O.G. Grobbulus RP-PvP Discord

Hello and thank you for your time,

The former RP-PvP Conclave is extending our support to the RP-PvP community by continuing a clean minimalist Discord for North America’s newest RP-PvP Realm – Grobbulus

Driven by a love for Warcraft, we’ve been victorious in securing a realm @ launch!
So this Discord will extend it’s agenda to reflect the growing excitement, community integration and ongoing recruitment on Grobbulus RP-PvP!

We are community members and that is completely reflective here. Recent Classic realm Discords have been founded by Reddit mods. These people are interested in gaining popularity and maintaining their small circle receives all fruits of their labor. I firmly believe their monopoly on the realm Discords are wrong.

Within our Discord expect to find:
•O.G. North American RP-PvP Discord with community first mentality
•Thoughtful, persistent community members
•Cross faction guild leader channel
•A minimalist layout
•Horde/Alliance only chat channels
•Ongoing recruitment
•Community event planning and updates

NA | Grobbulus RP-PvP: https://discord.gg/qAkbNer

13 Likes

This was the first Grobbulus Discord server I found and I wholeheartedly support this one. As of right now it has a smaller, more mature feeling, community over the constant stream that the main Grob-Mob has grown into. If you want a server where you can type in the main chat and not feel like you’re watching an Asmongold stream with the chat zipping by at 180 kph, this one is for you.

8 Likes

Isn’t this going to separate the community, which is a driving factor for RP servers in general?

If you steer folks to your discord as opposed to the other one, which has over 1,000 people, they might miss out on events or other things that make RP servers great.

Discord is a tool to foster community and can be very beneficial to any realm especially an RP realm. Just really confused as to why we now have another discord popping up trying to steer people away from an already established one.

If you’re for community why try to fracture it?

1 Like

Reddit mods should speak for the whole game? I think not.

1 Like

Then do you refrain from using the classic Reddit as well?

Just seems like this is an attempt to split up the community which isn’t a good thing, especially for an RP realm.

2 Likes

I’m in no way trying to split the community. Our Discord was established literally fighting for RP-PvP . This realm-type has proven to be an incredibly excitable choice for many passionate people.

How many Grob discords are there now ? I joined one yesterday.
Today is yet another one.

Have too many and we’re doing nothing more then self fractioning ourselves.

2 Likes

The game isn’t out yet. Players will decide for themselves.

This Discord server is not intending to fracture the community at all. And this server isn’t “popping up” at all, it was created first. Which doesn’t mean much especially if we look at the main Grob Mob and how it has exploded overnight. The intent of this Discord server is to give people who are already in the main server another outlet. I personally am in both servers and the level and speed of the chat makes it far too much to keep up with and feel invested in. How can I feel invested in something if the topic has changed ten-fold in the span of 3 minutes?

This Discord has much easier to follow discussion as well as not being meme-saturated. I’ll use the main Discord to look at event postings, and likely copy and paste those events over to this Discord for dissemination. This Discord is not a fracture, merely a suburb of the metropolis that the Grob Mob has become.

6 Likes

Eh, by this logic, guilds ‘split up the community’.

It’s okay for there to be more than one discord. It’s okay for the overall server community to be made up of a bunch of tinier communities.

And it really isn’t that much of a hardship to just join and then mute both discords like I did :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I could be wrong. But these folks made a discord for an RPPVP realm before release.

Then the realms came out and someone made a Glob discord and people flocked to that one.

These folks made a Glob discord since people would leave the RPPVP discord for the server discord?

Still unsure, but that’s what I’m getting out of it. Just seems like something that will split the community.

The Discord is the same, if you were a member there, you would have known we had plans to update the discord once we got an official realm name :slight_smile:

Here’s the thing though… the reddit discord is already exceptionally large and loud. It’s like a school auditorium. But a school isn’t just made up of its auditorium/gymnasium, now is it?

There was always going to be plenty of guild discords cropping up for Grob, just like there were guild vents and teamspeaks and what have you back in the day.

Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised if we get Alliance and Horde specific discords popping up down the line as well.

But that’s okay, because going back to my school analogy, a campus is more than just it’s auditorium, with a thousand kids packed into one place screaming at each other. We can have classrooms as well, where smaller groups congregate to be able to chat and what have you :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Ok…so is there a list of the list of the various discord servers for Grob ?

I’m not directly involved with any discords besides being a member of the two I know of, but I think it’s just the two for now all the same. Basically the reddit discord, and then this discord server, which if I understand correctly, started out life as the RP-PvP insurrection, trying to get Blizz to see reason and give us our RP-PvP server.

The top post cites “Reddit mod power” as to a reason they dislike the other discord.

Just seems like a community split over something as tiny as internet power. If you didn’t cite Reddit mods, it would seem genuine.

Too many folks vying for useless power it seems which can hurt the community since it may split folks up.

Now I have to join two discords because an event may go on in one and not be mentioned in the other.

It’s like 40,000 commanders trying to lead 3 soldiers

1 Like

He mentioned Reddit mods because he was banned from the main one for “creating competition”. I’m paraphrasing, likely poorly, but that’s the long and short of it. And your event scenario is a non-issue, as has been stated, a simple ctrl c+v solves your problem.

1 Like

Ok, I’m good with joining 2. But if it starts to get out of hand then I’ll just leave them all and be a lone wolf.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I’m afraid of!

So many people want to be the “boss”.