Odds Of Vanilla being free to play?

Classic Wow is played by lots of people in private Server the same people who have fought to bring classic and that keeped vanilla alive until this day and they will probably be coming after the release but not all of them because nobody has $15 to pay monthly. I do have the money and am not complaining but I think Classic should be free. Was just talking to my friend on steam about the release of classic this is how it went
me- its insane how many people are playing vanilla i hope they can come to the original.
him-“If I have to pay monthly for vanilla I probably wont get it btw”
me- :C
Blizzard should come up with new ideas, this is a game that people have kept alive for years and now they want to get lucrative about it from a Wow that took place in 2004 that they never wanted to bring back. Only thing they did was stomp on it and close servers

$15 is dirt cheap for endless entertainment…

62 Likes

Not happening. This project is costing them as it is. You can’t blame them for trying to make some money off of it.

I’m surprised they’re not making us buy a code to play it.

17 Likes

zero, unless you farm gold in bfa and buy tokens.

while that doesnt cost money it does take a lot of time. even at minimum wage 15$ isnt much

1 Like

Good god it better NOT be free to play otherwise it’s gonna end up with endless multi boxers and gold farmers just like the Pservers. The pay-wall keeps you safe, remember that.

43 Likes

… Are you serious? There are people out there who can’t afford another $15 a month to play a game. So please don’t insinuate that everyone’s financial situation is basically the same where they can afford to shell out $15 a month.

That said, I don’t think Classic should be free. If you can’t afford it, well hopefully things turn around for you soon so we can see you in game. If you refuse to pay it but you can afford it, your loss.

13 Likes

I do agree that the project is costing them money and I am happy to pay for it since this could bring a whole new era of gaming not only for blizzard but for other companies. The point is not everyone that have wanted to play it will, because of the $15

Rather it not be f2p. Monthly cost keeps out the rifff raff. More people act civil because they know if they get banned they gotta pay up again.

16 Likes

My opinion? Yes, I absolutely think it should be free. A 15 year old game with no real “new” content updates? Hell yes - it should absolutely be free-to-play.

That said, to recreate official Vanilla servers requires a lot of time and resources. Add to that, Blizz is in desperate need of a new game plan if they would like to retain subs. This is a part of that game plan. Folks that don’t like the current state of retail may just stay subbed to try out Classic, and with private servers like Nostalrius, Elysium, Light’s Hope (to name a few) there is clearly a demand.

Should Classic be free-to-play? Absolutely. Am I willing to resub for Classic as a thank you to Blizzard for releasing official Vanilla servers? Absolutely.

2 Likes

If they refuse to pay for it, that’s their loss.

6 Likes

things cost money, no one should be surprised here

this isnt free for blizzard to make even though its 15 years old. the new hardware wont just run it by flipping the on button

5 Likes

If you can’t afford $15/month… perhaps it’s time to get a job.

28 Likes

Again, stop assuming everyone can afford an extra $15. Some people have jobs and are already stretching every penny they have just to get by. $15 may not seem like a lot to you, but it could be the straw that breaks the camel’s back for some.

5 Likes

I’m not addressing poverty-stricken people who truly can’t put food on the table. I’m addressing lazy gamer types who complain that they won’t play Classic because of the sub fee. The type of gamer who could afford it for three months if he denied himself a single refill for his oilpen.
That said, my post did come off as callous and I apologize.

20 Likes

If that’s the case, then perhaps they should be doing something else than worrying about playing video games.

22 Likes

Yeah this is what am referring to. When I came to U.S I actually started playing Wow. I got on the free trial only to realize it was only capped till level 20. I had no money nothing, most jobs I went to they required experienced people. Then I started high school my parents weren’t working either though we were new here. It took us some time to stabilize ourselves

Your family was allowed to immigrate here without having means to support yourselves?

5 Likes

If you can’t afford to set aside $3.74 cents a week then maybe you should have other priorities instead of WoW.

Trotting out the “some people are poor!” Argument is not really valid.

Gaming is a luxury, and not a necessity for living.

And this is coming from someone who has lived paycheck to paycheck and was one mishap away from losing a roof over my head.

17 Likes

No chance in hell.

It’s a monthly sub. Just be glad there’s no box cost on top of that.

6 Likes

F2P games are often P2W trash.

I’ll be happy to pay 15 a month if it means there won’t be a cash shop.

8 Likes