[OCE] PLEASE allow OCE players to raid on OCE ping!

This is the solution we’re looking for.

Most of us like the idea of being on a very populated server, but having to RAID on 200+ms is a dealbreaker for me and my guild. High ping is just not fun at all. We started playing this game under the assumption that we’d be able to play on OCE ping, so it’s not fair to just take this option away from us. You need to provide a fair and suitable solution to your customers.

Please make this happen Blizzard, we know you have the technology.

62 Likes

We know you have the technology. So use it.

15 Likes

+1 easy, reasonable solution.

7 Likes

This is my preferred solution also. Could be great in a future Classic+ megarealm. Technology seems to be there with BGs & cross realm stuff in retail.

2nd choice would be keeping shadowstrike open but allowing penance to xfer here.

Crude US merge is worst case scenario but US merge with Oceanic instances is best case.

6 Likes

Dont bring back gdkps

Statement below me agrees

5 Likes

I concur with the above statements.

3 Likes

+1 agree to the suggested solution

4 Likes

This is the winner Blizzard, make it happen!

6 Likes

+1 Please Blizz

2 Likes

your the only one talking about gdkps in this thread and your telling others to touch grass. Get a grip.

1 Like

+1 OCE needs a better solution than being forced into 200ms with no alternative

5 Likes

+1 , Low ping or bust.

3 Likes

+1 let us play on decent ping

2 Likes

+1 - Phase merge Penance and Shadowstrike. Done, that’s it. The tech is there, it’s been used before, you’ve even shown you can flick it on and off at the drop of a hat on the release of Classic, just do the thing.

1 Like

reasonable solution cmon blizzard do better for OCE

3 Likes

Hit ops link brother, i know its hard.

Maybe go guild split on patch again hahahaha

I fully support Nec’s point. Blizzard clearly has the capability to make this happen, given how it already manages cross-realm battlegrounds and instances with reduced latency by routing players through localized servers. The technology behind this—sharding and dynamic instance allocation—can be applied to OCE players for raiding, keeping raid instances on local servers without disconnecting them from their main, more populated realms.

Blizzard’s server infrastructure is already distributed, allowing regions like OCE to have low-ping instances for battlegrounds and mythic+ dungeons. This same principle can be applied to raid content. By directing Oceanic players to local instances while keeping their character data on the home realm, OCE players can enjoy seamless, low-latency gameplay.

Additionally, this doesn’t have to affect the larger player base. Blizzard could utilize elastic cloud solutions (similar to what they’ve implemented with AWS or Google Cloud) to dynamically allocate local server resources based on region-specific demand. During raid instances, the game could prioritize routing players through these OCE-based servers, reducing lag without requiring the player to switch realms. This approach leverages existing network infrastructure and dynamic server technology without fragmenting the player base or impacting Blizzard’s current architecture.

There’s no technical reason this couldn’t be implemented for raids, as it’s essentially an optimization of existing systems that Blizzard already employs. The benefits for Oceanic players would be immense, improving the quality of raiding without introducing new complexities for the development team.

6 Likes

Agreed

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/oceanic-region-better-solutions-no-merge

1 Like

Nah no gdkps

3 Likes

Some form of clarity, wording or acknowledgement from the devs would be nice.

2 Likes