Obsidian Sanctum gives wrong mount as loot and doesn't give loot to anyone else in the party

Just did a run of Obsidian Sanctum to show a friend how to get the free 100% drops on the Black Drake and Twilight Drake mounts.

The raid difficulty is set to 10-man since he wanted the black drake first, but upon killing the boss and looting the chest, the black drake didn’t drop, but instead the twilight drake dropped. I double checked what lockout we were on and for sure it was the 10-man which should drop the black drake.

On top of this, no chest spawned for him and he gained no loot. None of the loot I got was tradeable to him. It was as if he wasn’t part of the raid at all, except it gave him a raid lockout for it, preventing him from just doing it himself.

So all in all, this screwed up in 3 different, extremely catastrophic ways that have probably affected thousands of other people attempting to farm old raids:

A) Raid lockouts are giving the wrong loot for the lockout, either 10 or 25 man.

B) Even with personal loot, raids only allow 1 person to loot a boss and none of it is tradeable to anyone else in the group, even if everyone participated.

C) Everyone else in the group is now locked out of the raid for the rest of the week, even though the raid refused to generate loot for them or let them look anything at all.

You appear to have been locked into the 25 man version, it’s been awhile for me, but from what I understand that does not drop the Reins of the Black Drake.

If your characters are 10 levels+ higher than the dungeon/raid intended level Legacy loot is activated. So, no personal loot in that situation. Whomever loots the mob receives the loot.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/169350

I only see you and one other, but I’m afraid that is how it works. Anyone who participated in the Raid is locked to it until that raid lock expires. As noted previously, because of the level you two are on you would not have been under personal loot.

3 Likes

Then I should have been able to trade him the mount I looted, but this was not the case. We tried trading and it wouldn’t allow it.

Even legacy loot rules allow you to trade loot.

And I 100% had 10-man selected under my raid lockout. The fact that it registered as a 25-man run is an error on your servers. I double checked my raid lockout after looting the twilight drake mount and my settings confirmed that it was set for 10-man.

Who entered first, you or your friend?

I had the raid set to 10-man and entered it first. I was the party lead so it doesn’t matter who enters the raid first, regardless.

Then you’ll want to submit a ticket under Boss loot to see if a Game Master can assist.

I’m sorry, but that isn’t how that works. The logs list what happened, and in all my years reviewing them I’ve never seen them report something false, they simply don’t create additional or false information. The logs are listing the run I see as 25 man. The fact that you received the Twilight Drake is fairly good indication that you were on 25 as well, since I don’t believe it drops in 10 man.

If you believe you were set to 10, you may want to look to resetting your User Interface, as something may be causing you to see or be on the wrong setting.

5 Likes

So changing raid lockout settings is at the mercy of me hoping Blizzard’s servers decide to bother updating it on their end for me to get the right loot.

Got it.

Man, those 800 QA and support staff last year would probably have come in real handy.

That’s not what they said.

Here we go.

Good news, you can run it again after the raid lockout expires.

3 Likes

I’ll hold exactly zero breathes in expectation that this next lockout will be any different.

Look Vindolyn, I understand you are frustrated, but the only unknown in this situation is what you had set. The logs indicate you were set on 25. There aren’t any other reports of any bugs showing any similar behavior. There is no indication that our servers aren’t updating fine.

I think those mythological QA folks, that people like making up to try and sell their false narrative, might be a little cramped sitting with all the QA folks that haven’t gone anywhere since that didn’t impact QA.

11 Likes

Unfortunately, that may be true if you decide to continue to blame our servers and not either, a mistake you made, or a possible issue with your User Interface.

In either case, I wish you well, Vindolyn.

8 Likes