[OCE] OK, really though - let's merge OCE back into a US battlegroup

lets go dude get this done

Lets get it

bump +1 for a healthy pvp scene

1 Like

I live in the Eastern US and landed on Remulos after looking for a server. Overall, it’s been great. The activity level reminds me of my server back in 2006-2010. My only gripe: crap BG queues.

Merge the Battlegroups!

1 Like

lets go OCE with priority queue system into NA West after 3 mins

is there any unoffical US West server for OCE players? Alliance or Horde?

grobbulus 10char

1 Like

Don’t do this Blizzard. Chanimal sometimes plays on NA servers from OCE and does just fine with his high ping, this is a player skill issue and they need to git gud. If you guys really wanted queues you would have rolled on NA servers already. Forcing an entire region into their crappy ping is absurd when the OCE pvp scene is completely dead.

It’s dead because queues for bgs in classic were restricted to weekend only outside of warsong. The trend has continued and spread to arena which is quite logical and was foreseen by many players, it’s just the noisey ones who queued like 3 arenas and quit that formed up a bit of a movement.

Not that I oppose or anything, I just want to make sure I understand this correctly…
Merge the entire world (real world) pvp into the same scene & have cross faction, but RDF into Stockades and Blood Furnace ruins the community?

We get merged with US west servers for more active players at the cost of higher ping.

Pvping with higher ping is much better than not at all. However the match making system always favours local games over games from the US, as it has done in retail since WOD when we got local servers. Players from Australia still get very high ratings and titles regardless of ping and this has been a thing since cross server battlegrounds.

OCE region doesn’t have enough active pvp players and the ones who are keen on playing lose interest because they can’t get games or get stomped by players who are at 1500 rating but have very high skill. No new players in and many players giving up leaves us with no PVP scene.

Those who advocated for the change to OCE only battle group are that rusted on they would prefer the scene completely died as a posed to admitting the forum rage just before TBC was an error. Either that or they played a dozen games in week one of season one and quit.

Edit to address your comment about rdf, I am also of the belief that it should indeed be as it was in wrath. The game is designed around that feature especially since we are starting at a later patch with phases for content.

3 Likes

Chanimal actually lives in France and has for a long time now, he recently went back to Australia to visit family and complained how dog it was to que with such high ping and it’s 1 of the reasons he doesn’t have an OCE lock but has 1 on EU & NA because the scene is just dead here.

1 Like

This post is merely propaganda, we’re okay over here Blizzard xx

1 Like

do the thing blizz… do it!

Copium, he got r1 in a TBC season when he was in Australia visiting his parents, sounds like a player issue to me! Ticki the priest is another great example as of why ping shouldn’t deny you from rank 1 since he played a long time in Korea with 200+ Ms.

When I’m working overseas in Japan and I’m playing the game with 200+ Ms I don’t come to forums asking blizzard to merge NA servers with Asia, it is possible to get glad or rank 1 on that ping, you just gotta git gud.

Having r1 before he went to aus for like a month isn’t him getting r1 while being in aus.

1 Like

I honestly just feel like the reason we’re not getting any response on this whatsoever is because the answer isn’t going to be something people want to hear.

We’re probably just stuck and they have deemed it not worth their time to invest into doing this and that players will still pay subscriptions whether they make the game more enjoyable for this subsection or not.

Really disappointing honestly that this thread has been up for 53 days without anyone responding to it. Pretty much exactly what we’ve come to expect as the OCE community: Be completely ignored and taken for granted.

You have a pretty valid point. I’ll keep bumping it tho.

Blizzard loves to leave things to last minute, like we don’t even know pre-patch date or season end date, fresh server players have no idea about servers, name reserve etc.

If they did merge us with US again it wouldn’t just benefit us, it benefits the US arena scene too, for example queues die at certain times even in the US battlegroup, but during that time it’s prime time for us.