Not thrilled with the so called dungeon finder

No, because the content from 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2 didn’t go anywhere when RDF was implemented.

In fact, some of it suddenly became used again because suddenly getting alts to max level was actually fun.

3 Likes

Did the content disappear?

No?

Okay then.

3 Likes

Was it still relevant?

No?

Okay then.

Unironically it became more relevant with RDF because suddenly levelling alts was a fun adventure and alts could use the old gear.

6 Likes

Dungeon finder didn’t make any content more relevant. Either the content was already useful for something or it wasn’t.

But you’re wrong.

As I’ve told you repeatedly, we’ve been here before. We know how this plays out.

The changes they made to make heroics more relevant are playing out the exact same way they did in the original without it. People do the daily for badges and log out.

2 Likes

Amazing how obvious it is these trolls never played back in Wrath. RDF made every dungeon incredibly relevant.

4 Likes

And even the old raids cause yanno, more alts means more badges wanted and older gear being relevant.

But “inv” is the paramount social experience and lord forbid we lose that.

I don’t know how you hold it together going back and forth with people who can’t even accept that 50% is half. I couldn’t stop laughing long enough to reply. Though I try not to feed the trolls anyway.

1 Like

Years and years and years of practice :wink:

But emblems are irrelevant after the first few weeks, wasnt that the pro rdf argument as to why all those bonus rewards for rdf dont matter? So rdf didnt make dungeons more relevant. It was just the new emblems being out from 3.3. Not rdf that made them more relevant for the very start of 3.3.

Because that had nothing to do with the weekly raid quest that gave top teir emblems that also got added in 3.3 :roll_eyes:

Played plenty. Rdf isnt the miracle cure you think it is. Yes it made doing dungeons easier for people who had no social connections and pugged everything. It also killed one of the reasons people had to make social connections and in turn hurt the overall community and social aspects of the game.

It made the content more accessible which yes did in fact make it more relevant.

3 Likes

Yeah no you are simply wrong. It greatly increased the number of dungeons being run that weren’t the heroic daily.

Why? Because having social connections != having people who will run a dungeon through content whenever you want. We know you like to be carried through content but some of us like actually running the dungeon.

You also refuse to explain how RDF being in the game prevents you using for massive social network to continue running dungeons just like you do today.

4 Likes

It doesn’t matter how accessible it is. When I get an epic +100% speed ground mount, suddenly all low-level dungeons are more comfortably in my reach, but that doesn’t change the fact that I have no use for anything in them in principle.

When it comes to leveling dungeons, dungeon finder changed absolutely nothing about how relevant they are because when I’m level 19, the gear in the Deadmines or Wailing Caverns is relevant to me whether dungeon finder automatically built my group or I did it myself.

When it comes to level-capped dungeons, dungeon finder changes absolutely nothing about how good or bad the gear in those dungeons is relative to what’s available from the most end-game content. If I’m sitting in a full set of T8, virtually all gear that drops from heroic dungeons is equally useless to me, whether dungeon finder built my group or I did it myself.

1 Like

Actually it does directly matter to how relevant it is.

Content I cannot run because there’s no groups for it might as well not exist. Which is largely the state of leveling dungeons.

3 Likes

Just because you can’t get a group on demand, it doesn’t mean there are no groups. If you want groups on demand to experience content, keep up with the rest of us.

1 Like

So invent a time machine and go back to when vanilla classic launched?

Yeah I’ll get right on that.

3 Likes

It’s like you hit reply to say something stupid.

Why tho?

6 Likes