Official: You die yet? Megathread

19 pally, murlocs in redridge I didn’t take seriously enough. A rogue near me vanished or melded and 2 more got on me. LoH didn’t even save me as I couldn’t get out of the water quick enough. On to another class!

1 Like

two very close calls. #notgonnamakeit

2 Likes

I died on those with my 19 rogue, damn you murlocs.

3 Likes

My first real close call today.

Decided I could PROBABLY solo Hogger as an 11 rogue via thrown kiting him to death, and with bag of marbles/evasion/lesser health pot I had a good shot of succeeding. And I got him to like 75% HP doing just fine with a warlock watching me, who eventually decided to help (who I thanked by inviting him).

…what he didn’t know is right about then is when I realized I was out of thrown weapons and was likely going to have to reset…But that wasn’t really even my big close call, cause he went down very easy after I started meleeing.

While I was finishing off the armbands portion someone pulled a camp, and one guy didn’t go with so I pulled him. Then Hogger found me, and that camp reset on to me. I sprinted, evasioned, ran, and potted, but they brought me down to 3% health. I was really confident I was dead, but I somehow got clear.

6 Likes

X

Only once, on purpose.

1 Like

Don’t you need to go fall off some playground equipment?

I got that out of my system while I was a kid.

1 Like

Must have been nice.

I’m level 20, and I haven’t died yet. 1 day 3 hours 32 mins in! Taking it slow, and not being greedy.

3 Likes

My level 6 Dwarf Warrior died to the Wendigos in the cave near Kharanos when a hunter overpulled and I got caught up in it. My Human Paladin I started after that is level 7 now and in Goldshire until I can get back in game and start questing on him again.

1 Like

Finally died on my hunter because I pulled something that attacked a little faster than anticipated - which was bad, since it was 3 levels above me and I hadn’t bought any extra skills yet. Too quick to get away from in time, too.

Ah well, I was bound to do something dumb eventually. Hurts less when they’re sub-10, at least - and maybe this next time, he’ll get lucky and actually find some bags.

My warlock’s rocking full bags, while he was struggling with his inventory. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

Yes. Purposely. After watching my 3rd mining node today  disappear in front of my eyes with noone around (bots?) i ran my warrior straight into Bellygrub at lvl 16 .... the node was nicely near him. Just ridiculous. I was hoping this time they MIGHT put more effort it.  I guess not so why should I.

The realms phasing will do this. It used to happen a lot on retail back when they first started doing it. The node shows on your map because that is where is currently is, when you get to it, even a few feet away you can enter into another phase causing you to lose the node.

1 Like

Sent all my gear, money and materials to my bank toon and killed my Hunter on purpose. Played Hunter in vanilla, not sure why I thought it would be more fun for Hardcore.

Started a warrior, currently level 8. Spent most of the time not doing any quests and just killing boars and skinning for money like that South Park episode.

started my first HC character yesterday, also a druid named Lilywind (night elf). it’s slow, but honestly I’ve always actually liked the leveling process so I’m having fun with it. we’ll see how long I can convince my husband to tag along haha. currently level 12. I don’t anticipate making it to 60 on the first try but definitely looking forward to reattempts as a self challenge to get there.
on a side note I learned for first time yesterday that in classic there is no boat from darnassus/ darkshore to stormwind? so at some point I should look up how to get there. if other players are really making the ground run all the way through the barrens, to booty bay and then north through stranglethorn vale and duskwood - at level 1! - to get there (or vice versa to go from stormwind to darnassus) all I can say is wow that’s a feat of strength in itself and kudo to you guys!!

1 Like

Not yet, first toon on hardcore, first toon on classic.

I’m not exactly sure how I constantly see all these people dying

I feel like if you have your monitor on it’s pretty easy to avoid death, you have to put yourself in a silly situation to die

3 Likes

I was at the gnoll/Hogger area, and someone kept chain pulling and fearing mobs into others. First real troll I’ve seen yet, but it caused a decent amount of deaths.

2 Likes

Sw - IF - Wetlands - Auberdine - Darn.

1 Like

2 times at level 6, almost in the same spot. Pulled a rare accidentally once and then action targeting pulled a wandering kodo.

Turned off action targeting and started paying closer attention. Now at 12 with bear form and the FP to XR and ORG

2 Likes