Not thrilled with the so called dungeon finder

Yeah, the dungeon finder is why I took to WOTLK back in the day.

What we have now is not very good and buggy.

If people don’t like it they don’t have to use it.

Back in the day I hardly ever did dungeons in Vanilla and TBC, so when the finder came out it was a godsend!

66 Likes

It’s perfectly fine the way it is. The problem isn’t the tool. The problem is the people.

26 Likes

Factually incorrect.

You cannot queue for raids, dungeons, custom, pvp simultaneously.

You can only write a description of what youre looking for, or about your gs, role or experience if you have something not in game attached to your account.

The system doesnt seperate heroic dungeons and heroic+ dungeons

The system still has issues remembering what role you are

It automatically delists you if you get invited and decline the invite

The system is far from ok

56 Likes

Why didn’t they just put DF in the game? Doing DF and getting badges on alts in Wrath was really fun. Maybe add it in when ICC comes out? I think that’s when they added it in the live game back in 2009ish.
I think the game would have better retention with this feature added in. I understand why it wasn’t in classic and BC, but it became an integral tool toward the end of WotLK, which is where we are.

36 Likes

With Brian Birmingham no longer the lead of Classic it’s possible that somebody who’s pro-RDF will replace him, maybe we will get RDF by ICC.

But on the other hand there are apparently other people on the Classic dev team that think the buggy LFG tool and riveting communication like “sums plz” is peak socialization that leads to friendship so idk

38 Likes

Does that go to say that you don’t have interest in Wrath’s content?

What makes you say that? I think the bugs have mostly been ironed out.

Argumentum ergo decedo. Nice fallacy.

What’s stopping you now? The LFG tool we have now is so much better than the original one we had in Wrath. It’s basically very similar to dungeon finder, except it doesn’t remove the interaction, and it’s also not cross-realm.

4 Likes

What is stopping me now?

The interface as listed above. The old interface you clicked tank, healz, dps and you keep on leveling. When it popped you were there and ready to go.

Back in the day I was not a very knowledgeable PVE player and not very social. That was 12-13 years ago.

Different guy now. But back then it opened a whole new part of the game. PVE dungeons and then the Heroics.

I have very fond memories of finally being good enough to heal one of the heroic dungeons as a holy pally.

Bottom line, the system in OG wotlk worked great. P:eriod. This system is nothing like that system.

The post was made to express my dissatisfaction with the current system.

Thanks!

26 Likes

Nah, the tool is pretty garbage.

19 Likes

Dropping logical fallacies in Latin?

Sounds like a straw man argument to me.

Do you like strawberry ice cream?

I don’t, but many do.

And if I did it is available.

Is my dislike for strawberry ice cream reason to ban strawberry ice cream and only sell strawberry flavored ice cubes in its place.

Nope.

Send the next unemployed philosophy major…

18 Likes

That’s literally how the LFG interface works, except instead of a queue pop and a teleport, you’ll either get a group invite or a whisper. :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean, if we’re really talking about OG Wrath, dungeon finder was only added in the very last raid tier. If you truly want the most OG experience, we’d have even less than we do currently.

lmao

What part of using the Latin title is a “strawman argument”? That’s not what a strawman argument is. Maybe don’t use words you don’t understand. But if Argumentum ergo decedo is too difficult for you to Google, you could also search it up by the Traitorous Critic Fallacy.

So your response to me accurately pointing out the flaw in your logic is to double down with the false equivalency fallacy. Nice.

4 Likes

I said your argument was straw man, with a mix of appeal to authority.

16 Likes

Please elaborate on these two points. How does anything I’ve said fall under those fallacies? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The fallacy implicitly alleges that the critic does not appreciate the values and customs of the criticized group or is traitorous, and thus suggests that the critic should avoid the question or topic entirely, typically by leaving the criticized group.

Not even.

If I understand correctly, Blizz decided to change the OG system because it detracted from the social interactions between players and helped build better relationships.

So my reply is I liked how it woprked back then and I wish it worked that way now, and for those who say it bad for the game, then don’t use it.

I don’t want you to leave WoW. I want the ability to use a good system. If you do not think that system is good don’'t use it. That is not a fallacy, it is about taste.

11 Likes

Dismissing anti-dungeon finder arguments implicitly as dishonest or malicious (see: traitorous) by suggesting it doesn’t negatively affect those people even though they say it does…

“If you don’t like it, don’t use it.” → “If you don’t like it, leave.”

Which part of this are you confused about?

2 Likes

People often argue about things they ‘personally’ feel or experienced, the LFG tool is garbage, anyone with half a mind would be able to see it. Even if RDF isn’t put in ever, they could have done a little bit more to make the tool better, but they didn’t.

The same people arguing that RDF is the SOLE REASON that retail became retail say that it was toxic, It ruined community and server identity vs a tool that is slapped on, does not help lower levels at all, and while there are some people that enjoy the slow leveling, many others want a quicker experience to get to max and play endgame in a reasonable amount of time. the LFG tool is toxic.

You people are laughable, the very same people who see the bad sides of RDF, but don’t see the toxicity of the tool, and the only reason I use it, is because I can’t form a group myself in the LFG channel without first touching it.

10 Likes

I am not confused, but maybe I am! LOL.

I don’t see how the group finder in the original games impacts people who don’t like it.

I find their arguments invalid.

I guess my question to you is, how does the OG group finder affect people who do not wish to use it?

6 Likes

Not gonna lie, kind of amusing how they said

Still haven’t seen them make any changes to the Group Finder tool since they made that post.

9 Likes

They should just include RDF. Make it so the first heroic dungeon of the day gives you 2 conquest tokens and thats it, similar to the daily system. Use the daily heroic dungeon npcs for some other cool purpose.

9 Likes

I didn’t like lfr. So I didn’t use it. That didn’t mean I should leave or that I wanted it removed. I just didn’t use it.

I didn’t like transmog. So I didn’t do it. That didn’t mean I should leave or I wanted it removed. I just didn’t do it.

I didn’t like pet battles. So I didn’t collect pets or engage in pet battles. That didn’t mean I should leave or that I wanted it removed. I just didn’t do it.

If you don’t like rdf don’t use it. It’s just that simple.

24 Likes

Those kind of feel like a conflict of interest and you are just looking for whatever suits you best first.

Kind of like the friend you make plans with but then ditches you for new more exciting plans.

In terms of random QoL things you prefer to have? Sure. In terms of usage for the VAST majority of players that interact with it. Ya, its fine. Could use some improvements but I would take it over LFD anyday.

4 Likes