Official Soar/Dragon Riding Mega Thread!

I want to use my wings. I’m a dragon, I’m supposed to be able to fly. Tell a Druid to use a flying mount instead of their flying form.

Yeah, not like Druid’s flight form, nope.

druids fly at the fastest mount speed, not 2x the speed

2 Likes

Nobody is going to use soar for actual traversal because flying mounts are so superior. Testers are furious because Soar was fun for just flying around in circles and Blizz nerfed that over “pet battle efficiency” which makes no coherent sense.

They can gather herbs and other materials in flight form. They can go invisible and instantly cast Flight form to escape combat.

But yeah, Dracthyr flying a bit faster every 5 minutes is waaaaaaaaaaaay too overpowered in comparison.

1 Like

I’m talking about the speed nerf not the CD. There seems to be 2 different issues being discussed.

if you don’t like it, don’t play it. that’s all i will say.

You do realize that a flying mount is still required to use to get to a location before soar can exceed a flying mount that’s maxed?

It’s a very specific setup required to exceed and 90% of situations clicking on your flying mount and auto pathing to your location is faster than picking a high point, flying there, picking a soar path and actively doing the mechanics to get speed.

The nerf is unwarranted and just a fun killer

4 Likes

Dracthyr dont either. Soar doesnt travel twice the speed, only when going straight down into a divebomb. If going straight theyre slower than a regular flying mount and if going UP they putter out and have to land.

I’m sorry but how is Soar OP for world PvP?

1 Like

Ecactly. You dont like soar so dont play it, no reason everyone else should have to suffer for you.

I’m afraid both issues are related.

900% speed could make sense with a long cooldown.

Nerfing the speed AND maintaining the cooldown does not make sense.

other classes cannot spontaneously fly up and then fly away. it makes world pvp unfair

this way they cant just super speed away, they can still be attacked in this slower state

Dracthyr cant do that in PvP, nor is it spontaneous. It requires a charged ability and it requires you launch from an elevated position.

1 Like

Excuse me sir and/or ma’am, but I can most certainly let know the company I’m paying money every month that I’m upset about the product-service I’m purchasing.

If you don’t like us discussing it, you leave the forums.

1 Like

Druids can.

Dracthyr can’t, not even with Soar (do you know how Soar works? Do I have to tell you again that it doesn’t work on combat?).

1 Like

you threw all that out when you pre ordered dragonflight.

unless you’re complaining and havent pre ordered? then it makes no sense

On the contrary. Precisely because I’m spending money on their services I have the legal right to complain and give feedback.

1 Like

i’m pretty sure even the terms of the pre order state that things can and will change during the development

I still have the right to voice my opinion as a customer.

You dont know how Soar works but more importantly you dont know how consumerism works. As paying customers we have a legal right to express our displeasure.