NPC missing from Chamber of the Heart

Kalec/Kalecgos missing from Chamber of the Heart post 8.3. As such the HoA level 70 quest to aquire Crucible of the Flame (Rank 4) is not accessible, despite the tooltip directing us to this location to pick up the quest: “A Bolt from the Blue.”

One of the comments here suggests that you need to have exalted with the Defenders (I presume they mean Champions) of Azeroth. Have you met that milestone just to be sure?

Another comment looks like he may have been hotfixed out of the Chamber and is instead residing at the area in Coldarra where he waits for you, if I understand it correct. Is there an exclamation point on the map in that region?

1 Like

I saw those comments too. That hotfix in question was from October. Kalec was in the Chamber of the Heart as recently as last week. I did the quests for rank two and three on an alt last week.

As of patch 8.3, I can’t find him. I have flown all over the Coldarra. Despite there being a number of blue dragons and Malygos flying around here, Kalec/Kalecgos is not here.

I’ve been exalted with the Champions since 2018. I’ve completed the 8.3 quests in the chamber as far as I can. I have two quests remaining. One is to kill N’Zoth in the new raid and the other is to continue leveling the legendary cloak. Still no Kalec.

Kalec was in the Chamber last night. I dinged 70 on my HoA and was immediately given the quest.

EDITED TO ADD: I dinged in the middle of doing the new content quest chains. So I grabbed his quest in the middle of being sent back & forth to the Chamber.

1 Like

Sap, you may want to check your quest log, and see if there are any quests that may be phasing Kalecgos from being seen. Most places in BfA are heavily phased, so one quest, even if it seems unrelated, may cause him to not be there.

3 Likes

As far as I can see, Sap, there are still requirements that you have yet to fulfill. The comment section on that Wowhead page for A Bolt from the Blue should be pretty helpful. Specifically the following:

I had to complete Magni’s quests ( A Fresh Trauma and following) to let Kalecgos spawn and offer A Bolt from the Blue for rank 4.

You appear to have started the questline with A Fresh Trauma, but not all the required quests yet. You’ll want to talk to Magni and pick up “An Old Scar”. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

From the wowhead comments in the “In Darkness, I dream” quest (which is the quest to unlock rank 2 crucible of flame).

"It seems the 8.3 Horrific Vision quest line has broken the acquisition of this quest. If you complete the 8.3 quests to unlock your Horrific Visions (thus phasing the Chamber with Wrathion etc.), there’s no one to talk to in the Chamber of Heart, no quest in Val’sharah, and no obvious indication of how to upgrade Crucible of Flame at this point."

I am also stuck now with only rank 1 Crucible on my alt, because I have done my Horrific Visions and Kalec is not showing up at all. I have no way to find Kalec and acquire this quest.

Again I want to emphasize, Kalec should BE in the Chamber of heart to pick up this quest but is NOT.

3 Likes

Is this on your other character, Prolifics? Your Blood Elf Warrior? If so, you have a quest called “Back Out to Sea” in your quest log. You’ll want to complete that.

9 Likes

Okay, I’ll give that a go! And yes, this would be on my blood elf warrior. I’ll chime in if it fixes it.

Yep, it seems that was the issue (part of the Nazjatar opening questline). It is all fixed up and now I can see them in the heart chamber, good to go. Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

this was my exact issue as well! Glad hopefully this thread becomes more popular in case others have the same issue

2 Likes

On my priest, Kalec isn’t there for my rank 4 essence. I’ve completed the storyline of Nazjatar and the 8.3 story too

1 Like

This is exactly what I needed to do as well. Finish the return to nazjatar quest and Kalec phased back in.

2 Likes

Not certain if you are still having an issue but you appear to have “A Fresh Trauma” in your quest log. You’ll want to complete that quest line.

3 Likes

I am also having this issue and I believe I have completed all the quest mentioned. Magni nor the Earthen Guard have a quest available for me in the Chamber of Heart and I checked my quest log, nothing.

I have the issue, but for rank 3. I only have four quests left in my log, none of them related to this. My heart of Azeroth level is 70.

Edit: The character looking for it is Arikmalis, Shu Halo DK.

It would still help us to know what they are.

1 Like

Sure thing:

1. Black Empire Campaign:
    Ny’alotha: the Corruptor defeated.

2. Professions:
    Maintaining focus.

3. Special:
    The eternal traveler.

4. Visions of N’Zoth:
    Reconstructing “The Curse of Stone”.

I am exalted with all Battle for Azeroth factions, with the exception of the two that came with 8.3.

EDIT: I notice the problem before I picked the eternal traveler quest, in case this is relevant.
EDIT2: Other characters that have not completed as many quests can see the NPC.

Case closed. I got the solution from a GM. Kudos to them, working on a Sunday, and giving me a personalized answer.

2 Likes

Glad to hear that they were able to help you out with this Arisdotall

4 Likes