NOW Blizzard does something?

this seems acceptable to me. delete 50 % of their gold and farmed resources.

It would be great to see justice served for once, as much as I doubt they will, nobody should be above the law and honestly if I was blizz I would hand down the harshest penalties to streamers as an example to their followers.

how about exploiting raiding system to get more xp from dungeons lol. ban all streamers

they would still have 50,000 gold lol

And if they didn’t do anything you would be here screaming at the sky… so damned if they do and damned if they don’t right?

SMFH

2 Likes

Well, it definitely explains how the gold farmers have a bunch of gold onhand to sell to players.

Kinda sucks…a big part of the fun of new servers is to see an economy and AH culture grow organically. Guess it’s not going to happen with classic. Not with this kind of stuff going on.

2 Likes

How could they not see the potential for abuse after server hop in Legion is beyond me.

At this point I’m more concerned about the long-term health of the economy much more than the punitive actions take against the exploiters, but I do hope they get axed hard.

2 Likes

They absolutely punished people for cascading MC back in the day

1 Like

I’m happy they are addressing this rather quickly. I do hope for bans any one abusing this bug. I also hope that they purge the AH of items that were listed because of this bug.

I think there is a difference in layer hopping in the open world & layer hopping inside a closed instance / raid.

If you want to layer hop the open world you’ll at best get some extra materials for professions. It sucks for the AH, but it’ll level out eventually.

Layer hopping inside an instance with an id meant for one kill per reset is a bigger problem than the first as it lets you farm all your pre-bis gear in one go, rare recipes, gold, and profession materials to boot.

Layer hopping inside a raid is the biggest problem. Being able to do each raid boss twice doubles the raid loot.

Dungeons & Raids have id’s for either once per reset or once per week. The playerbase knows this as do streamers. intentionally taking advantage of a flaw in the system not intended by Blizzard is most definitely an exploit that should come with very harsh punishment.

Problem though is streamers are poster children for Blizzard. In 2011 Swifty crashed a server with an event he knew had high probability to crash a server and did it anyways. Blizzard perma-banned him right away but because his streaming status & RAZOR connections the ban was removed as if nothing had happened. If any normal player did this they’d have been stuck with the ban permanently.

Personally I think the punishment for anyone that abused dungeon / raid layering should be perma-banned. If people want to play Classic that bad they’ll buy a new account. As for open world layering I think that would be an impossible task to track.

Yeah bro, f*cking the economy is no big deal. devaluing patterns and other drops while inflating your own gold so you can buy raid gear with gdkp is no big deal.

You sure about that? I definitely remember a streamer getting banned for using some exploit or other and the dude basically resorted to streaming himself crying and begging for forgiveness the next day like a whipped cur.

Agree wholeheartedly. I don’t think permaban is necessary for those who did it for leveling, but a 30 day minimum should happen. It won’t, but it should.

As for the ones doing the boss kill stuff, ban them permanently and delete all spoils, including the items sold to others. They deleted duped diablo 2 items so they should do the same here. It’s effectively (but not identically) duping.

They won’t do anything. A slap on the wrist maybe. They don’t take Classic seriously. These people and the exploiters before them need perma bans.

1 Like

Yeah.

There’s no place for morals and integrity in this cold, hard world.

…of Warcraft.

1 Like

You mean the former elitist j#$% who min maxed everything to death and runs wow looks the other way as people use the game systems to full advantage and ONLY steps in once there is visual proof of it being done in raids?

1 Like

The hard part is going to be tracking down all the gold/items/mats that exploiters gained and transferred to other toons/accounts. That stuff needs to be removed from the game.

Blizzard has to do this for each exploiter if they want to try to undo some of the damage. That’s a lot of work and I don’t know if it’s something that can be automated.

Nothing more annoying than people who cry endlessly thay something hasnt been done and then cry endlessly when ‘oh now they do something’

Allowing people to instantly rekill the last boss of a 2 hour long instance is more damaging to the game than someone getting to level 60 two days early.

1 Like

Cheating yes, exploits not so much…

Guy who 1 shot kazak nothing, all the people DI skipping razorgore nothing, etc, etc.

There is no difference between an exploit and “clever use of game mechanics” in vanilla nearly everything was considered clever use now everything is usually considered an exploit.