Not receiving gold for sold auctions

Hello everyone, can I just ask if this is an issue you have been experiencing since 8.3 began, or just since last night after the update+server restarts? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks!

Last night during the massive server collapse.

1 Like

Chiming in here (as directed by BlizzardCS). Missing 3 sales from Medallion of the Legion worth just under 19k gold. Character is Auric-Dalaran-US. Sale was made late last night Eastern time, expected to arrive after midnight.

Didn’t arrive at all. No sign of it other than my inventory being 3 Medallions shorter.

Also happening to me. Almost all of my sold auctions disappear after the hour countdown that I’ve noticed since the patch dropped. Out who knows how much gold as I posted a Ton of inventory. Hope they push the gold through soon. Elsza-Feathermoon

Same thing happening to me. I have lost about 55k at this point (ore, herbs, cloth, flasks). Knew about it last night, but wanted to make sure that was what was happening, so when I logged in this morning and saw I had 200 Riverbud, 20 Storm Silver Ore and a transmog piece I watched it. Only received the gold for the transmog piece.

Also just lost 2 enchants and a glyph, maybe I should take down my auctions…

Under the character: Taylorsells - Area 52

I likely won’t have any answers for awhile.

Many are asking if they should pull down their auctions for the time being. I’m not going to recommend that, but it shouldn’t hurt if you wish to, many have reported doing just that without incident.

As we get any new info on this, I’ll try to keep you updated here, but again, it is likely to be a bit before we’ll have any information to share.

Thank you very much for your patience.

4 Likes

Draelle-Azralon

I just remember Zin’anthid, Rubbery Flank and Spirit of Harmony
But I know I sold more stuff.

1 Like

Thanks for the response.

So I’ve been cancelling my auctions out of paranoia, and noticed when I went to cancel Faded Photograph it stated it was going to charge me 150,000g to cancel as far as I could tell. I clicked so quickly as I was cancelling everything I had up that I didn’t pause, and just clicked okay. It didn’t seem to take any gold, so I thought I must be going crazy and didn’t think anything of it. But now I’m finishing cancelling all my auctions, with two blues left, and it’s telling me if I cancel them I’ll be charged 4999g (Beguiler’s robes) and 2250g (Darkmoon Hammer) on top of my listing fee. No one has bid on these items. I have a SS but am not allowed to link it here.

What on earth is this? Is this normal and new to the AH, is it a bluff, and why is it happening? I don’t think I was charged before but I’m too paranoid to cancel these two auctions. No idea if this is a buggy thing in relation to last nights update.

I’d leave them be, Neit. It should be fine.

Over/under on gold being lost?

1 Like

I’m assuming they probably don’t have any way to correctly account for what gold is lost. Maybe I’m pessimistic but I’m guessing all the gold will be lost, unless they have some sort of built in fail safe for this.

Issue is too, they’ll probably focus on stopping this from happening, before retroactively giving people the gold they missed.

Hello Orlyia, I appreciate the reply but that doesn’t actually answer the question of why on earth there is a crazy charge to cancel an auction that isn’t being bid on? :confused: It must not be really going to charge me right, but why is this happening?

With as many kinks to work out with the new interface as there are, it isn’t really surprising that there are some elements that aren’t working as they should be.

1 Like

Orlyria, do you know if the data is safe and retrievable? I’m kind of shocked at your post since usually PR very quickly let’s customers know the data is safe (or warns it is not and takes drastic actions to limit the data loss).

It may be wise to check with someone familiar with handling PR for data integrity issues if you’re not used to the differences in customer expectations on such issues.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me yesterday evening. I post a large volume of items so giving the exact item and gold amount is difficult. However, it’s noticeable when you have >10 items sell and 5 minutes later they’ve disappeared and items/gold are not in the mailbox.

I anticipate having to eat the loss. Figure it’s going to be a matter of skepticism if you can’t itemize the items and/or the gold.

Great improvement on the AH, Blizzard. Makes for a great gaming experience. Maybe I ought to erase my subscription as well.

4 Likes

Should Blizzard be monitoring this for looking into possible related bugs: My banker toon is Bankonator, Area 52. I don’t use any AH addons. Auctions gone missing go back to just prior to the restart on Thursday.

I lost about 50k also and they say they have “no record” of it. I have like 50 screenshots showing the items sold, but never getting to my mailbox. {Inappropriate language removed}

1 Like

the auction house was left with the gold of the sale today, I demand that I return the gold of the sales made right now

35-45k gone

Where did you get that response?

This does not make me feel confident I’ll be getting the gold I am owed.

Not cool. Maybe it is best I just take a break from the game. If they can’t restore our gold I’m done.