Odds Of Vanilla being free to play?

I would welcome a box cost, for reasons already discussed in the past.

1 Like

Zero chance.

It has to have a sub cost. Else Blizzard would have to come up with alternative ways of getting revenue out of it. We don’t want those kinda micro transactions.

If you friend is that poor, buy him a sub for a few months. I have committed to paying for a 6 month sub for one of my poor friends.

Truly, the harm they have done to blizzard will leave deep emotional and financial scars. It is a tribute to actibliz’s tenacity and fortitude that they survived as a company for lack of the funds that they were not receiving for the game they were not, and refused to, provide to those begging for it.

Damned PSs!
shakes fists at the sky in rage and grief for the harm done against blizzard
/s
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1 Like

Handing someone a bag of :poop: does not add value to a transaction. (Unless it is composted and they are a gardener)

2 Likes

already been said it will fall under the regular sub fees, 15$ lets you choose retail or classic or even both, this is old news.

1 Like

Zero.

It’s bizarre when people talk about the “loyalty” and “gratitude” we supposedly owe Blizzard, as if they were our buddy and we’re being mean by saying “make a good product and I’ll give you my money, keep making crap and I’ll keep my money and tell you your product is crap.” But it’s equally bizarre from the opposite direction, when people talk as though Blizzard wanted to do something nice for us. It’s a corporation and its purpose is to make money. If there was no profit in Classic for them there would be no Classic.

2 Likes

You completely misunderstood what I was saying just so you could make your lame sarcastic post.

There is a mentality among pserver users, and I’ve seen it firsthand that feel that Classic should be free simply because the PServers were. That’s all.

But hey, you got your poor attempt at a witty comment in, so good for you.

1 Like

If someone is in a situation where they can’t afford $15 a month, then they have much bigger problems than whether or not they can play Classic WoW.

2 Likes

I believe Cubic’s point is that whatever attitude people coming from private servers have, if there were no private servers forcing Blizzard to acknowledge a serious market, there would be no Classic as Blizzard would still be smugly dismissing everyone who wanted it as meaningless statistical noise, and thus “I hate what the pserver community has done” is perhaps not the most logical attitude for someone who wants Classic to exist.

1 Like

Irrelevant to the topic or what I was talking about, but sure. I won’t argue that point, I never was.

The problem is that the reality doesn’t match up to the mentality.

Most pservers were privately funded, either through donations or, in some cases, the pservers were basically selling microtransactions.

The reality of free to play mmo for a corporate entity is that they have to adopt the live service/free to play model in order to simply survive as a business.

For WoW, that would mean microtransactions out the wazoo, far more than what is already available on the Blizz game store. Cosmetics, limiting play time, etc. The ways that SWTOR survives, etc.

And there isn’t anyone who wants that here. Especially in-game advertisements and that noise.

No one mentioned MTX or ads, or any of the other FTP garbage, there are people who feel that Classic should be absolutely free because 1. It’s a 15 year old game, and 2. The PServers were free, why should they have to pay for the same game?

It’s dumb to argue hypotheticals anyway, Classic will not be free to play and that’s that. I support this.

I grew up poor. You don’t waste money on a game and you don’t expect gamers makers to give you games for free because you are poor.

So no I don’t have any sympathy or empathy for those types of people.

Again, it was a response to people who couldn’t understand why some would choose free over paid, with people spurting people should do something else with their life. Uhmm, yeah, that’s why they choose free if they can, not to waste $15 on a game.

I think you got what I said, all sideways somehow.

People don’t play on private serves because they’re free. They play on them because they’re not retail (Classic/BC/WotLK).

If people wanted to play WoW for free, they can do so by farming gold and buying tokens.

5 Likes

[citation needed]

Blizzard has always maintained that a subscriber model is the best way to deliver the game.

Because the thieves didn’t charge, Blizzard shouldn’t?

1 Like

It’s not extra, it’s included with your normal subscription. So its the same 15 a month people are already paying. Now you just get two games with that subscription.

So to answer the main topic. Classic will be free to play. You just have to have an active world of Warcraft subscription. Classic is not a stand alone product, it is a value added feature of retail.

they already said the 15$ sub will unlock retail and classic, so no not free

1 Like

Whose normal subscription?

Stop assuming everyone automatically subscribes to retail.

Classic may not be defined, Blizzard-internally and by the current retail playerbase, as a “standalone product,” but I’m sure as death not paying 15 wooden cents for Modern WoW.

Then it’s probably for the best I won’t see you in Classic. Your dislike of retail does not entitle you to anything for free.