[OCE] Shadowstrike community poll - 72% against merging with US due to high ping/ms reasons

Well when there is people voting who don’t even play the game I don’t think there is much credibility to your poll. I have no personal issues with you. My issue is that in my mind this poll has literally killed any chance oce has to survive the full season. Now, just like som the chance for oce to join a larger, more active server and potentially feed off them for extra raiders is getting dragged out, and just like in som the longer it takes for us to merge the more damage is going to come to our population. It’s frustrating when we’ve been through it before and the same clowns cry about the ping every time and every time it screws us over in the long run .

There is obviously a margin for error, as with any poll. This applies to both for and against.
It doesn’t account for such a majority, though.

320 people out of thousands is hardly a majority.

If you’re trolling, you legally have to admit it, you know?
This is painful.

No trolling, just plain facts.

How do you think opinion polls in real life work?

I belong to a guild in SS with 6 raid teams. We were all but ready, and keen, to join a larger server. Most of us are sick of spending 40-60+ mins trying to fill a group for basic quests to enjoy the game past mundane weekly raid logging. I resent the choice being taken from us to join a larger server to enjoy the game because of a vocal minority. The server merge was never compulsory, but by taking our choice and voice away because many aren’t aware of said discord vote we’ve been doomed to stay on a dieing server. I’m disappointed with the choice being taken away. Let people stay, but also let people leave to play the active server they want to. I levelled to 60 in HC on an american server on a warrior and never had complaints with the increased ping.

5 Likes

They have a larger sample size than 320 out of thousands, and include all people not just a vocal minority.

2 Likes

An opinion poll that has somehow convinced blizzard to basically kill any chance the oce population has of surviving the full season. Made by a guy who doesn’t even play sod. Perfect.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

Bravo! Speak your opinion mate, don’t let the vocal minority shut you down. Re-enabling FCM’s and allowing players to choose for themselves is the best option going forward. SS will be fine if, according to their poll, a so-called “majority” want to stay then they have nothing to be concerned about.

Lumping Penance in with this decision was also incredibly short-sighted.

1 Like

Yeah it’s ridiculous these guys fought so hard to stop us from having the option to leave if we want to… They could have stayed if they wanted to aswell. It hurts more now knowing the guy who made this poll doesn’t even play sod anymore and his poll that was not advertised anywhere apart from in his server or the forums, which noone was even looking at because we just assumed we were getting the fcm, has killed our chances of moving, and also penance chances of getting off their completely dead server.

1 Like

Yeah, you probably don’t though.

Please allow Penance players to transfer to Wild Growth. I believe the option to transfer to US servers (PvP/PvE) should also be open to those on Shadowstrike who want it.

It’s obvious that you are scared of allowing a free choice to the SS population because you know that if given the choice, half the server will leave for greener pastures.

Your fear and insecurity does not justify trapping players on a server they do not wish to play on.

You are not the spokesperson for OCE. You are not even the spokesperson for SS.

Blizzard, stop listening to trolls like this and give each of us paying customers the choice to do as we wish with the characters we own.

5 Likes

Why is FCM not open on every realm, all the time?

You have no legs to stand on.

You speak for nobody but yourself.

Free Penance. Free ShadowStrike. Free OCE.

5 Likes

Very happy with the outcome and giving shadowstrike a fair chance.

Hopinh to see some solutions / proposals to make a better expeirence for all the oceanic region in the coming weeks.

the server will die and us with it no solution means they wont work on one its blizzard

2 Likes

Why are you so adamantly against people leaving a server you don’t play on?

2 Likes