Official: You die yet? Megathread

Already rerolled a another paladin and got it to Level 5 this morning <.<

My hunter (main) ding’d 21 last night. But I don’t like doing TOO much with it while my HC buddy is offline. So, I’ve been trying to work on an alt.

Really love paladins in retail, so this is kind of like learning about my ancestry in a way >.< haha

5 Likes

At level 10 you get bear form, which makes things much easier. They’re pretty boring at least until then and you still have to be careful. My druid is more mana starved than my priest was even using low level heals and wrath.

They’re still fun and I’m going to be healing but I will be able to shift if we get in a pickle.

1 Like

i really hope you enjoy classic pally then. im like you though, i went from retail to classic though a few years back and let me tell you i learned very quickly what my skills did and fast here! almost every skill just matters you know? unlike retail.

pally is a very good beginner class to start imo. the invuls, the heals, the blessing buffs and we are naturally slow and steady so taking the time to learn the class is very fun here. good luck!

edit: also be the best pal and throw
out those blessings! i wish it was 10mins like tbc but we have 5 here sadly.

2 Likes

First toon i rolled: a level 10 Mage, got overconfident in Westfall. Lvl 13 Boar chain resisted her spells and proceeded to curbstomp her while gleefully sqeeling.

Lesson learned. Thanks HC.

2 Likes

Lost my 24 warrior to the elementals in Ashenvale where that little island with the gazebo is. Got aggro by the named mob with an add and they kept freezing me in place. Going AGANE as rogue.

2 Likes

taking me twice as long of course but I am leveling 2 characters at the same pace, 1 on each server, so if I lose 1 i am not back at the starting area, both are lvl 20 now, no deaths yet.

4 Likes

Just died on my lvl 16 warlock.

It wasn’t nearly as upsetting as some people make it out to be.

I’m back to playing on my warrior now.

We go agane.

4 Likes

11.5 orc warrior, Bezerker. RIP in peace. (Yes, I know and if you don’t get it then you haven’t been around very long).

Had a work call come in while I’m on vacation and was trying to multitask while talking … pulled a bird which was level 15 and it decided to eat him.

Worst part is I had a warlock trying to give me a healthstone less than 5 minutes before the death and was mid conversation before I noticed they had been pm’ing me to stop moving.

Sad day.

Onto the next toon.

1 Like

Use the corner fence to kite her and her entourage and it becomes very easy. If you have ranged and there is a fence nearby stuff becomes way easier.

2 Likes

Dead @ lvl 16 due to hyperspawning Defias mages. GG’s, picking my new toon now and going agayne.

1 Like

Honestly, I regret even doing that quest. I was after the silver. The sword was prot and I was going fury, I was gonna end up selling the sword.

Also, the hyper spawns is what killed me. 2 sec respawns are insane.

1 Like

How I died the first, and only, time so far, knock on wood:

Level 16 warlock in Westfall, smacking Harvest Watchers for https://www.wowhead.com/classic/quest=9/the-killing-fields and leveling up weapon skills and defense. At the same time I was having a frustrating chat with my wife on the phone about a missing computer dongle. I was getting a little low on health as was the mob. I figured I had enough health to finish the mob off, so instead of eating a 'lock cookie I just hovered my mouse over the button until I died.

Moral of the story?

Eat dessert first!

6 Likes

Just lost my 29 shaman last night in Ashenvale doing that Etched vial quest… forgot there were guards and got 2 on me with constant daze. Wasn’t really feeling the shaman though as it was pretty boring so started rogue and am at 11 now.

3 Likes

well update… just died at 31 in the middle of orgrimmar. was afk in the AH and when i came back i was dead…

2 Likes

Did you check combat log to see what killed you?

didnt see anything. h ttps://imgur.com/a/8zNjWTI

im just died there somehow.

luckily like 70% of my gold was on my other character incase i died so i didnt lost everything, but was not expecting dying like that

If you channel feign death for full duration it will kill you.

i didnt do it. unless my cat walked on my keyboard…

Go agayne!

Got my new rogue to 5 last night before I went to sleep :joy:

3 Likes

19 years and I never realized that until just now.

2 Likes