Not thrilled with the so called dungeon finder

I prefer it just not being in the game. It’s that simple.

3 Likes

The only two reasons I can see people disliking it, are 1.) They don’t want the pool of people who think like they do be ‘forced’ to use it, even if it’s a choice that many would choose, which is a stupid argument and it just implies the ‘Me me me me’ thinking.

2.) They argue on the forums about it to incite people to respond, because we all know that no matter how much we discuss it, in the end it’s Blizzards decision whether to add it or not and they fall back to “But Blizzard didn’t add it so there.”

I just like reading the forums with people who scream community but then insult people for having an opinion that differs from theirs.

15 Likes

There’s no reason the two have to be mutually exclusive, they serve fundamentally different functions.

RDF is for when someone just wants to pug a dungeon, the LFG Tool is when you actually want to be selective about who you group with. The reason people are upset with the LFG Tool(and chat pugging prior) is they do just want to pug a dungeon and RDF is simply the superior tool to do so in.

9 Likes

I get that some people want to stick their nose in everybody’s business and control what they do. People like that are one of the biggest problems in the world today. I’m happy playing my way and don’t need to control how everyone else plays the game.

10 Likes

Blizzard lost the RDF debate a long time ago. Despite claiming they would listen to the community, they have dug their heels in and continued being more wrong with each passing day rather than simply admitting they were wrong and allowing us to have fun with a far superior dungeon tool. That mentality of theirs is exactly why retail numbers are lower than they’ve ever been, they seem to love designing the game for a group of people who don’t even exist while ignoring the majority of real people who are giving them feedback.

15 Likes

No. It’s the tool, and people like you. The way you play the game ruins it for others.

You can’t differentiate between heroic and heroic plus and it has become a perversion of the spirit of what was the original Wrath.

6 Likes

Yeah you definitely have no idea what a strawman argument is lmao

1 Like

i don’t even know why there is another RDF thread but here it is and here we go again. yes you did say Aurumai’s comment is a strawman. and it isn’t. it just isn’t you failed. you used a word that you didn’t know the meaning to. further more you did not use it with a mix of appeal to authority. you just didn’t. this is an out right lie. please stop. while i do agree with you on the subject of RDF being in the game whatever these clowns say against it. you are still wrong about the strawman and appeal to authority comment. you look like a clown.

By the way reason why they changed the df inn wrath, is becouse off those who was against it. So when they removed it others complanied about it. So now now they have something inn between. Its not perfect but bether then nothing.

That’s the bar we’re at for a recreation of a 15 year old game?

Better than nothing?

6 Likes

Same. Idk why you would post all that fake compassion that reeks with narcissism before it.

I dont get this. No one is preventing you from doing dungeons or having fun.

I’m gonna take a guess and suggest you haven’t tried to a normal or simple heroic (not heroic+) dungeon for a while?

6 Likes

Is it? Seeing 3 tanks listed that are in the same group… yet the person that is building the group whispers you to tank. No its not perfectly fine. The problem is the tool.

I joined a group that was listed as a DPS but ended up tanking. So not only does it seem to show people looking for a group improper roles within groups that are forming, but it seems like those making the groups see roles that arent what they are looking to do.

4 Likes

I leveled 3 toon after this one, and granted 1 was with AV weekend last month. Never had any issues finding OR JUST MAKING a dungeon group. Tool was really helpful too. I could just look at it between some mobs and then go back to doing my quest, or asking people if this was thier main or 2nd/3rd toon ect and why they are playing it.

Also Heroic+ since you mention it worked fine as well on the rogue alt for gearing a 3k gs to a 4k gs in a week or 2.

1 Like

So now you’ve revealed yourself as a liar as well as someone who wants to control how other people play. You’ve said you want rdf out of the game so even though you could just not use it you want other people to not have the option of using it. You clearly want to control how other people play, why lie about it?

6 Likes

Nope.

Never said anything like this.

I think the game is better off without it. This is as about as close to anything factual you have said.

You are really being dramatic.

1 Like

Then don’t decline the invite?

Nope, straight and to the point. If rdf is in the game you could simply not use it. But that’s not enough for you. You want no one to be able to use it. Seems pretty clear to me. You want to control how other people play the game. But go ahead and keep lying about it. /shrug

9 Likes

You can keep acting oppressed. /shrug

No one is stopping you from playing a video game. You are being dramatic about an automated group tool that isn’t even that well received.