Official Soar/Dragon Riding Mega Thread!

well we shall see if blizzard has truly changed then, and listens to the “feedback” about it but i doubt they will.

1 Like

that is what you’re doing right now. so what is the problem?

You told us we didnt have the right. I was correcting you.

1 Like

no i said if you don’t like it don’t play it. i didnt say anything about not voicing concerns.

Ah my bad then, either way I agree with your sentiment just not how youre meaning it. People that dont like soar are free to not play Dracthyr. I probably wont. That isnt a valid reason to make them unenjoyable for the people that do though.

Not really, no. The niches that these racials are used in are extremely few and far in between. There are much stronger abilities that exist in the game that fulfill these racials, with far less downtime, and are far more impactful than these Dracthyr racials, you will only really see the benefit of these is during leveling, and maybe some other solo content. Typically groups bring CC that compensates for affixes, where these racials are not going to be used, so no, not really.

That’s fine, but they have legitimate combat utility that also follow niches that once again, are fulfilled by other abilities and CCs in the game. If you think these abilities are OP, then your groups aren’t being made properly. There is far stronger CC in the game, plain and simple. This is a class/race combo, and you need to address both, because the Evoker is balanced around Dracthyr and vise versa.

1 Like

They start at level 58 and have their own starting experience which gets them to level 60. You can’t even participate in Chromie Time as a Dracthyr because it becomes automatically dormant at level 50 on live now. When 10.0 releases, it will change to level 60, which still negates Dracthyr from being able to utilize Chromie time at all.

If you’re talking about using a Dracthyr to level up old content for maybe say achievements, It would be quicker to purchase the toys in Oribos that Allows you to unlock every single flight path in every single zone in every expansion of history. That would make traversing the old worlds ten times faster when questing even as a Dracthyr. Especially considering the fact that using the Soar ability has to be done from a very high place to even get far distances, not only that it has a five minute cool down, It doesn’t have a huge advantage as some people seem to think it does, not for the reasons you are mentioning.

8 Likes

As I said in some of the other linked posts, I think the perfect world solution for me would be to make soar a mount ability like running wild and have it match dragon riding in speed, abilities and progression.

Prevents use while engaged in combat and the animation time for soar activation is the same as getting on a mount (obviously no cd for use)

Prevent the use in instanced pvp.

Keep the baseline speed unnerfed and once you complete the dragon riding skill tree, make it a capstone extra ability for evokers to fly at equal footing to a maxed out dragon mount (pretty much keep the baseline unnerfed speed until you get that capstone)

This way evokers still have to do the planned content that everyone else has to do.

Also, make dragon riding available in the rest of Azeroth with the dragon mounts on df release!

6 Likes

So glad to see yet another community orange debunking this

1 Like

In your same reply, you are contradicting yourself. Pick a lane, either you are with the regular GD pattern so you can balance things out or not.

Oh and Yea, I see that’s really OP and game breaking.

We should really gut out some of the things on live then:
Tauren Stomp is too OP
Blood Elf AOE dispel
Oh wait my bad, those are in combat things. So we should only look to tone down out of combat abilities. Give me a few, let me look some up.

2 Likes

Nerf Druids and Mages basically

2 Likes

Do you have alpha, and have you played with it yourself? I’m guessing you don’t, and you haven’t if you’re saying something like this.

2 Likes

I don’t need Alpha to be able to make an observation because Dragonriding is going to face the same exact problems current Flight does;

• It will need to be gatekept at the beginning of an expansion.
  • It will need to either never develop further or the progress on Dragonriding will be reset with every expansion.
  • It will require vastly different terrain design due to the new mechanics it imposes on the world.

For those three reasons, it’s easy to look at it and say, ‘this is a feature staying in Dragonflight’.

So, you literally have no idea what you’re talking about. Gotcha.

Glad we could clear that up.

Are my points wrong?

Yes, yes they are. Every single one of them.

Feel free to bookmark this post, and read it again in two years when I’m proven right, and Dragonriding becomes the new gold standard of travel in WoW going forward.

You can prove my points are incorrect? Or are you arguing out of your rear again?

Pretty hypocritical of you to say, considering you haven’t even played with the feature in question.

I don’t need to interact with a top to know it spins. It can be a basic observation. Plus, precedent is on my side.

:man_shrugging: