[OCE] OK, really though - let's merge OCE back into a US battlegroup

The community was wrong.

The OCE arena scene is dead.
2s is only queueable in peak times, even for lower ratings - even during peak times, you’re lucky to find more than 2-3 teams queueing.
3s is completely dead - often only 1 other team to fight.

Even Blizzard’s auto detection win trading ban bots recognised this, by banning half the ladder at the end of season 2 for win trading. It wasn’t. but sure looks like win trading when there are only 2 teams queuing.

Please, merge OCE and US to save WOTLK arena.

Edit: To clarify for non pvpers, this post refers to including OCE servers in a US Battlegroup pool to increase the amount of games available, especially during non peak times - it doesn’t mean merging servers.

66 Likes

Exactly this, the player base is too small to have good queues, queues with a bit of lag are way better than no queues.

Merge us back at LEAST for wotlk, but honestly now would be better.

Hundreds of comments on this thread agreeing also literally from season 1, but nobody from blizzard was listening.

I had a few accounts, but since I can’t be on from 8-10pm (the time when queues actually pop) I am down to 1 account and likely won’t play in wotlk if it isn’t merged.

12 Likes

Have been asking for this forever… still too many 1200 rogues who think they are Reckful or Neilyo and wont be able to get glad if they have 200ms >.>

Was 30 min queues for 3s on a Wednesday between 6 & 7, just attrocious.

4 Likes

100% agree please merge with US for wrath you can’t arena in off peak times. We try to queue 3v3 at 3pm some days and don’t get pops.

5 Likes

Playing with 250+ ping is NOT a good gaming experience. I understand the lack of players for OCE servers for PvP’rs. But perhaps instead of trying to ruin the game for everyone, if you do not like the PvP scene here, move your own character to a USA server. Problem solved…

10 Likes

If you are not a PvPer, this change will not effect you.

6 Likes

You are actually a legitimate peanut. How many OCE players got gladiator / rank 1 before we had our own servers? Was the game ruined all those years beforehand? No.

4 Likes

You said “Merge” which means consolidate those servers into other existing servers. However if you meant Link or include OCE servers with say, West Coast servers in the same battle groups. Then that would be great for everyone. But Merge is the incorrect term to use.

7 Likes

No if you want fqsr queues move, leave.
I dont like playing with 200-300 ms.
I only came back to the game because of regional servers.
So no no and 3000 times no.

12 Likes

No, we just want to be part of the same battlegroup. Our pvp community is too small to generate a healthy pvp environment.

There are sometimes 1-3 R1/Glad spots on our ladders which become very VERY easy for teams to control and manipulate.

We also have 1-2 BGs TOTAL during weekdays with maybe up to 6 BGs on a weekend, and if you want to play a BG that isnt the daily or weekend bonus… forget it.

1 Like

+1 on the merge
Use the system retail had. Looks for X amount of time for OCE teams then start looking at US West

5 Likes

Yes but you dont even play at high rating where the number of available teams that you can even get rating off can be counted on one hand.

Prior to 1800 there is BARELY enough teams to keep the pvp scene going. But if you are actually competitive, you NEED more teams in the higher ratings and wider brackets to reduce win trading/queue dodging and ladder manipulation.

I completely get that and yea. Would like to be included in one of the US West Coast battle groups. Even for people who just like to PvP in BGs, it sucks when your pigeon holed into just the Weekend BG. Only able to even do AV on AV weekends is a bummer when its the daily BG and not up for 2 more weeks.

The misunderstanding was the OP using the term Merge and not specifying correctly that they really meant to be included with the USA servers for PvP matters. Normally when players or the blizz devs use Merge, its meant to combine multiple servers into each other, or move their location completely.

That said, paying for a server transfer is a valid option still. I have friends that have done this for that very same reason.

Stop using this “we” bulls*it. WE do not want 5o be linked or merged. So no go away. This comes up every 3 or so months.
You have options if you want fast queues, go to a us server and stop trying to ruin it for the rest of us.

3 Likes

Transfer if you want access to better queues. If you haven’t done that by now, 12 months into TBCC then you’re doing it wrong.
Keep OCE the way it is.

4 Likes

You cant understand because you dont play at the glad/R1 brackets.

Even if they could add a button that toggles OCE only and OCE+ NA queues pvp would be 1000x healthier for the players who PLAY in the upper brackets.

If you dont care about pushing the ladder that is fine, i dont expect you to be forced to play NA. But for those of us who do play in those upper brackets, we want to actually be able to play the game.

As for Battlegrounds, they arent competitive anyway, the only reason to be there is to farm honor for Off-pieces or previous season gear. Once again having the option for us to “Choose” to join the NA player pool doesnt hurt anyone who only wants to play OCE while giving those of us who are serious about gearing up or pushing rating options to do so without incurring 30 min queues…

4 Likes

I dont understand why those complaining about que times just do not transfer to US servers. It seems to me debating this on the forums when the devs will not even care is more a complete waist of time.

3 Likes

I dont, that doesn’t mean my opinion is invalid.
Just because a very small minority would benefit from this doesn’t make it good. It would screw everyone else over.
So no, just move to ferlina or benediction.

3 Likes

Maybe they’ll let you pick an American server after they delete the OCE servers.

5 Likes

Because we do more than just PvP. My guild is here and I am not going to give up my PvE experience just to play ladder on NA. Often to be compeitive you NEED access to high level PvE gear, finding a high level PvE guild that plays on OCE times on NA is next to impossible.

I cant speak for everyone but I also enjoy playing on sub 100 ms just as much as anyone else. I just dont run away from playing arena because i am at a 200ms disadvantage.

I also have many friends on the OCE realms that dont care about PvP at all and i do all sorts of content with them. It would literally be giving up everything just to compete on the NA ladder AND I wouldnt have access to the raid items i do now. Raid items that are often critical to building a team strategy.

But adding at LEAST the option to queue NA, everyone can play how they like without compromising at all. On top of that it isnt a massive overhaul to implement either.

4 Likes