetlands.

1 Like

I think there’s a lot of people overestimating their ability to hit at low level and a lot of “I think it’ll be ok”. If that phrase enters my head I tell myself if it’s not ok I die so I don’t do it.

2 Likes

Not until lvl 40 for that.
Mage gets SW and IF at 40, Darn at 50 iirc.

1 Like

Yep, I’ve been following that rule myself. I was going to head to West Silverpine to go kill the spiders for the quest and saw the Son of Arugal on the road up ahead. The thought of “I think it’ll be okay if I wait like 15 seconds popped in my head” and I decided to do the opposite and avoid the area.

1 Like

Dang. Just lost my first toon I cared about. Level 7. Kobolds. I got WAY too cocky in there. Totally my fault :slight_smile:

Triddle the priest died of arrogance at level 22. Triddler the rogue will be much more cunning.

5 Likes

Haven’t died yet, almost 30

2 Likes

Yup just died to a random DC, after it taking over 60 seconds to connect back even though everything on my end was good. I came back and was dead and that was gg. Taking my lv 20 warrior to Era and that’s a wrap for me.

3 Likes

This has got to be one of the dumbest things Blizzard has ever done. But if you’re into it, knock yourselves out.

I always thought recreating Vanilla was the dumbest thing. I mean, I know there’s a community for it but I thought Blizzard would at least make QoL cosmetic changes like they did for Starcraft, Diablo and Warcraft(rts). Graphical changes, UI changes. Things like that. Mind you people use add-ons for some of these anyways.

But hey, I’m here for hardcore mode and I’ll make the best of it. :grin:

2 Likes

Murlocs you have to show respect to.

Some have wonky leashes…they will follow for miles lol. Thier aggro can be wonky at times.

And their models are so small they can blend in.

The murloc village by elwynn I was seeing one murlock graphically. I was hearing 3 hits and taking wth damage.

As I ran away (lived too) I saw there was 3 of them as the run spaced them out. Good thing I heard the 3 hits as I wasn’t seeing I had 3 friends.

1 Like

I got denmothered.

Don’t mess with coastrunners.