Odds Of Vanilla being free to play?

Probably you won’t; Tichondrious is a PvP server name, right?

But not because I won’t be playing. Paying for Classic, not a “normal subscription” to Modern.

And you just ruined the economy in classic in so many ways. And i am not surprised a 120 proposed this

2 Likes

So if you throw something away, and someone picks it out of your trash and sells it on ebay, are they a theif?

You would deprive Frosty of his magic hat because the magician threw it away and now wants it back.

Blizzard never threw it away.

The correct anaology would be:

Dodge is no longer making the 2016 Charger. Another company makes the 2016 Charger down to the last bolt. Are they stealing? Of course they are.

1 Like

The correct analogy is the frosty’s hat one.

My analogy is based on business and law equivalents.

Your analogy is based on a children’s story about a snowman…

1 Like

One is related to entertainment, the other is a physical product that one can “own”.

And the analogy relates to production not ownership. I wasn’t saying the players were thieves.

While it shouldn’t be free, should it have the same price tag as modern WoW, which enjoys constant development? And no, including the bag of :poop: is not an added incentive to people returning just for vanilla/classic.

2 Likes

If you can’t afford the 15 bucks a month, you can likely continue to play on a free private server somewhere. Whats the problem?

No one had to mention it, because that was the reality of it. Those folks can ignire reality, but private servers were not free to run.

1 Like

If $15 is hard to come by playing a crazy time consuming old MMO is the least of that persons concerns. How much skill is required to mow a couple lawns or collect $15 in bottles over 30 days? Not too much I would imagine.

Boggles the mind that there are posts in here so unabashedly slamming players who agree it shouldn’t be f2p. The kind of people I’m imagining are not single moms w/ 5 kids and 18 jobs, they are lazy kids with no skills or ambition. Some forms of entertainment cost money, holy cow… welcome to life.

If anything a sub should cost more. I can’t even remember the last time it went up. I feel like the price of a coffee increases every 15 minutes.

2 Likes

they already said it sub to retail wow and its free.

I have to wonder what other contexts this would work on certain people in.

Hey, I’ll give you a free donut! Just give me five dollars first.

Correct, but they have always maintained they talk about it.

Mike Morhaime in 2013 told IGN that they discuss it, but find that WoW was not built for free to play as other games do it. Thats why they offer free to play to level 20 in retail.

J Allen Brack said in 2016 that they werent going free to play for the same reason.

1 Like

Just referred to your original post, dunno why people are quoting you below without the last sentence for context and blowing it up like some kind of revelation.

Agreed, I’m sure those pity me f2p people have lots of ways to try and justify their wacky parasitic opinions. Guess it’s lost on the ‘free appz yo’ community that EOD it’s a 15 year old game, sure. One that needs to be rebuilt, maintained and supported by the owner who pays people to do those things.

1 Like

because nobody has $15 to pay monthly. I do have the money and am not complaining

Lol, what?

Mixed feelings on this. One one hand, not many “hostile” tourists could be bothered to pay anything for the privilege of making General Chat as bad as these forums. Without this particular class of individual, these forums would be paradise.

On the other hand, why the Hell should I have to buy the box twice? I waited outside a Frys in San Francisco on a drizzling launch day. Grandfathered access, please!

Paywalls for ‘quality’ is deluding yourself. It doesn’t get quality, just a smaller segment of “variation”.

1 Like

I’m either confused by your post, or you are confused as to how Classic will be available.

You won’t be buying anything to have Classic. If your sub to WoW retail is current, you will just download the free Classic client and play.