Official: You die yet? Megathread

LVL 7 warrior had a close call in the fargo mine and out ran 4 koblods. i had and 1/8th of health left when they gave up.

46 undead mage from defias piillager dead on 9/2 from internet dc

1 Like

cave group deaths are the worst. I think I got a level 16 druid killed this way. I didn’t stick around to see though (alt-f4ed right after i died) :expressionless: never doing the darkshore mushroom quest again

2 Likes

Like many others, my first one died inside Jangolode mine at lv13 when I got caught out by a hyperspawn.

1 Like

Yes - after 19 years I forgot I had to actually use the talent points on my pet. I was wondering how I was pulling aggro so easily every fight.

This has since been resolved and I am going strong. Rhok’Delar, here I come.

5 Likes

I had to relearn that system for Classic and again for HC.

1 Like

MADA MADA DANE

Had numerous close calls at crystal lake with the murlocs comeing out of the wood work, but a pally was there helping and we were able to get the stuff off the dead guard

I blame it on my being an old man now…I still can’t believe I played this 19 years ago and did it with no add ons, no guides for raids, etc.

I can honestly say it was so much fun then, and so nostalgic now. HC was a great addition to spice things up.

GL on the journey!

1 Like

I rolled my first toon, a Dwarf hunter, December 26, 2004.

I did use some addons back then though.

2 Likes

I got lucky on that one, someone had cleared the cave and I ran in far enough to get quest credit and noped right back out before anything had a chance to respawn.

3 Likes

Level 21 mage still going strong. Haven’t even really had a close call yet aside from a scary DC. Hit up WC at 18 late last night and finished around 1am. Didn’t have the chain quests but was able to snag some good drops and get the amazing cloth shoulder quest reward as well as finish my engi goggles. I love that I always have the choice to run WC again once I have the other quests so I get to enjoy the rewards from there early. Having a great time. Haven’t seen any trolls aside from the political banter in the Barrens but that is to be expected. Shut one guy down so bad he logged off lol.

4 Likes

Died last night - 22 warlock - Alliance. Just finished up Wailing Caverns and was headed North to grab the Azshara FP as I heard it was needed to connect Auberdine/Astranaar to Ratchet. Didn’t realize I was too close to a Splintertree guard until it was too late. Voidwalker died like a champ; I died like a noob. We go again. . .

2 Likes

I’m just dumb. Playing a priest for the first time and got stupid with murlocs. Hit one, here comes three, I figured I’d kill my one and then run away. Thought I was safe since I had my shield up. Shield went away almost instantly, tried to put up another shield but it was still on cool down. Started running away, and I hit the wrong heal. I wanted the instant heal, but I hit the heal over time. Oops.

Dead at level 11.

3 Likes

I died at level 34 on a Demonology Warlock. I pulled a murloc outside of Southshore. Two others aggroed soon after. Right at that moment my internet decided to go out for several minutes. I logged back in dead.

It was fun while it lasted, but I am not going to start over. My ISP is too unreliable to play Hardcore. I will probably continue to level the Warlock on a Classic Era server. An important reminder: you CANNOT transfer your dead Hardcore character to ANY Classic Era server. There are only a SELECT FEW servers you can choose. Unfortunately the rest of my Classic Era characters are not on that list of servers. I prefer consolidating my characters onto a single server.

I got my first HC character to about 31 (warlock), then died to the Eliza quest in Duskwood (elite). He has two body guards, is elite, hits like a truck, slows you so you can’t run away, and is immune to fear I believe. I will never be doing that quest again.

I took a break and fooled around with a warrior until level 25 where I again died in Duskwood to an extra Venom Spider aggroing from behind, irronically just south of where Eliza is. That whole area is cursed.

I’ve gotten my next warlock up to level 26… and am now questing in Duskwood… again…

edit: died in redridge. Fangore aggros his 2 bodyguards + a few away from him who are as much as 20 yards away. wow. I ended up with about 6 on me at once.

5 Likes

I’m taking my time just enjoying the journey right now :blue_heart:

My new rogue is now 16, almost 17. I’m looking forward to Deadmines in a few levels and that sweet 22 vanish

1 Like

My 2nd rogue died at level 19 in the Barrens. I go againe.

3 Likes

21 rogue. Our DM group had a death/scary situation, but we made it through otherwise.

Tried bellygrub last night before logging and aborted. I just dinged so I was still crushable and messed up a gouge bandage.

I’m sure I could do it, especially if I cap out my defense and use all my pot buffs, but I’ll just come back at 22 or 23.

1 Like

I’ve been stacking stamina buffs/pots to make it easier when dealing with higher lvls or multiple enemies, and it seems pretty effective!

Go hard, or go agane!!!