Not getting the new currency (Echoes of Ny'alotha)

for instance. I have lucid rank 3 on my hunter and rogue but I cant buy Depth forged, tablet of the balancing tides or unbound azerite. going from a pure dps class to a multi spec class seems like im missing alot but i have all the stuff I can get on my main. Like its giving me the option to buy lucid but not the other specs essences? Plz tell me this is not intended

Do you mean you haven’t earned the Rank 3 essence of Depth Forged, Tablet of the Balancing Tides or Unbound Azerite on any character yet?

As far as I know you must have earned the Rank 3 essence you want to purchase on an alt on at least one of your characters. You can’t simply purchase a Rank 3 you want that you otherwise haven’t earned before. Please let me know if I am misunderstanding.

If that is the case, Knyvesrus, please post in the Bug Report forum with what details you can. Our QA team is collecting that information and looking into it as quickly as they can.

1 Like

I will - does that mean I shouldn’t turn in my Assault quest (or open Cache of the Fallen Mogu) for the Vale, or will we be reimbursed for the Echoes that didn’t drop if I do and I still don’t get any?

For instance I have two character a hunter and a rogue that both have rank 3 of lucid and revered with nazjatar. Am I allowed to buy ever rising tide on an alt? I am unable to purchase these on my main. I hope this isn’t the case because its playing favoritism.

I just checked on one of my healer alts and the Tome of the Quickening Tides was available to her (once she has the currency that is).

1 Like

Let’s back up a step.

From what I can see you have two 120 characters. I see that you have been earning Echoes on your Mage, but not on your Rogue. The question I have is, does your Mage have an Essence at Rank 3 that your Rogue would be able to use, that the Rogue doesn’t already have?

If so, they should be able to earn Echoes. If they do not, then as far as I am aware, they don’t qualify to earn them.

I’m not sure how that is playing favoritism, Iceflow. The system allows you to purchase Rank 3 essences that you already otherwise acquired on another character. If you didn’t earn that Rank 3 essence, you won’t otherwise qualifying to purchase it.

If that essence is an alternate version for a different spec, I can’t really speak to that but as far as I am aware, that still registers as an entirely different essence.

1 Like

I just want to make sure we are on the same page. So I can’t acquire some essences because I was a hunter. For example, I reached the required rep to get memory rank 3 on my main and that is available on my alt monk (great working intended). But I am not allowed to purchase the other specs essences even though I grinded the rep on my main and purchased all available essences on him.

Which essences do you have unlocked on your toons (with the highest ranks)?

Which essences are you in turn trying to purchase from MOTHER on your alts?

I wonder, are you specifically looking at your spec essences?

I have all three Nazjatar rep essences unlocked to rank 3 on my main, and I just checked a couple different alts where they’re available for purchase, but the default for what mother offers is just to show what’s specific to the spec I’m in.

Click the drop-down in the upper right corner of the purchase ui and choose “all,” see if that changes anything.

1 Like

I have bought all the essences I can buy on my main, rouge and hunter. The only thing I do not have on them is rank 3 conflict. I shouldn’t see this many things grayed out because I want to play a healer or tank. but I guess im going to have to regrind.

I guess the only thing we can ask you to do is take pictures of your available essences on the character that has earned the majority of them at rank 3, and then pictures of the essences available for purchase on the alts you want to earn them on.

I can see rank 3 of C&S offered by MOTHER when I look, but I can’t purchase it yet because I won’t have rank 3 until next week.

Just as a comparison, this is what I see on my main when I check MOTHER.

This character has the most essences in relation to my other 120s.

This is what one of my healer alts sees (all 3 vendor pages are in this album - just click link to visit): https://imgur.com/a/UfDjmnp

This is what one of my tank alts sees (all 3 vendor pages are in this album - just click link to visit): https://imgur.com/a/Duia3cw

Two characters both opening a 15 box from previous week.
Both opening 1900 pvp box.

One character receives 550 whilst the other receives 380…?

ftfy

Neither of them should have received more than 300, judging by this post. Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

20 Echoes per keystone level = 100 Echoes for +5, 200 for +10, 300 for +15

I’m slightly jealous since I got the appropriate 260 for completing a +13.

How do you identify your qualifiying character? I have logged on my Raiding main, questing main and dungeon main all with a mix of rank 3 essences etc. All 3 cant hand in ‘The Unshackled’ quest despite saying its complete and yellow quest above hand ins head. You click on complete quest but does nothing. No chest, reward, currency etc. Switched off all addons , restarted 4 times and tried it on 3 toons from 6am till right now.

Just not working despite going to heart forge and clicking in mother etc

PS others have been able to hand in while I was trying but a lot cant also

This is happening to me too. I logged into my “Main” then over to an alt and did some stuff, it got echoes from stuff as intended, logged into my main and started doing things and after 2 full vision clears and the weekly invasion I thought I should have almost 500 echoes now, went to currency and there is 0, not even the words and a 0, just nothing.

And now I’m reading they basically won’t be refunding anything lost…

My sad face is very sad.

This is happening to me too. I logged into my “Main” then over to an alt and did some stuff, it got echoes from stuff as intended, logged into my main and started doing things and after 2 full vision clears and the weekly invasion I thought I should have almost 500 echoes now, went to currency and there is 0, not even the words and a 0, just nothing.

And now I’m reading they basically won’t be refunding anything lost…

My sad face is very sad.

Same exact thing happened to me. My main not only didn’t receive any Echoes, but I don’t even have the currency available in my tab. It’s not on any emissaries like it is on alts and my alt has an essence I need on my main. So basically my main is incapable of earning Echoes atm.

Maybe if they’d just unlocked account wide essences and not done this stupid currency it wouldn’t be so hard and broken. I also enjoy customer support saying "You should have logged into a character with R3 essences FIRST -and- we won’t help you recover any lost essences. Exactly WHERE was that process communicated BEFOREHAND? Are we just supposed to guess?

2 Likes

To be clear, as far as I understand it, you haven’t lost anything. If you don’t have a Rank 3 essence that you can purchase on an alternate character, you won’t earn Echoes. Meaning if your alt didn’t have a Rank 3 that your main didn’t have, but could otherwise use, your main isn’t eligible to earn Echoes. If your alt receives a Rank 3 that your main doesn’t have and can use, your main will start earning Echoes. It can be a little confusing, sorry.

We are providing the answer we can, Mageypew. We are not authorized or otherwise tasked with refunding or reimbursing Echoes you may have received. I’m sorry if the process wasn’t clear, that wasn’t our intention, but I’m afraid there isn’t anything that CS will be able to do in this situation.

If you wish to provide feedback on the issue, I’d encourage you to add to any of the existing threads in the General Discussion forum.

In order to encourage additional discussion to take place there I’m going to close this thread. Thank you, all.

1 Like