[OCE] Shadowstrike community poll - 72% against merging with US due to high ping/ms reasons

Did you google “sample size calculator” yet?

You actually told me to Google “anecdote”. Please get your facts straight :slight_smile:

And by any measure 320 people out of thousands is not representative of a majority no matter how you might like to twist the numbers.

1 Like

That answer tells me you still have not googled it, what a shame

I dont need to, its irrelevant to this discussion.

I’m curious what you think will happen to shadowstrike a month or 2 down the track if we aren’t allowed to merge. You realise the population will only get worse and worse right the longer we stay on shadowstrike?

Thanks for saving oceanic and shadowstrike we are very happy and hope it gives you some time to find a better solution not only for now but in the future too.

1 Like

My opinion doesn’t really matter on this, i have barely shared my own thoughts this. I’m pretty sure my first post in this topic was “we are holding a poll” and my 2nd was “here are the results”.

I’m not here to preach what I think everyone wants, I am simply trying to collect and share community sentiment. Despite incredible personal attacks and accusations on me from people like yourself, it seems no one else is trying to do this.

I guess you all just prefer to sh*tpost on the forums instead?

If you’re so confident this information is wildly wrong, i recommend you get your own data, rather than attacking me.

2 Likes

“Oceanic” wasn’t saved, you destroyed it. Well done on logging into multiple alt accounts and spamming the forums and ruining it for the rest of us.

2 Likes

I’m quite sure elron is just trolling you all at this point, and you’re biting hard.

Lol, so you have no personal thoughts on the matter whatsoever? You just love making polls on your discord channel to share?

If this hurts so bad I would advise maybe investing in a teaspoon and a bag a concrete.

I agree and so do most people.

I don’t why you dislike me so much, have we met before?

For starters, its not “my” discord. I didn’t make it, i only joined around the end of p1 and started helping. Eventually , the others quit sod and it just got left with me.

So, why not try to use this platform to gather sentiment? There is no insidious intent, or whatever else you think.

My personal opinion? I don’t even play SoD right now, but I certainly won’t come back if it’s merged as it will be nearly 300ms for me. That’s all.

Dear Blizzard:

Despite what certain people are attempting to claim, the majority of OCE players WANT the server transfers to happen. A vocal minority is stopping this and lying, twisting numbers and posting from multiple accounts to try to make it seem like the majority dont want FCM’s. This is demonstrably false and the MAJORITY of us would like to see the FCM’s re-enabled please.

2 Likes

It’s just such a short sighted view. The earlier we merge the better chance the oce pop has to survive. Shadowstrike will die at some stage, the longer you drag it on the more players will quit because their guilds will be dying left right and centre as the game progresses.

2 Likes

Dam so the reason we aren’t able to join a thriving server with an active playerbase is because some guy that doesn’t play the game made a poll on his discord and linked it to the forums. Fantastic.

3 Likes

Tell that to all the people who clicked option 2, brother, not me.
I have no idea who you are, but you sure seem to have a lot to say about me individually. It’s very weird, especially when you publicly proclaim that I am somehow changing the result.

Don’t worry, they will force the merge to happen in a week or two I guarantee lol

1 Like

All 320 of them, out of thousands.

As if, somehow, expanding from a sample of 500 to 1500 will dramatically swing from 75% against to 75% for, right?