Not playing classic

Who knows, some might low-key play just to see what’s what.

Oh they will. If Blizzard has one thing under their belt it’s the sense of semi-permanence. The servers have been up nearly 15 years so you can only imagine how long Classic will last unlike PServers that come and go like the wind.

I think people will find it really, really hard to not play even if they’re staunchly against some aspect of it because they’ll more than likely always have an account/character to come back to.

1 Like

So the ultimatum of, either build Classic using systems true to its origin, or we won’t play on your servers, isn’t reasonable in the context of whether or not private server players will play Classic or not?
:thinking:

Again, you are attempting to twist what I am saying into what you want. Starting to come off like you are projecting.

I am saying ultimatums are garage. Find a better method for communication. Then, if Blizzard does deliver a product to you liking, it’s your money.

I have never condemned the pserver as a whole and I am fully aware of how pservers will ebb and flow with populations.

The vacuum will exist. So will some blow back.

They’re only garbage if there’s no follow-through. I think we agree that it’s money that’s doing the real talking, in the end.

1 Like

It isn’t when it’s a needed system for a short time in the case of sharding, or to cover for the fact they won’t have the GM’s available to handle problems that come up, like in the case of tradable loot.

At a certain point on some of these systems we as a community need to have some give and not just all take.

You look at the list of demands we’ve had, and Blizzard has hit just about every one of them we’ve asked for. Sure there are some things we would like better but they are all things that did exist in Vanilla.

I get certain things are bad, but I really think some people around here need to think about what they have done vs what we could have gotten. No one should be that upset tbh.

I don’t know if I’d call myself upset with how things are shaping. Skeptical is the word. Still, if they stick to the letter and the spirit of their outline so far, they’ll have my money.

People will 100% not play over some changes. I personally know 2 people who already told me they wouldn’t play and I 100% believe them. They’re the type of people to say something and stick to it.

One time they both said they would never play League again and my friend group was like “lol yeah see you tomorrow” well it’s been 2 years.

I understand they have to make some changes and I’ll live with them even though I want it to be close to Vanilla as possible. Something that will make me quit instantly is the addition of new character models or animations even with a toggle

So what you’re asking is, will people posting on the internet with usernames keep their word?

Rofl, that’s rich

1 Like

I haven’t heard anyone say they’re not playing for quite awhile. Maybe one guy on reddit.

1 Like

That was a bot

Most people will try it. Most of the BFA players will probably leave.

I think once Classic is finally here, a lot of people will be curious and play. Probably a lot of people will stick around that weren’t originally planning on doing so.

1 Like

Childish meets childish. Funny

You played BfA quite extensively at launch and you seem to care about changes, apparently very much.

na even if i dont like some of the changes ill still play and so will most of the ones saying they wont as what else are they going to play new mmos has been a wasteland for years now with battle royal and survival both low content cheap to make crap being the only new supposed mmos which arnt even mmos . so i guess most will play even if they say they wont.

Nope…I’ll just keep playing on pservers…

Sometimes I think people forget that Classic is happening because people were and still are playing on pservers

1 Like

Yeah, and I don’t play anymore because I don’t like BfA, so clearly I’m not really a BfA player. I was more referring to the kinds of people still play BfA, and more importantly, the people who like it and the differences it has to Classic.

Private servers that offer a more accurate representation of vanilla than even the official Blizzard Classic servers.

2 Likes

Then go play private servers then if they offer a more accurate representation.

You’re lying about not being subbed? You literally cannot post on the forums without an active subscription, has been that way for years. So by your deceit, you will definitely be playing classic when it comes out. Not to mention most classic servers said they were going to be shutting down when classic launches due to there not being a reason to have a private server and of course legal reasons as well. So enjoy classic, buddy.