Official Soar/Dragon Riding Mega Thread!

Yep the new soar just does not make sense, why give one race a OP racial while the others suffer?

1 Like

Okay, so we can say the same about War Stomp. Why is that OP, but War Stomp isnā€™t? Yet, War Stomp is an actual disruptive CC, but the knockbacks only serve as a temporary displacement, but casting will begin as soon as their disruption is finished.

1 Like

Exactly! Unnerf soar and give everyone dragonriding everywhere.

Just like all those testers said.

6 Likes

The Trolls are typing. Lets see if they add any substance this time or just more angry nonsense.

This 100%

/10char

1 Like

Because the individual abilities are not OPā€¦the combination of ALL racial abilities is what makes the Drakthyr racial line-up OP.

Which has been my argument all along.

In fact, if you look at some my other posts you will see that I donā€™t specifically care about Soarā€¦but Blizz needed to do something to bring the Drathyr racial abilities in line with other races and they decided that Soar was the correct target for whatever reason.

The people that claim they support the change are most likely just doing this because thatā€™s what happens in GD. No matter what one person discusses, there are those that will try to find justification as to why they are wrong. In this case, I canā€™t think of any reason for the change - how impactful is an ability that has a 5 min cooldown going to be?

The other side of this is that most of the player base hasnā€™t experienced the change firsthand so the complaints could be all for nothing. Had Blizzard did their testing internally and changed these numbers before public testing took place, no one would know any different. At the end of the day Soar is still faster than flight speed.

Please excuse any typos as Iā€™m typing from my mobile.

Okay, Iā€™m gonna be real. Iā€™m ignorant to how Soar works. I get it, it works like dragonriding without the dragon.

Hereā€™s a question: Can soar be used in combat? Or is it out of combat only?

4 Likes

Out of combat only. It doesnā€™t work in instances either. And has a stupid 5 minute cooldown.

7 Likes

Yes. Please reconsider this flight speed nerf. It is so much fun at the prior pct.

1 Like

I really hope the remaining four classes are going to get their first pass talent builds out this week. Maybe after that, I can actually care about this stuff.

1 Like

Nope, nothing about Soar. Poor troll cant even get on topic.

Okay yeah whatever then if it donā€™t work in instances, itā€™s cool. Shouldnā€™t be so long of a CD. Iā€™m indifferent on the nerf. 5 minutes feels like a bit.

In the same breath, Zandalari goblin glider has a 15 mintue cooldown which I also feel is dumb. So eh.

4 Likes

100% agreed. I hate the long cooldowns on those fun abilities.

4 Likes

1 Like

Okay - so using this logic, then why arenā€™t Pandarens the most OP race in the game? What about Zandalari Trolls? Their racials are far more useful than Dracthyrā€™s racials, and can be used far more impactfully than Dracthyrā€™s, so letā€™s go down this rabbit hole;

Zandalari Trolls have cumulatively the most options out of any individual race to pick a secondary buff that persist on them at all times that procs similarly to a trinket, and they also can heal themselves on demand for 100% of their HP, or close to it, as long as they donā€™t get hit. Not to mention, they have a Goblin Glider on a cooldown! So why are you picking out Dracthyr but not Zandalari Trolls? Obviously Zandalari Trolls are WAY more broken than Dracthyr. Or what about Pandaren? Why can we get double effect from food buffs, and considering theyā€™re adding double secondary stat food in Dragonflight, weā€™re going to be insanely broken, but yet - thatā€™s not OP, but Dracthyr are? Not to mention we have an on-demand sleep, and we take less fall damage.

3 Likes

Agreed, the glider cooldown is dumb. Also gliders should stack higher than they currently do.

4 Likes

Ah yes, ā€œThousands of people are wrong but the 3 trolls who keep getting caught lying are right because they agree with meā€

Thats good bait mate

You donā€™t play a mage but yet you are posting on a level 50 mage .

How does that work ?

5 Likes

Its still early. The trolls havent fully woken up yet I think.

1 Like