Official: You die yet? Megathread

Das why I go herb/alchemy :joy: herbs are everywhere, so I don’t mind skipping the ones near mob packs

1 Like

Being around other players is the biggest danger imo.

2 Likes

Going agane right now with my pally :fire::fire:

2 Likes

I was a part of a mega-train starting from the back of Skull Rock. As far as I know my warlock was the only survivor at 10% health anything would have killed me. I was like Tom Cruise in War of the worlds. 10 people must have died all around me in the process including my 2 group mates. All the way to the Ocean was when I saw the last person die to a shadow bolt. I knew I was next, but I got away.

Wow, Skull Rock is a Gauntlet.

4 Likes

Still havent died…
25 paly
13 rogue
12 lock
10 warrior
6 mage
6 priest
6 druid

2 Likes

Almost 48, still alive.

Not going as fast as I’d like but also not having much free time.

Excited for ungoro

3 Likes

Pally going well so far :fire::fire:

Easy tanks, heals, overall leveling

1 Like

My mage is at 18.
Warrior at 12.

Might start a priest

2 Likes

Lost my pally last night at level 19 to Defias in Dagger Hills. Had just defeated one when a camp of 3 spawned. Was holding my own, but made the mistake of going for the heal instead of bubble heal. Got kicked and it was lights out.

1 Like

they should name the road from Menethil Harbor to Loch Modan the Path of Tears, I counted 24 dead characters on it Saturday while questing Wetlands, pretty much all lowbies dying to the gators.

2 Likes

So is mine right now currently. And I got a pally and a priest as well. May try to level up a shaman again.

1 Like

I haven’t done this in official servers yet, but it’s fun for the first 20 levels! It falls off hard dmg wise later, but you trade that off for better survivability

Def fun!

1 Like

Target Dummies are the truth. One just saved me in Stonetalon mountains. Those spider eggs spawn little guys that are easy af to kill but unknown to me they can spawn much bigger spiders and two of them both spawned one on me. Found myself fighting two equal level mobs plus two smaller ones. Tried to fight and bam had to potion, tried to sprint but got slowed, couldn’t vanish due to DoTs, down to my last option and my last target dummy. Success. Im not leaving town without a target dummy from now on.

2 Likes

Have had some dumb deaths so far… 29 shaman in Ashenvale to Raynewood guards that I forgot were there.

Also just lost my 32 hunter to South Shore thinking I could just use Feign Death on the guards but I guess they resisted.

Have rogue to 15 now. Definitely getting old doing Barrens/Stonetalon quests over

1 Like

I died at 34 on a Druid, was my own dumb fault.

Friends weren’t on, I was the highest level of us by a bit so I wanted to herb to get some gold and not get ahead. Found an Herb in STV with no enemies near it. A valuable herb.

Had 3 stealthed panthers all open me at once. I was 34, they were 38. Crushed to death in like 10 secs. Daze didn’t seem to end despite making them face my front. Big sad. My fault.

Have a Warrior up to 39 now though, was a busy weekend. We all good lol

5 Likes

My level 36 druid died in desolace today. I was fighting some skeletons and just wasn’t watching my health. I think it was for the best. The level from 30 to then was a slog of trying to find quests and slowly leveling. When I died I was watching my character but my eyes were glazed over and I didn’t even notice anything was wrong until I hit 0. Burnout is real it seems.

I’ll probably take a break from classic for a while, maybe occasionally level my level 13 warlock if I can get around to it.

1 Like

HC has been a frustrating experience for me so far. These all all my toons I’ve died on so far.

Lvl 15 NE Hunter - Died to my own stupidity. Namely pulling 3 mobs in the mushroom cave in darkshore. 2 yellow mobs, 1 orange mob. Tried to run when I realized things were going badly and ended up aggroing more stuff.

Lvl 9 NE Druid - Died due to stupid RNG. I pulled two mobs but entangling roots broke early on 1 mob then got resisted 2 more times.

Lvl 4 Gnome Warlock - Pulled two mobs in the troll cave in the starting zone.

Lvl 16 NE Druid - Died to entangling roots BS again. I was doing the aquatic form quest in darkshore. I pulled a mob 2 lvls higher than me. Got tons of crappy RNG when fighting it. I rooted it and moved away to cast a heal. Somehow the mob was still attacking me after I moved away and died.

Lvl 16 NE Hunter - Decided to go to Loch Modan since Darkshore was kicking my butt. Died in the trog area by the digsite in the SE corner of the zone due to hyperspawns overwhelming me.

Lvl 14 Tauren Shaman - Died in the Barrens due to accidentally pulling two centaurs, one of them being a rare elite. I didn’t see the elite until it was too late.

Currently on a lvl 16 Tauren Shaman and I’m being SUPER cautious. I’ve been doing a lot more mob grinding than usual and only on mobs that are lower level than I am. I’m almost exclusively pulling with lightning bolt so that I can see how many mobs I aggro and can run away if necessary. I only body pull if I’m 100% sure there is only 1 mob around. Hopefully I can actually hit lvl 20 at some point

31 mage, died to Southshore guards on the way to the mine. Wasn’t looking at my screen and had my headset off while talking to my wife.

Got pretty far from the guard but they just don’t reset. Keep kicking myself for forgetting to use glue.

Now I have a 26 lock and a 32 warrior. Warriors are surprisingly good if you have the gold to update your gear often.

I saw him strolling into Darkshire the other night and I noped out. Grabbed that FP to RR and was like. nope. nope. nope.

Still going strong at level 52. I can thank a group of players who saved me from a DC in RR elites back several weeks ago. Otherwise, I’d be saying ottherwise lol.