[OCE] PLEASE allow OCE players to raid on OCE ping!

Yeah, i’m the other half of Elron’s split personality that hates GDKP’s.

1 Like

I idea that only ‘sweats’ care about low ping is flawed, during this process I have had many casual players mention they are not interested in playing high ping because it just feels awful, and they will simply go play a different game that does not have this problem.
It’s subjective, and assigning such a simple explanation to handwave away the results is very disingenuous.

uses discord = doesn’t like high ping
does not use discord = does not care about ping
what a silly assumption to make.

An email would have been great, I am jealous of OSRS players who have devs that actually collect real and measureable feedback and act on it, such an alien concept.
The whole reason I ran a poll via the community discord is because there is no other mechanism available to collect such data. It’s quite literally the best option we had.

It’s hilarious to dismiss the poll as a ‘terrible snippet’ and then say something like this based on nothing but forum cryscreaming. Do you really not see the irony?
Shrugging off the mass opinions of long-term shadowstrike community discord members in favour of nameless alts from various realms (penance voices are the loudest, for good reason).

Really, it’s incredibly funny and frustrating at the same time to see people here back-slapping over some manual “I’m spartacus!” forum post-counting, then in the same breath calling an actual poll useless.
Want to talk about vote validation? He was counting penance characters and multiple duplicates.
It’s even more useless than mine was LOL.

Even now, with all of the brigading from our disc being posted public here in the US forums and on the crusader strike discord, the poll is still at 2:3 to stay, not that it matters, FCM has already killed the realm.

So, with shadowstrike already dead, why am i replying? Simply to tell you that you’re an idiot, Craz.

1 Like

I think you’re getting a bit defensive here and seeing things in black and white and I can understand why after the fecal storm that your Discord inbox probably looks like.

What I meant is its likely that your inherited discord server had a bias for more hardcore players. Lets say the average warcraft logs percentile from your players on the server is 60%. Its not much but that would indicate some sort of bias which would hinder its internal validity and throw the results off from what they actually are. This isn’t a criticism of you, you did the best you could with the resources you have and I respect you for going out of your way to try harder than blizzard and put up with the “great” community we have.

There’s also a good chance I’m wrong or overlooking a factor here as to why your survey results were different from what the forums showed. The blizzard forums for example probably also suffered from some sort of bias I’m unaware of (I swear to god if they counted the penance votes going for anything other than 1). I don’t have the means to read the minds of blizzard employees nor do I have any reasonable ability to test my hypothesis so all I can do is talk out my butt and guess.

In conclusion :crab: :crab: :crab: $15 a month :crab: :crab: :crab: Blizzard doesn’t care :crab: :crab: :crab: Gives us OSRS quality development team :crab: :crab: :crab:.

That’s quite simple, because it’s an apples to oranges comparison.

One is a structured poll of opinion inviting people to simply click twice and contribute to a measurable result, held in a (mostly) controlled environment (shadowstrike only discord).

The other is an unstructured, open forum of shouting held in a public US forum with people from various realms contributing.

It’s just not remotely comparable.

I still disagree with this, the hardcore guilds were barely present and not participating in the discord.
For example, the GM of the no.1 OCE guild only ever posted 11 messages in the disc, most of that in a single blacklist thread.
The No.2 guild was pushing for OCE seeded instances on US realms, not for a pure stay on OCE stance.
There is/was another discord where a lot of the very special gamers who enjoy posting “gamer words” spend their time, we all know there is a huge crossover between jobless high parsers and spamming gamer words, but they were NOT active in the shadowstrike disc, because they get banned.

tldr; i strongly disagree with the premise that discord users are primarily hardcore raiders who demand low ping at all costs, and therefore that hugely influenced the poll results.

But it was a terrible snippet. And it was all based around you and your cronies cry screaming that you didn’t want to leave shadowstrike… Which was wild, especially when you made it under the pretense that you may return to play sod one day but don’t want the ping to change for you. So you actively tried to hurt what the vast majority of the oce pop wanted so you would get a personal gain if you ever decided to return to a game you don’t even play lol. Actual insanity…

A poll from your discord, which you, as the owner can pick and choose members from, didn’t advertise to anyone outside of those members in your discord, and that you had a vested interest in. You knew how your discord community would vote, and then pretend that you didn’t know what the outcome of your poll on your own discord would be lol.

The fact there was so many more people on the forums wanting off the server when asked for feedback by blizzard is a better demographic than what you had on your own discord server. You couldn’t control the narrative when it was on the forums which is why you’re trying to dismiss it, but it was blaringly obvious that 10 times more players wanted to leave shadowstrike than wanted to stay.

You’re bias little poll from your own discord on a game you don’t even play was wrong. What a surprise lol.

I love that you’re still citing your poll that has already been debunked as hugely biased and flat out wrong on what the oce community wanted. And then you want to tell me I’m stupid? Lol okay pal.

Does using a VPN with connection to America help? Any oceanic player confirm?

Might get like 20-40ms less at most so yeah things like exit lag etc help but still a horrible solution.

Also for shadowstrike for the players who are staying.

A total lie, how exactly would I do this? please explain for everyone in the room.

Yet another complete lie, why are you just making up garbage?

How does my personal opinion influence people clicking option 1 or option 2? Please, explain this clearly for us all.

I’m curious why you’re fighting so hard to influence what happens on a server of a game you don’t play?

Most ISPs are already fairly well optimized. A VPN may make things worse for you, you can try route optimization services such as exitlag or mudfish, but they will only pick the fastest route between you and the destination, they do not unfortunately defeat geography or physics.

You can trial exitlag and mudfish for free and see how it helps, it will probably be around 5% better unless your ISP has some serious routing problems

I’m curious why you’re so desperate to spread complete misinformation about me on a public forum? Who are you and what did I do to upset you this much, personally?

I’m just an oceanic player that wanted to go to crusader strike, along with the vast majority of the rest of the server, and then you released a poll that almost ruined that for everyone on a game you don’t play, but thought you’d do it anyway incase one day you decide to play again. If you were on the other end you would also be frustrated.

So that qualifies you to just post outright lies?

They’re not lies though.

A lie

A lie

Implying I can somehow influence an outright A or B vote, a lie.

It was obvious how the poll would go with the playerbase on the shadowstrike discord. And the backlash on the forums proved how invalid the poll was. Don’t get angry at me that the polls votes didn’t suit what the oceanic population actually wanted. Maybe try grow your discord so you can get an accurate representation of the playerbase next time you want to make another poll of a game you don’t play or something.

Obvious to who? It wasn’t obvious to me, there was conflicting discussions happening, that’s exactly why I put up a poll. Christ.

Any response to the repeated and obvious lies you have been called out on?

I’ve already responded to them and said I didnt lie. If you don’t want to believe that then that’s on you. I’m not here to please a guy that doesn’t play sod.